Silent Hill

Pepsi

The trailer doesn't work for me...is it just the same trailer that is on the Sony site? If so, it looked okay. But I can never judge a film by a trailer anyway. Never played the games either, so I guess I can't judge all that well.

But "THE JANITOR!"? What a shit name.

• Replies 80
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I don't like how the woman is the lead. I don't like how in Hollywood, it's always a woman in this kind of role. The game was awesome because you were shit scared, as a man, trying to fight this scary fucking shit off.

I think that the woman is the lead for the first part of the film but then the focus shifts to Sean Bean's character as he tries to find both his wife and daughter.

I don't like how the woman is the lead. I don't like how in Hollywood, it's always a woman in this kind of role. The game was awesome because you were shit scared, as a man, trying to fight this scary fucking shit off.

Edited by Pepsi

There's no political correctness, but they changed the gender of the lead, because the man wasn't being a a stereotypical hollywood hero? So they had to make the weak, scared, role that of a woman?

Right. That's a joke.

Edited by Pepsi

I think the movie actually looks quite cool. Good atmosphere. Strong cast (Sean Bean and the Rhada Mitchell). Definately gonna have a bigger budget than the Resident Evil stuff. At the end of the day, its gonna be a stand alone film series independent of the games so doesnt neccesarily have to follow you know?

If you want a film to moan at..try Alone in the Dark..

Guest muddatrucker

You do seem to get very defensive about people thinking differently. I mean The Janitor is a shitname, its not hostility its the fact that the Janitor is a crappy name.

If I was to see a monster and christen it a name, It'd probably be something cool, not a type of cleaner who lives in a closet.

I just think posting something vaguely related isn't at all going to help the arguement. First, you showed that they changed the gender because the man wasn't maculine, then that it's not the same anyway, so it doens't matter.

Obviously it matters, judging by the reason they changed it.

You do seem to get very defensive about people thinking differently. I mean The Janitor is a shitname, its not hostility its the fact that the Janitor is a crappy name.

If I was to see a monster and christen it a name, It'd probably be something cool, not a type of cleaner who lives in a closet.

Guest Professor Kou

Just a little fun from when they shot here in Brantford, Downtown Brantford is so shitty that people from movie sites took pictures of downtown Brantford taking it as sets for the movie when it was in fact untouched parts of the downtown.

Now that's good crappy downtown for you (Y)