Silent Hill

Pepsi

I don't feel the need to touch on the things that made that movie great because pretty much everyone has said it.

The only major flaw the movie had, for me, was the dialogue. Other than that crap the movie was an enjoyable experience and everything I'd hoped it would be.

Yeah, the dialogue was a bit dodgy, but then, it's a fair adaptation of the game :P

The other thing I didn't like was the really contorted logic of Rose's actions. "I found a piece of a hotel ticket in a corpse's mouth. My daughter must be there!"...how do you work that one out?

• Replies 80
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I don't feel the need to touch on the things that made that movie great because pretty much everyone has said it.

The only major flaw the movie had, for me, was the dialogue. Other than that crap the movie was an enjoyable experience and everything I'd hoped it would be.

Yeah, the dialogue was a bit dodgy, but then, it's a fair adaptation of the game :P

The other thing I didn't like was the really contorted logic of Rose's actions. "I found a piece of a hotel ticket in a corpse's mouth. My daughter must be there!"...how do you work that one out?

• 4 months later...

I never played the silent hill game(s) and just watched the movie.

I seriously can't piece it together. I get the darkness (sorta), I get the churchy shit but what, are they dead at the end?

Or is he dead?

Explain.

Edited by Krazy_K

I think it's meant to be that Sean Bean's character is still in the real world, whereas the lead character, whilst getting home, is still in the hell-like world and, thus, can't be with her husband. Or something like that.

The little girl is now the demony thing from the hospital bed. There're supposed to be three worlds, if you want to look at it like that. The normal world that Sean Bean is in, the Silent Hill world where everything is foggy, and the hellish world where people DIE. Even though the woman escaped Silent Hill, she brought the demony thing back with her, so she's still stuck in that intermediary world.

Apparently.

Just play the games, better story and makes a hell of a lot more sense.

Agreed.

I had the exact same argument with a friend of mine the other day. The games are just so much better than the film, especially the first game.

Guest Koupa Troopa

It has Brantford in it, so the movie gets points on that. :P

Other then that the story is subpar compared to the Silent Hill games and PYRAMID HEAD IS ONlY FUCKING IN IT FOR LIKE 2 SECONDS WHAT THE FUCK YOU GODDAMN SON OF A BITCH WRITER ROGER AVERY I WILL COME TO YOUR HOUSE AND SHOVE A BOTTLE OF VINEGAR UP YOUR ASS FOLLOWED BY BAKING SODA AND YOU'LL BE ALL "This is alright" UNTIL THE TNT TRUCK HITS YOU.

What I gather is this... there are the three worlds. Life, Purgatory and Hell. Sean Bean's character is in the real world, because he's still alive, hence why when they searched through the town they found absolutely nothing.

The mother, her daughter and the cop died in their respective accidents, and were thus sent to purgatory.

The hell world can enter the purgatory world through the nightmares of the original child, who was burnt horribly before, and probably died shortly thereafter, thus allowing the deal with the devil to be made.

SO, the original child needed the mother and her child to bring her to those who wronged her originally, as in their beliefs, they have found a shield to keep her away whilst in this purgatory.

The mother and her child aren't supposed to go to Hell, but because Silent Hill seemingly has no path to Heaven, they are forever stuck in Purgatory.

And I'm probably wrong.

Personally, I'd rank Silent Hill in the top 10 video game to movie adaptations. I only played Silent Hill 3, but I felt the movie didn't do anything to ruin the franchise of Silent Hill.

And I kinda like the confusig ending. It's endings like those that you remember for a long time.

I actually loved the movie, and I'm a Silent Hill fan... I've never played the first game because I only recently managed to get a PS2, but I played 2, 3, and 4. I saw the movie the other day and I loved it. I think it's one of the best video-game - movie adaptations out there. They even used the games' soundtracks, which really surprised and pleased me.