Gaming Bargains

AintIGreat

What game have you ever bought which you have considered to be an absolute steal?

A while ago I got Internation Track and Field for PS2 brand new for £4.99 from Game. Considering I couldn't find it anywhere for about 3 years apart from Ebay I thought it was a quality purchase. Not a bad little game either, especially if you have a multi-tap. I got rid of it over a year ago for a cool £20!

I recently purchased God of War off Gameplay for £12.99 and it's just absolutely awesome. Tekken 5 is on the way now for the same price.

Oh yeah and I won't forget about EWR, £0.00 is quite a good deal I reckon.

Edited by AintIGreat

MGS3 and Getaway: Black Monday for £22 in Currys.

Both were £40 seperately, but both had 2 for £22 stickers on them. With £25 in my back pocket, I switched on my boyish charm and went to the till with them both. It came up with £79.98 on the till, but I said about the stickers on them both. After some considering, the lovely lady decided that the stickers must have been gospel truth, and so I saved myself around £60.

Other than that, Oddworld: Abe's Oddyssey on eBay for £8 is what I consider to be a great purchase. Fantastic game, worth every penny.

However, saying that, I still haven't played either MGS3 or Getaway: Black Monday due to the fact I still haven't completed their predecessors and refuse to even open the packaging before I do so.

X Box 360 with NFS:MW, Tony Hawk's American Wasteland, Call of Duty 2, Kameo, Perfect Dark Zero and No Mercy for the N64.

All for free.

How'd you manage that. Unless of course you got one of the fucked up 360's.

360's fine and dandy, works brilliantly. A friend of mine scored lucky on the lottery and spent a load of it on 3 Xbox 360s. He gave me one and some games as an early birthday present and I found out my neighbour was giving his N64 away a good while ago and asked if I could have his No Mercy, lo and behold, I got it for free.

MGS3 and Getaway: Black Monday for £22 in Currys.

Both were £40 seperately, but both had 2 for £22 stickers on them. With £25 in my back pocket, I switched on my boyish charm and went to the till with them both. It came up with £79.98 on the till, but I said about the stickers on them both. After some considering, the lovely lady decided that the stickers must have been gospel truth, and so I saved myself around £60.

Other than that, Oddworld: Abe's Oddyssey on eBay for £8 is what I consider to be a great purchase. Fantastic game, worth every penny.

However, saying that, I still haven't played either MGS3 or Getaway: Black Monday due to the fact I still haven't completed their predecessors and refuse to even open the packaging before I do so.

Atari Anniversary Edition, £9.99, Come on.. these 80's classics are so replayable that they are priceless. And i've got 12 of the beauties! (which dont require the CD so thats an added bonus!) I've fallen in lover all over again with Pong, Super Breakout and Millipede.

Got Resident Evil 4, Ricky Ponting International Cricket 2005, and The Warriors for $30 each.

Got Forgotten Realms: Demon Stone for $12

All through a friend who has a mate who works at a games store.