Darts...

Jam

Does anyone else watch the sport? I absolutely love it yet a lot of people don't seem to get into it much, calling it boring. These World Championships lately have been brilliant with some of the big name players going out (Lloyd, Baxter, Jenkins), plus someone who plays for my Dads pub team made the 1st round this year but went out in the first round. The good thing about this year is that I can see it being more than just Taylor walking it. I think Part and Lewis both have great chances to win the tournament

I think this may be the sport that requires the least amount of effort to play. So it should have universal appeal.

But I prefer to play, rather than watch. Watching it can be quite boring, unless there's a hysterically rowdy crowd.

I want 'The Power' to win, mainly because he was funny as fuck on A Question Of Sport.

I think this may be the sport that requires the least amount of effort to play. So it should have universal appeal.

But I prefer to play, rather than watch. Watching it can be quite boring, unless there's a hysterically rowdy crowd.

I want 'The Power' to win, mainly because he was funny as fuck on A Question Of Sport.

I never realised darts could be so interesting with the whole Manley/Lewis debacle.

Considering Peter Manley is from Carlisle, and knowing the area he is from is Harraby - I can safely say he probably did swear at him and purposely try to put him off. I'm surprised he hasn't killed someone to be honest.

Just since people were talking about playing darts...

My brother and me played round the clock darts at the pub on Christmas Eve. I've just hit 20 and he's at 8 or some shit. I'm down to baby bull then bull. Take my first go at baby bull and actually hit the bull. I couldn't hit the bull if I tried but I must have hit the bastard about 4 times in 10 minutes. As I'm still going for baby bull, my brother catches up. After a further 15 minutes or fruitless attempts, we call it a draw.

Darts, a cruel, cruel game.

I never realised darts could be so interesting with the whole Manley/Lewis debacle.

Considering Peter Manley is from Carlisle, and knowing the area he is from is Harraby - I can safely say he probably did swear at him and purposely try to put him off. I'm surprised he hasn't killed someone to be honest.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 1 year later...

James Wade is sexual, he's far and away my favourite, regardless of what this thread claimed 2 years ago >_<

Bit arrogant but still, he's awesome, I wanna go see darts just to drink and write funny signs and scream "OOOOOONNNNNEEEEE HUUUUUUNNNNDDDRRRRREEEED ANNNNND EIIIIIGHHHHTTTYYYY"

Eric Bristow is coming to a pub round mine. I want to go. Get him fucking bladdered (not hard), and tempt him back to my house to keep drinking. Then in the morning, my mam can be all "So...did you bring someone home last night?" and I can go "YES! 5-TIME EMBASSY CHAMPION...ERIC BRISTOW!!!"

Also...tied in with this, me and my friends have christened him Eric "Aaaahhhhhhh" Bristow.

I had a pissed game of darts last night. I won 3 legs to 0. I pulled a 145 out of my arse, was epic. Although I averaged about 40. :shifty:

Edited by YI