NFL Playoffs

Cactus Drags

yep since it is all short and sharp action a lot of anaerobic respiration takes place, this causes lactic acid build up in the muscles which causes sharp muscle pain, this is what happens when "you feel the burn" the only way to reduce lactic acid is to break it down with oxygen, hence you inhale more oxygen by taking a huff out of the can to increase the speed at which the lactic acid breaks down..... especially after a long run like that 75 yd one just then

Edited by Rich__H

For the new fans here.. support the Jets. >_>

I was going to ask of someone could give a run down of the NFL teams and rules in terms of drafts etc. I know a lot of US sports use draft systems....not that I understand them at all.....

EDIT:- When they say, for example, "3rd and 4" is that four yards gained? Or four yards still to gain?

3rd and 4 means its third down with 4 yards required to get a touchdown :)

I was going to ask of someone could give a run down of the NFL teams and rules in terms of drafts etc. I know a lot of US sports use draft systems....not that I understand them at all.....

EDIT:- When they say, for example, "3rd and 4" is that four yards gained? Or four yards still to gain?

3rd and 4 means its third down with 4 yards required to get a 1st down :)

fixed that for ya

Yeah, thanx, i just noticed my embarrasing mistake :blush:

Hold up a minute.......

My screen says "3rd and 15"......I thought you only needed 10 yards to get a 1st down?

A foul can send the side in possesion up or down the field, or if a player is tackled behind the place where the ball started the last play the start of the next play begins where the tackle took place so you can get ridiculous plays such as 3rd and 28 or something (I have seen this and probably worst before). The position for the first down is determined to be 10 yds from the position of the previous end of play position if a first down is achieved or where the return, interception, etc... ended if the drive is just beginning

Edited by Rich__H

Hold up a minute.......

My screen says "3rd and 15"......I thought you only needed 10 yards to get a 1st down?

You can go backwards due to penalties or bad plays, but you still need to get 10 yards from where the ball was spotted on first down. So a 10 yard loss means you now need to go those 10, plus the original 10 or 20 yards to get the first.

Edited by TheArsenal

Hold up a minute.......

At the very start of the night, Sky Interactive had Rules for first-time watchers showing on the number 7 button. That helped me out a lot. I'm not a first-time watcher, but this is the first time I've had a clue what the fuck is going on. I thought I'd go with the authentic American experience and select Interactive Screen #2 with Madden on commentary but he just warbles a load of bollocks all the time so I switched back.

They're not penalised for bad plays. When he says bad plays, he means the guy took the ball with 10 yards to gain, and ended up getting tackled further back from where he started. That's a bad play. So they have the original 10 yards and then even more to make up.

Hold up a minute.......

You can go backwards due to penalties or bad plays, but you still need to get 10 yards from where the ball was spotted on first down. So a 10 yard loss means you now need to go those 10, plus the original 10 or 20 yards to get the first.

So why will teams get penalties? Or punishments for bad plays? And what is considered to be a bad play? And how is it decided how much of a loss the team gets? And what consitutes a foul in this sport?

too many things hahaha, being too "rough" to an opposing player.... holding a player off the ball illegally..... moving past the offensive and defensive line starting positions before the snap (when the ball is first moved by the offense).... and loads of weird variations... i ahev watched NFL for 5 years and still have problems with them lol

The severity depends on the severity of the foul... up to the main ref

Edited by Rich__H