The Chronicles of Narnia

Guest barber

has anyone seen it yet ? ive been a big fan of the books since i was a little kid and cant wait to see the movie release but it doesnt come out in australia until next week. just wondering if it lives up to its name.

I absolutely loved it, I thought it was the best book-to-film adaptation I've seen in years, and better than LOTR, but I always preferred Narnia to Middle-Earth anyway.

Cockney geezer beaver > any character in LOTR

I thought it was a very good film, and if you your a fan of the books(like I was), then its everything you'd expect. Great special effects do add a little something too :D

It's a very good film, coming from someone who's not been a fan so much of the drawn out book adaptation stuff. The final battle looks damn amazing and Liam Neeson voicing Aslan as well as Tilda Swinton's job as the White Witch is done fantastically.

I really could not take the final battle seriously. Unfortunately, my friend sitting next to me in the cinema bore the brunt of this...

"Oh sure, position your army just behind the cusp of a hill, so you can't even SEE the enemy until they're right on top of you. And while you're at it, why not have your backs to a cliff face as well? Fucking morons!"

:shifty:

That said, neither of us were taking the film very seriously to begin with anyway. Aslan couldn't so much as step on screen without one of us making some kind of Jesus quip.

I liked the film, but I didn't like Peter. He really fucking annoyed me with that camp voice of his. And then when he went from the pussy older brother with the camp voice to the fearless leader of an entire army of people, who apparently had awesome sword skills, I couldn't take the transition seriously.

But aye, a lot of effort went into this and it shows throughout the film. But they probably could have cast a better actor for the main role.

I really could not take the final battle seriously. Unfortunately, my friend sitting next to me in the cinema bore the brunt of this...

"Oh sure, position your army just behind the cusp of a hill, so you can't even SEE the enemy until they're right on top of you. And while you're at it, why not have your backs to a cliff face as well? Fucking morons!"

:shifty:

That said, neither of us were taking the film very seriously to begin with anyway. Aslan couldn't so much as step on screen without one of us making some kind of Jesus quip.

You're lucky, I had my mate going on about how illogical it was that they'd made the beavers archers in the last battle, and how they'd get next-to-no trajectory.

That said, we also spent the whole film cracking paedophile jokes, ranting about how emo Mr. Tumnus was, and every time the centaur was on-screen going "Alright, love, wanna know why they call me horse? That's right.....'cos of the legs".

Guest trendsetter

I went to watch it christmas eve, it's a decent film, I expected it to be a typical kids film but at times it was quiet dark and interesting. I've never read the books so it was a new experience for me, I wasn't expecting Aslan to come back to life.

But saying that, we did sit through it making endless paedophile remarks.

I haven't read them in years, but I seem to remember not liking The Magician's Nephew, and I can't even remember Horse & His Boy. I only really remember The Lion, The Witch & The Wardrobe and The Last Battle, to be honest.

• 2 weeks later...