Games that you counted down the hours until...

Although I do buy and play quite a few, now that you mention it I can only think of three times I've actually looked forward to a computer game in the "I can't wait until Day X" sense.

World of Warcraft (I was outside GAME half an hour before they opened. I would've considered this quite sad, were it not for the fact that I was about nineth in the queue).

Dawn of War (not quite as extreme as WoW, but it's one of the few games I genuinely did buy "the day it came out").

Pro Evo 4 (also a "day it came out" dealio).

I tend to wait a few months, and then pick it up if I still really want it.

I'd definitly say Wrestlemania 2000. I loved WCW/NWO Revenge and other games of that breed, so when I read WWE was making a game using the same liscence I was in heaven. I counted down the days for like two months and got it right when ti was delivered to the store. Same thing with No Mercy.

I remember finally getting Donkey Kong Country for SNES and feeling like my life was complete. Man, I remember my friend's parents were on vacation for a week so he stayed with us and we stayed up real late playing it every night. Good times.

Wrestlemania 2000, I got that for Christmas years ago. Man. That was great. No Mercy was a shitload better, but I hardly looked forward to it as much as Wrestlemania 2000.

Legend of Zelda: Ocarina of Time I got the day it came out... A few people at school did as well. It was grade 7. I remember the day after everybody was like "did you beat the Deku Tree yet?" and I was like "bitch please, it was easy". I remember people having no clue how to beat Ganondorf at first. I don't give a fuck how overrated people think Ocarina of Time was, I had a blast playing it.

The last game I waited for game to come out and got it on the release date (or IIRC it was actually the day after) was GTA:SA. I preordered it at EB a good while in advance, I picked up my resevered copy and played it all the rest of that week and the next week, which happened to be break week before midterms... thankfully my midterms were weeks before that. Man. The first month I had that game I was inside playing it so much I was sick quite a bit. It was fun, but hell at the same time. I had never been so addicted to a game since Duke Nukem 3D.

Oh, and I waited like a bitch for NHL 2000. Man, what a great game. My favorite hockey game to this day.

Edited by Enter Blue Guy 27