Jack Thompson's still a douche

MalaCloudy Black

Good to know. (Y)

I have a friend who frequents a few GameFAQs boards and one of his friends committed suicide. This is the letter my friend got;

Your "gamer friend" will find peace through the Lord, Jesus Christ, but sadly it's too late for that.

There is a void in every heart. You can fill it up with the things of God, or the things not of God. This unfortunate soul chose to fill it up with combat games. The playing of these video games is masturbatory activity, meaning senseless self-stimulation. If you gamers could use a dictionary you would know that that term is not necessarily a sexual one.

The real tragedy here extends beyond the life and death of this one fellow. There are literally millions of young people and young adults whose despair is deepend by turning to the things of this world and then finding them meaningless.

All of you gamers need to put down the controllers and get a life. The utter inanity of the vast majority of postings here shows how vapid "gaming" really is.

You are one of the cheerleaders for this wasting of time and the wasting of lives. Do you feel any remorse for having contributed to this "culture of death?" Of course not. Hey, let's all play MORE games, and ignore all the really productive things to do with our lives.

Let's pretend to be shocked that a gamer might descend into deeper depression, as his gamer "buds," knowing he was killing himself, couldn't figure out how to call 911 themselves for him. That would have involved leaving their computers I guess.

Sad. Sad for all of you."

I can't say for certain that it's authentic, but I've got no reason to doubt my friend. He's not really the kind of person to make something like that up.

I can't see it being real. I know Jack Thompson is a cunt of a person, but what he'd basically be doing here is spitting on the grave of some kid who just committed suicide. He's a mindless twat who'd go to outrageous lengths to prove his poorly-justified point, but I don't think he'd go that far.

At least, I hope he wouldn't.

Thompson always seemed a bit strange with e-mails and computers in general, most of the correspondance he gets or replies to, thats been posted on the internet have him basically just shouting at the other party. The idea that the guy who got pissed off because someone replied to an e-mail he forgot that he sent in the first place, sending this e-mail to someone who's in mourning just seems a bit far-fetched. I guess I just don't buy he'd be that insensitive :\

Who the fuck is Jack Thompson, and why should I care?

And why does he have the address of a dead boy's gaming friend?

And why does he refer to masturbation, and then say it's in a non-sexual manner, when infact, the word 'masturbation' purely refers to arousing one's self sexually.

And he can't spell deepened. Unless he's the referring to the deep-end of a swimming pool.

And if his 'gamer buds' are online players, how the fuck are they supposed to phone 911? Will they direct them to IP Address such and such?

This looks very, very, very fake.

From memory, didn't someone once post something of his that basically ripped on gaming, and pretty much blamed all the worlds problems, mostly crime and anti-social youths etc, on video games?

Not that I know a lot about the guy, but would anyone really be that much of a prick to send someone something like that?

Edited by timmayy mars

I thought we were bored of Jack Thompson by now and had realised that even talking about him made him think people have a shit? Seriously, who cares? He obviously has some deep emotional issues rooted in his mother being raped by a Commodore 64, let him be and he'll be forgotten faster than Devil May Cry 2.

Educate me.

I believe he was born with a massive stick in his anus though, right?

Jack Thompson is an American lawyer who decided that youth crime today is caused almost soley by video games. He's among the ridiculous group who believe that sniper are trained on Timesplitters, that TheSims is a tool used for planning paedophilia and that GTA makes people murder. He's got a reputation for blaming video games for whatever he can in court, and has had run ins with a lot of internet gamers in the past.

He tried to get someone arrested for making an emoticon that bares a vague resemblance to himself being murdered. He's a cock. And I don't think he actually wrote that.

I thought we were bored of Jack Thompson by now and had realised that even talking about him made him think people have a shit? Seriously, who cares? He obviously has some deep emotional issues rooted in his mother being raped by a Commodore 64, let him be and he'll be forgotten faster than Devil May Cry 2.

He was raped by GTA: Pong, damnit :shifty:

But he was born with a massive stick up his arse, yes?

On-site witnesses report that the stick was unbelievably large.

I had forgotten about him till Cloudy made this thread. Come on, don't be a buzzkill, it's always fun to point and laugh at the retard once in a while.