MVP NCAA 06

oldskool

Yep, I've been following this at an EA Fan Board I attend.

It's not going to be the full price that MVP used to be, I heard 29.99 american.

It's going to be a fucking sweet game, the first game with ESPN Integration, live updates of the real sports world, it's going to be amazing!

The game was kind of a backburner for me since I thought it wasn't being released until the middle of march. I just checked in on it and the game actully comes out in about two weeks, the 18th of January. I read the preview and it looks great. I'm a hardcore fan of the last few games in the series and even with the loss of the MLB license I think this game is going to be fantastic.

Meh, it looks just like MVP 2005 with college teams and aluminum bats. Although MVP was really good the past two years, I can't justify paying any money for this game unless someone was a big college baseball fan. The ESPN integration looks like it's mostly so you can update scores or whatever, but you can do that while listening to the radio or whatever. I also wonder how that affects the gameplay rate.

At least you got me interested in seeing if MLB 2k6 will be any good at all. It better be if they felt the need to grab the exclusive rights...

Meh, it looks just like MVP 2005 with college teams and aluminum bats. Although MVP was really good the past two years, I can't justify paying any money for this game unless someone was a big college baseball fan. The ESPN integration looks like it's mostly so you can update scores or whatever, but you can do that while listening to the radio or whatever. I also wonder how that affects the gameplay rate.

At least you got me interested in seeing if MLB 2k6 will be any good at all. It better be if they felt the need to grab the exclusive rights...

I'm personally banning myself from all of the 2k games. I got NFL, NHL and MLB and all three had the stupid-ass franchise-erasing glitch that was allegedly "rare". I hit it three games in a row, three different sports, three different months in three different stores. Maybe EA is monopolizing the sports industry, but at least their games don't have glitches, at least their games don't erase my work or make it worthless and then just tell me it's a "rare instance" like the 2k Sports people did.

I'm personally banning myself from all of the 2k games. I got NFL, NHL and MLB and all three had the stupid-ass franchise-erasing glitch that was allegedly "rare". I hit it three games in a row, three different sports, three different months in three different stores. Maybe EA is monopolizing the sports industry, but at least their games don't have glitches, at least their games don't erase my work or make it worthless and then just tell me it's a "rare instance" like the 2k Sports people did.

Well, the guy that did the franchise diary thing thought the fielding thing was done well and he said he loved it and won't be able to go back to the one button press to throw anymore.

I gotta get ordering this game, 29.99 american, only 52 here total :D

I just got the game tonight and I love it. I'm doing a franchise and the recruiting is fairly easy but still really fun. It gives you these challenges to help improve your coaching and near the end if you pick up a win in a series against an important team (the e-mail tells you which one) then you have that recruit on your team. The new hitting is hard to get used to at first but once you've got the hang of it it is incredibly fun. I look forward to offense just because of it, it would be really hard to go back to the one button scheme. Same for the fielding. It is tedious at first and you'll make a few errors every once in awhile, but it really adds realism to it since every single throw isn't going to be precise. Overall I love this game and its one of the better ones I've seen from EA.

Thats the only way to get any NCAA game Vice, I think it's the same with AFL.

I've ordered them all since 03 or so, it's a great deal if you get them from EBgames, fast shipping and it doesn't cost much, about as much as a game would here.