NFL Playoffs

Cactus Drags

Guest Chaos Theory

Indianapolis Colts vs. Tampa Bay Buccaneers.

Why, Because me and Coach Ditka Said So. Also we seem to always rise to the occasion when the media fails to talk about us.

You always here about the Colts, Patriots, Chargers, Bengals and alot of other teams while Tampa is always overlooked.

NUMBER 2 FUCKING DEFENSE IN THE LEAGUE!

New England can eat a giant dick the fuck off. Ok, that was a bit much. Seriously though, I'm so sick of the goddamn Pats. Sure, their dynasty is quite the big deal and yeah they deserve all the praise in the World for that. I'll give them credit for their accomplishments. But sweet Jesus, the last team I want to see in the Super Bowl is New England. Take two, three, maybe four years off, then maybe I'll be ready to stomach another Pats' Super Bowl game.

I don't know why, but every year the Colts get better, and every year it makes me want to see Peyton and the gang get ousted as soon as possible even more. Peyton's a great guy, phenomenal QB, hall of famer in the making, but as it stands, I would not care one bit if he became the Dan Marino of this era and finished his career without a ring. Unfortunately, the Colts are fucking stacked and have the tools to win the Super Bowl. Great, that's all we need. Indy to win the Super Bowl and have even MORE fucking randoms who watch a handful of games or less all year jump on the bandwagon and pronounce Indy as their favorite team.

I'm so conflicted with the Giants. On one hand, Plaxico Burress is my favorite, well second to Hines Ward now, WR in the league, but the fact that he plays on such a vile, disgusting, vomit inducing team such as NYG makes me want to cry. Bah, fuck the Giants, I hope Carolina fucking dismantles them and Jeremy Shockey gets hit by a blimp or something. Man, Plaxico... out of all the teams in the NFL you HAD to go to the Giants. The only team worse would've been the Jets.

But, being a longtime Steelers fan, the one game I care about more than any other is Cinci vs. Pittsburgh. It's the third time these two teams meet this in 05/06, with this not only being the wildcard game, but a rubber match. Last time they met, Pittsburgh pretty much embarrassed themselves. So let's not talk about that. This time, I think my team will beat Cinci. And yes, I have reasons to think so.

Pittsburgh are coming in with a full head of steam with 4 wins under their belt, snapping two team's hot streaks, while the Bengals dropped their last two, giving up an average of 30 points per game in their last 7. The momentum edge clearly goes to Pittsburgh.

While Cinci offense may be better than Pittsburgh's, the Steelers still have a strong, stifiling defense that can match-up against Cinci's offense. On the flipside, Cinci's defense, which has allowed 350 points against this season, matches up poorly against Pittsburgh offense, which can be dangerous when running on all cylinders. If the Bengal's defense that finished season show up, Pittsburgh's offense will have a field day.

Also, I know I'm on Big Ben's dick a lot, I have a perverse love for him, but last year he was poor in the playoffs. Didn't look as smooth or confident as he did in the regular season. It's different now. He's just as smooth and confident as he was last regular season, as well as more polished, and he now knows what to expect from the post season. I'm not saying he'll be MVP material out there, but he won't be as shaky as he was last year.

The final factor is playoff experience, which this Steeler team has a hell of a lot more of compared to the Bengals who haven't even touched the post season since 1990. All big name role players for Pittsburgh have experienced the playoffs, not to mention Bill Cowher who has it coming out the wazoo. Experience. Something that Cinci's most powerful weapons don't have.

Edited by Enter Blue Guy 27

saying smith is the only threat on offense is a joke. Like I said, Foster and Proehl are big guys too and of course a great QB in Delhomme. On the other hand the Giants have a QB still learning the reigns in his Sophmore season, a half decent running back (thats right I said it) and a few good receivers. I'll admit it that they have a pretty good offense with Burress catching most of the stuff that goes his way, but the Panthers D could shut down the Giants and Carolina has a few too many offensive targets as recievers and that great RB back there for the Giants defense to prove a real threat to them.

Tiki Barber a half-decent RB? :lmao:

Barber is better than all the carolina RB's combined.

Edited by naiwf27

I really don't give a shit who wins, or who loses, but if I had to choose I'd like to see the Colts vs. the Seahawks. Basically, I want to see the two best teams from each conference fighting for the championship gold.

I respect Peyton Manning, and love his style as a QB, so I'd like to see him add a ring to his growing resume. As far as the Seahawks go, I root for teams that have been underdogs historically, so it'd be nice to see them hit the Super Bowl this year. As long as the Bears get knocked out immediately I'll be happy as I fucking loath the Chicago Bears. Just so you Chicago fans don't feel bad, know that I hate the Vikings and Packers as much as I hate the Bears, it's a Lions fan thing ya know?

Why all the Simms hate?

Everyone seems to think hes the same as he was in college. Hes done a hell of a job after the first Panthers game, improving his decision making a lot and showing a lot of poise.

Hes been a beast in the clutch too. Leadin 3 come back drives late, would be 4 if a 29 yard field goal kick was made gainst the Bears.

Indianapolis Colts vs. Tampa Bay Buccaneers.

Why, Because me and Coach Ditka Said So. Also we seem to always rise to the occasion when the media fails to talk about us.

You always here about the Colts, Patriots, Chargers, Bengals and alot of other teams while Tampa is always overlooked.

NUMBER 2 FUCKING DEFENSE IN THE LEAGUE!

If the Super Bowl is Bears/Steelers I wouldn't even bother turning on the TV because that would be the least exciting run/can you stop the run championship game of all time. Shit, they should just hand the trophy to the team that completes the first 20 yard pass or punts 10 times in a half just to make it exciting :shifty:

Edited by Dragsy Twenty Seven

Guest Takayamanofear

I will take the Bears Vs. The Patriots, Bungles, Steelers, Jaguars or Broncos

Then again I just don’t want to see any teams from the NFC South in the Super bowl. I can never get excited when the Panthers or the Bucs are in the super bowl. I loath the Colts so that is why I don’t want them in the super bowl.

Yeah Ptt, Chi would be great in Winter. If it was not played in a dome.

Edited by Takayamanofear

I actually hate the concept of the Super Bowl having to be indoors or in a warm climate. I want it in Lambeau one year or in Foxboro.

That would be pretty sweet. Green Bay might be too small to host one though.

Throw a Superbowl in the Meadowlands, the fans wouldn't care. And with it being New York metro, do I need to say more?

I actually hate the concept of the Super Bowl having to be indoors or in a warm climate. I want it in Lambeau one year or in Foxboro.

That would be pretty sweet. Green Bay might be too small to host one though.

Throw a Superbowl in the Meadowlands, the fans wouldn't care. And with it being New York metro, do I need to say more?

I'm almost certain that Tagilabue is going to get on his hands and knees to beg the city of New York to give the Jets a stadium with a retractable roof or a dome for that exact reason.

Though, really, the real football fans could care less about weather. We need to purge the people there for the social aspect as far as I'm concerned.

I hate the fact, like you guys have said, that they always have to have an indoor stadium or a place where it's supposed to be sunny. The playoffs are played in cold and unforgiving weather, so it's rather stupid to have the Superbowl the only exception to the season. That's what the Pro Bowl is for anyways, playing in nice conditions in a nice climate.

My NFC pick is obvious as I'm going for the Seahawks, and I expect the Bears to really test the Hawks top notch offense. On the AFC side I would like to see the Steelers, Colts, or Pats make it, and I would hope that the Hawks wouldn't let them totally dominate the game. Alexander, the NFL MVP, should keep the Hawks close in the game if they make it to the Superbowl.

Yeah. But let's face it. The people that get tickets to the Super Bowl are not you and me. They are not die hard fans. It's usually corporate schmucks, employees of major companies and high paying NFL sponsors, whoever is involved with favours for the league. Then celebrities and other social elite bastards. Season ticket holders get some, but not a lot. It's unfortunate that diehard football fans get few opportunites to go to the Super Bowl.

Although I do remember one time about four years ago, the principal of my high school dropped by my English class. He was waiving his pair of tickets to Super Bowl 36 about five feet from me. That was kinda cool.

Edited by Lowerdeck

Yeah. But let's face it. The people that get tickets to the Super Bowl are not you and me. They are not die hard fans. It's usually corporate schmucks, employees of major companies and high paying NFL sponsors, whoever is involved with favours for the league. Then celebrities and other social elite bastards. Season ticket holders get some, but not a lot. It's unfortunate that diehard football fans get few opportunites to go to the Super Bowl.

Although I do remember one time about four years ago, the principal of my high school dropped by my English class. He was waiving his pair of tickets to Super Bowl 36 about five feet from me. That was kinda cool.