OMG FOZZY R GUD LIKE

ravenjuice

• Replies 47
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

You saw me? :o

Yeah, there were a few guys that just kept constantly crowd surfing.

Well, I think I saw you. I have an image in my head of someone with a really scary mohawk.

It wasnt scary. It was blonde. I think I was the only person there with one.

That's what I said; blonde. :shifty:

I do remember someone with a mohawk, so it must've been you.

What do you guys think of the two bands that were on first? I thought they were both pretty good actually. The second one (Forever Never?) were better though I thought.

Forever never were good. Nineteenth century were not.

They were alright. Not terrible, but they were bland I guess. I laughed when people were booing them Saturday. They were doing the "get your hands in the air" sorta thing, and about two people did, so I did it as well out of pity, but then put mine down after everyone else had.

Edited by The Monkey Molester 27

• 2 weeks later...

Mean Fiddler, 4th Feb 2006

I'm sure that there are many of you out there who have no idea who Fozzy are, and this was the situation I was in a few weeks back so I did an internet search on them and surprisingly found nothing about Jim Henson's muppets. Instead I got the lowdown on a metal band who had previously covered classics by Judas Priest, W.A.S.P and the mighty Sabbath.

Strangely enough I also found a few comparisons to the Arctic Monkeys, which worried me at first, until it became clear that the Fozzy fanatics are predominantly internet led with the band encouraging them to "Spread The Fozzpel" (along the lines of that Sheffield based foursome who can do no wrong). A quick visit to their website (www.fozzyrock.com) and their myspace profile (www.myspace.com/fozzytour) and I pretty much knew all there was to know about the band and had a few tracks to hand as well.

The gig itself was unlike any other that I have attended – and I mean that in the best of ways. The Mean Fiddler is one of my favourite venues in London and I have seen many a good band there just before they've hit the big time. I was impressed by both support bands: Nineteenth Century (www.nineteenthcentury.co.uk) and Forever Never (www.forevernever.com) who suitably warmed up the crowd.

Of course Fozzy was the main reason that everybody was in attendance and the band did not disappoint. Lead singer Chris Jericho bounded onto stage and blasted out the opening tracks without pausing for breath. He owned the stage and the fans lapped up every note and every jump from the energetic front man. Then came the interesting bit - he started to talk. And not the usual "This is the next song" and "It's great to be here" but snippets of comic genius between himself and guitarist Rich Ward were interspersed between every few songs. Damn funny it was too!

The set lasted just over ninety minutes, although the band could easily have played for twice as long and the crowd's energy would not have dipped. Time was found for an impressive guitar solo from Mike Martin and an encore whereby Fozzy didn't see the point of leaving the stage as they didn't want to miss everyone chanting their name.

Gig of the year? Quite possibly... well, unless they decide to come back over here and play a bigger venue, because in my opinion it's only a matter of time before they hit the big time and I'm proud to say that I saw them before they were famous.

Oh yeah, I nearly forgot... SPREAD THE FOZZPEL!!

[KT]

http://rockmatrix.co.uk/reviews/?show_full_review=5737