NFL Playoffs

Cactus Drags

But the whole Superbowl in the snow thing wouldn't be fair to some teams IMO since some teams have never played in it and the other team may have done it tens of times. So I guess thats the only reason they have it in those types of stadiums because some teams really can't play in the snow and they want both teams to be up to their full potential.

Isn't it more to do with presentation and not wanting a freak blizzard or something forcing them to cancel? And the halftime show would get all soggy in the snow, and we know that's the only reason the rest of the world tunes in, right?

First off, football cancels for nothing.

Second off, screw the rest of the world. This is our sport, not theirs. My aunt once watched the Super Bowl and said, "So did they get a first down?" when they punted the ball.

I think the only thing a football game would be stopped for is a thunderstorm. Bitter cold, rain, snow, hail, fog etc are just game conditions.

A few years ago in a Chiefs/Seahawks game, the NFL had to take a rain delay thanks to a storm pouring buckets of rain down to the point that the field was literally flooded. So it can also be for rain...I'm not sure if there was thunder, but the rain delay was only in this instance.

Isn't it more to do with presentation and not wanting a freak blizzard or something forcing them to cancel? And the halftime show would get all soggy in the snow, and we know that's the only reason the rest of the world tunes in, right?

Second off, screw the rest of the world. This is our sport, not theirs. My aunt once watched the Super Bowl and said, "So did they get a first down?" when they punted the ball.

• Like 1

No.

As I was saying, it's because the blokes who can get Super Bowl tickets are casual football fans or executives/celebrities that don't really care either way except the fact the Super Bowl is a major event in American culture.

Because it's being catered to them and secondly the diehard football fan, that's why it's in warmer climates and domes. Although with Detroit, I wonder who took some bribes and how much - who'd want to go to Detroit, much less in February?

No.

As I was saying, it's because the blokes who can get Super Bowl tickets are casual football fans or executives/celebrities that don't really care either way except the fact the Super Bowl is a major event in American culture.

Because it's being catered to them and secondly the diehard football fan, that's why it's in warmer climates and domes. Although with Detroit, I wonder who took some bribes and how much - who'd want to go to Detroit, much less in February?

The Skins totally fucked up the Giants provided that they get by the Panthers tomorrow. I was confident we could beat the 'Hawks in Seattle, but I think Eli's toast against the Bears 'D'. Since the NFC is basically screwed up for me, I'm hoping Pissburgh somehow knocks off both Cincy & Indy just to do the J-O-B again to the Pats, who I'd favor over the Bronocs even in Denver.

And then people wonder why people complain at America so much, people actually like your sport and you all complain still. I was up at 4am in the morning watching football the other week.

No, I'm fine with you following the sport if you have an interest in the sport. Learning it or otherwise. I have a problem with people, who are mainly Americans anyway, who follow it solely because it's a major part of our culture and are there just for the social aspect. They take a seat away from the real fans.

Man, fuck you. Stupid cunt.

And those tellin' Ace to shut up, take your own advice. If he felt his team played badly, he has EVERY right to be upset. Win or lose.

• Like 1

Man, fuck you. Stupid cunt.

And those tellin' Ace to shut up, take your own advice. If he felt his team played badly, he has EVERY right to be upset. Win or lose.

Did you read my second post? I worded the post poorly, I was saying that I'm tired of people taking seats at football games who are there for the social reasons and not the game itself.

It's nice to see my team is trying to take the Jaguars title for "worst playoff effort of 2006". There's no such thing as playing badly in a playoff win. I guarantee every team that loses, would GLADLY play like shit and advance than they would like to play the game of their life and lose.

It's nice to see my team is trying to take the Jaguars title for "worst playoff effort of 2006". There's no such thing as playing badly in a playoff win. I guarantee every team that loses, would GLADLY play like shit and advance than they would like to play the game of their life and lose.