NFL Playoffs

Cactus Drags

I was watching Around the Horn, and Woody Paige picked Denver and Chicago for the Superbowl. Now I know the Broncos were a homer pick, but I've not really heard anyone pick the Bears. Don't think anyone's certain about the NFC to be honest, besides Seattle I guess. I reckon Seahawks/Bears would make for an entertaining conference championship, but I don't know how it works with the seedings. I'd like to see New England versus Cincinatti too. Any Superbowl scenarios you'd like to see. I think Colts/Bears could be really interesting, or maybe Seattle/Pittsburgh.

Yeah, true. Rich has just switched allegiance form the ravens to the colts, so Bears Colts would be quite good too. I can't see where teh Bears can't do it to be honest, I know I'm a Bears fan but still, just look at that defence. And the boost the offence got from Grossman's return against the Falcons was astonishing. Although how much that will have been negated by the stupid decision to start Orton against the Vikes, I don't know.

The only games I'd really be interested in seeing would be. . .

1) NYG vs IND - Manning vs Manning, and I'm a Giants fan

2) CAR vs NE - It was great last time

3) CAR vs JAX - I forget the year but they both came close to making the Super Bowl shortly after they entered the league and it would be an interesting matchup.

4) NYG vs DEN - A rematch of the first Super Bowl my team won

I have no desire to see Tampa Bay, Chicago, Washington or Pittsburgh in the Super Bowl. The sooner those teams are out, the happier I'll be.

What I'd like to see...

NYG vs. IND: Manning for Manning

NE vs. ---- : cause I'm a Pats fan

NE vs. NYG: should be fun sight on campus, me the Pats fan and everyone else = Giants fans

What I think will happen: Chicago or Seattle will win the NFC, the other teams are too weak. New England, Indy, or Pitt for the AFC. If Indy loses, they'll likely choke vs. NE. Pitt might pose a challenge to both NE and Indy, are they good enough. And well, NE has struggled a little this year, but they are the Pats and this is the playoffs.

I know plenty of people picking Chicago to do well but I think they'll lose out to Carolina who will beat Washington in the Conference championship and go on to lose to Denver in the Superbowl.

I'm saying 27-20 win for Denver with Tatum Bell MVP.

That was '96 when Carolina and Jacksonville made their respective conference championships, naiwf.

I don't see Jacksonville going very far into the playoffs. Their lovely QB controversy looks like it might be JUST enough for the Patriots to pull one out, especially in Foxboro.

Carolina/New York is going to be one hell of a game, regardless of who wins it. I feel it's going to be more of a shootout than people think, with Burress and Smith going catch-for-catch.

The other two games, I don't know much of. I just hope New England loses because I'm tired of all the Tom Brady fellatio that goes around every time he completes a pass or successfully ties his shoe. If I had Corey Dillon to hand off to, the receiving corps that he has available, a kicker that is all but automatic from inside 50 yards and that defense to back me up, in a weak division with little competition for the division crown and a guaranteed home game in one of the toughest places to play in the league, I'm pretty sure I could lead a couple Super Bowl charges too.

My picks for the Superbowl are Chicago and Pittsburgh. Why? Because Chicago's defense can't be beaten and Pittsburgh is the only team that can beat Indy, they can put up points with them but they have a better defense.

Who will win Chicago/Pittsburgh, I don't know.

Panthers and Colts. Panthers have the talent to go all the way with 2 talented running backs, a good QB, Steve Smith as the lead WR and Proehl as another decent WR. Then they've got a great defense, they can go deep into the playoffs. Then of course...the colts.

Panthers and Colts. Panthers have the talent to go all the way with 2 talented running backs, a good QB, Steve Smith as the lead WR and Proehl as another decent WR. Then they've got a great defense, they can go deep into the playoffs. Then of course...the colts.

Davis is done for the year, unless you're talking about Hoover or Goings.

The Panthers won't win this weekend as the Giants will double or even triple Smith and try to neutralize their only real offensive threat. If the Super Bowl is Bears/Steelers I wouldn't even bother turning on the TV because that would be the least exciting run/can you stop the run championship game of all time. Shit, they should just hand the trophy to the team that completes the first 20 yard pass or punts 10 times in a half just to make it exciting :shifty:

saying smith is the only threat on offense is a joke. Like I said, Foster and Proehl are big guys too and of course a great QB in Delhomme. On the other hand the Giants have a QB still learning the reigns in his Sophmore season, a half decent running back (thats right I said it) and a few good receivers. I'll admit it that they have a pretty good offense with Burress catching most of the stuff that goes his way, but the Panthers D could shut down the Giants and Carolina has a few too many offensive targets as recievers and that great RB back there for the Giants defense to prove a real threat to them.

saying smith is the only threat on offense is a joke. Like I said, Foster and Proehl are big guys too and of course a great QB in Delhomme. On the other hand the Giants have a QB still learning the reigns in his Sophmore season, a half decent running back (thats right I said it) and a few good receivers. I'll admit it that they have a pretty good offense with Burress catching most of the stuff that goes his way, but the Panthers D could shut down the Giants and Carolina has a few too many offensive targets as recievers and that great RB back there for the Giants defense to prove a real threat to them.

Tiki: 357 carries, 1860 yards, 9 TDs (5.2 yards per carry, 116.2 yards per game)

Foster: 205 carries, 879 yards, 2 TDs (4.28 yards per carry, 58.6 yards per game (only played 15 games))

Davis: 180 carries, 549 yards, 12 TDs (3.05 yards per carry, 42.23 yards per game, ~1 TD per game)

Tiki isn't better than all of them combined, but he's in the ballpark. Foster is about even with the receiving capabilities, and keep in mind that Davis was primarily the up-the-gut power back coming in for short yardage and goal-line situations, killing his YPC and YPG averages.

I think this is one of the more interesting playoffs than we've seen in a while.

The thing is no one is a lock in my mind, and seemingly every team is strong in some ways and weak in some ways. There are no 98 Broncos or anyone like tha tthis year.

Indianpolis Colts

Really, how good are they? They were flirting with a perfect season until San Diego came along. Now with the Dungy tragedy, are they distracted or motivated? That's really a good question as there are several teams in the AFC...Jacksonville, New England and Denver more likely than not...that could upend Indy if they aren't focused. That defense is a little suspect too, just ask Cinncinati.

Denver Broncos

This is a very good team. You've got a guy in the QB position who's been in the playoffs before(although, not for a while) and makes very little mistakes(all those attempts without an INT). They've got a coach who's won it all before and overall a team with a 13-3 record. They are gonna be tough to beat and Indy should be worried about them.

Cinncinati Bengals

Ha, for the first time the home team may not be happy they are home. The Bengals beat the Steelers in Pittsburgh but lost to them in Cinncinati. It's not hard to see it happening again, but if they get by the Steelers, the team is too young and has a long way to go before upending Denver or Indianapolis in a playoff atmosphere.

New England Patriots

They've got a better shot than most give them credit for. They seemed to have it all figured out and won a good amount of games toward the end of the season. It's easy to knock Brady because no one will confuse him with Brett Farve or Peyton Manning but 3 rings and a 9-0 playoff record, including one in Pittsburgh last season, is as impressive as it can get. I wouldn't be shocked to see a 13-0 playoff record at the end of this.

Jacksonville Jaguars

That's the quietest 12-4 season ever. Honestly, I don't see them getting by the Patriots. Either quarterback, while good in their own ways will be overmatched by Belechieck's defense set up. If they do get by New England they are dangerous, as they had a good shot of being the team to knock off Indianapolis this season.

Pittsburgh Steelers

Big Ben knows how close he was last season..that'll matter here. They've got one of the best coaches in football...that'll matter. While not as glamorous as last season the Steelers are another team with a real good shot of getting to the big game, but probably won't get by round 2.

Seattle Seahawks

Everyone screams Colts for the big game but this is the team to beat. Seattle is primed for the Super Bowl. The have the best rusher in the game, a coach who's won it before and a young hungry QB who already paid his dues in the playoffs. But they aren't unbeatable. Some suspect games during the season, noticably the luck win against Dallas.

Chicago Bears

Talk about teams in weak divisions. The Bears are good but they are not the 2000 Ravens. They aren't close. They are a team with an excellent defense and that's it. And they'll need a lot of help to win their playoff game in Chicago. I think the Giants and Bucs could beat them with a score of like 10-3. Panthers are a little less than even money against them and Washington is on fire. This is going to look like the 2001(i could be off with that year though) Bears.

Tampa Bay Bucs

Honestly, if the Bears are 80/20 defense/offense, the Bucs are 70/30..and Chris Simms isn't gonna get the job done in the playoffs. Good thing about them is that they seem to play the same level as their opponent..evident against the Jets and 49ers..but everyone is at least good in the playoffs. Coach has won it before too..

New York Giants

I'm from the NYC area. And I can easily say GO GIANTS!! YAY!!! and I will..but let me explain something first. I'm a Jet fan and hate the Giants. I always root for them to lose and laugh out loud at the special teams mess against the 49ers years back. I will root for them to lose this season too.

They could though, be the best team in the NFC if not the league. They've got what I see as a top 5 defense and a good enough offense(although, Eli Manning is the definition of overrated). Special teams are a horror(see Giants vs. Vikings this season) and if anything kills the Giants that will be it. They won big games over Dallas, Washington and Denver during the regular season. They really are good.

Carolina Panthers

And I don't think Carolina really stands a good chance against New York either. The Panthers struggled with Chicago and the Giants are Chicago with an offense. Then again..I said that in 03 too, and the Panthers went to the Super Bowl....

Washington Redskins

Is coaching really important in football or what? Gibbs has Washington in the playoffs for the first time since 99. And they face a team they lost to by a mere point in the regular season. Brunell is strong, Moss is on fire and Clinton Portis can't be stopped. Washington is a dangerous team.