Games that you counted down the hours until...

I remember when Theme Park came out. My friend got the demo on his PC and told me how great it was.

That was around the October of that year.

My birthday being 16th December I'd asked my parents for it for either birthday or Christmas....They got it for me at Christmas.

Played it all day on my Amiga.

Played it all week.

All month.

Loved that game.

Great theme, great character, great gameplay.

Though the first time I played my guy commited suicide after we went bankrupt! Apart from that though, amazing!

Other game was Gran Turismo. I was allowed to get it as soon as it came out through the post.

I was also told I couldn't play it until I'd completed my exams (A levels if it came out in '99 or GCSEs if out in '97)

That meant a month of owning a game and not being able to play it.

I yearned it.

YEARRRRRRRRRRNED.

Then played it.

And adored it.

Half-Life 2, but that was mostly because of CS: Source. I enjoyed HL, but not nearly as much as I enjoyed Counter-Strike.

I can remember being really excited about the first SmackDown! games when I was younger as well, and most recently it's been Call of Duty 2. At the moment though it's Crysis after seeing the preview in PC Zone, it looks fantastic.

Gran Turismo 4 is one in recent memory and also most Grey Dog Software Sports Games that aren't wrestling so Total College Basketball which just came out and is amazing.

For the future though I am eagerly awaiting Field Commander and Final Fantasy VII: Crisis Core for PSP. And then I guess the PS3 and MGS4.

Edited by CKN

Mortal Kombat II for the SNES. I was in the fifth grade and it came out on a Friday, and I remember waiting for months and then when that last week came it took forever. Finally that Friday came along and I ran into my house and played that entire weekend.

No Mercy for N64. I was a Junior I do believe, and I actually faked being sick so I could go home and play it the day it came out. I remember my Aunt was staying with us, and I gave her money that morning to go pick it up since I didn't have my license yet. I was sitting in my second class of the day and just couldn't take it anymore, so I just decided to go home to play it. Yes, that's how sad I was. Now I only do that when I get a new season of 24 on DVD...

MGS2, and to a lesser extent, 3, are the only ones I can remember. I forget half of the games I have, let alone which ones I anticipated >_>

Although I did the same thing as Zero when HCTP came out. I was in school the day it came out, near the end of term and it was a Friday. I had the money, so at lunch time I just went to buy it, and went home.

This thread brings up something I've been thinking about a lot lately, I just don't get excited about video games anymore. It's not that I don't play them, because I've logged tons of time in the new Smackdown game, but there hasn't been anything to get really excited about in the last couple years. Sure, there's been plenty of great games, but nothing that really consumes my life like Chrono Trigger, FFVI, MKII, MGS1, No Mercy, etc. Maybe I'm just getting older, or maybe games have lost their sparkle a bit.

Halo 2. I even had a countdown on my desktop. I've been playing it for well over a year now.

I looked forward to No Mercy a hell of a lot too, but I got a faulty one, so I had to return it and get a new one, so that took a bit of the fun out of it.

I had just bought No Mercy it was at home while I was in the Lab over at school which we all know means hiding on MSN behind the computer and looking up when frogs are getting chopped. so my sister came on and shes like "our 2 year old cousins really like your new game they are jumping around with it", I went Psycho waited till everyone left the lab punched open the window(explaining to mom was rather hard). Went out and jumped over the wall(I cant do it anymore now that I am older fuck McDonalds) and ran to my home first thing I did was Tackle my cousins before my mom saw the watch

I've waited for a shop to open to get a game once and that was for Metal Gear Solid.

Was the second person to get it (after my friend) and then had to rush straight to school afterwards.

I went into town from school to get Tomb Raider 3 which was a decent game actually and I also rushed across Birmingham last year to get GTA:SA the day it was released, at around 9:30am. The girl on the counter who was mid twenties like me looked at me knowingly as I stood, surrounded by fellow geeky types.

I believe I also got MGS 3 on release day too.

I waited agonisingly for a while for Way Of The Samurai 2 which I still enjoy and EVERY EVERY MGS has me frustratedly waiting for for MONTHS before their release.

Metal Gear Solid is definitely my 'most loved' series.

This thread brings up something I've been thinking about a lot lately, I just don't get excited about video games anymore. It's not that I don't play them, because I've logged tons of time in the new Smackdown game, but there hasn't been anything to get really excited about in the last couple years. Sure, there's been plenty of great games, but nothing that really consumes my life like Chrono Trigger, FFVI, MKII, MGS1, No Mercy, etc. Maybe I'm just getting older, or maybe games have lost their sparkle a bit.

I'd say the last case of that was GTA:SA. At least I know I was addicted. It had it's own forum here!

I remember my friend and I took turns renting Fifa 95 and played it to death. Couldn't get enough of it. Then when Christmas rolled round his parents bought him it, my parents bought me Fifa 96 ^_^ which had just come out. T'was the first one with the proper player names. It was awesome, my mate was so jealous.

Wrestlemania 2000 for the N64. I knew my mom bought it for me for Christmas, but I rented it like 4 or 5 times before anyways. Then, when my mom saw me going to rent it a 6th time, she broke down and let me open it up a week before Christmas.

I couldn`t wait for Fight Night: Round 2 to come out, and I am actually excited for Round 3, despite not owning a XBOX 360. Actually, I usually do that for most sports titles.