Rollercoaster Tycoon

Tarheels.

• Replies 41
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I got Rollercoaster Tycoon 2 free in a box of cereal like a month ago.

Wow how the prices of things change!

I got a free box of cereal when I bought Rollercoaster Tycoon 2!

Well I didn't, in fact I've never owned Railroad Tycoon but it would have been a good story :pervert:

The only download I found was download.com's 60 minute trial.

You could probably pick it up for next to nothing since it's been out for years now. Just look in your local games shops or on ebay.

When it first came out my friend and I took turns playing it for an hour each. I really racked up some wasted summer days that year. Although I am now awesome at the game.

My bro has RCT3, I hate all the 3D crap, it's too much like Theme Park World, which was rubbish.

meh, I broke down and got it at Wal-Mart for $10. Thats the original and both of the expansion packs so its not a bad deal at all. I haven't got to play it yet but once I get home I'll finally get to build an actual coaster. I tried on the demo but didn't have too much time cause it was only about 50 minutes long.

Only the Chris Sawyer ones are any good. Rollercoaster Tycoon and Transport Tycoon.

Then it spun out of control and Activision and plenty of other shit companies released rediculous amounts of tycoon games like Mall Tycoon, Ski Resort Tycoon. They're not a patch on the originals.

meh, not only rollercoasters. You can choose whether you start out with an empty lot to build on or if you want to take an established Park and build on that. You can develop new rides. In the beginning you have a wooden coaster and a mini steel coaster but you develop more as you go along. You have to basically meet the needs of all of your guests. You need to make food stands, drink stands, bathrooms, make the place clean. The coaster building is really fun though. Especially when you build it wrong and it goes crashing when it takes a turn too fast (Y)

I just made a kickass coaster in the iceberg place. It had an intensity rating of 12.9 and a nausia of 9. It had some underground tunnels and 2 loops. But then I realized I wasted too much money on it and couldn't get the footpaths out there. BTW, how do you make footpaths in the water.

yea, I just found out how. Unfortunatly I built a massive wooden coaster in a lake and nobody wants to ride it since it's too intense (15.75). I've only got 2 drops but they're fairly big too. So would you reccomend tearing it down or just re-doing it so it isn't as intense.

I'm gutted. Inspired by Misanthropes RT2 diary, I dug out the original game which I fucking loved back in the day, but it crashes everytime I try and load a saved game, rendering it near useless :crying:

Edited by timmayy mars

I'm gutted. Inspired by Misanthropes RT2 diary, I dug out the original game which I fucking loved back in the day, but it crashes everytime I try and load a saved game, rendering it near useless :crying:

I'm assuming you used some kind of cheat or trainer in the saved game? That always causes crashes if a save goes outside of the normal game's limitations. Just start a new one.

No, I don't think so. I've been getting the same thing as he's describing and I never used a cheat or a trainer.

On mine, if you just click on the Load Saved Game option the game crashes. Which is annoying, but it gives me an incentive to just stick with a park as opposed to doing it a bit, saving it, and going off and doing something else and forgetting about it :P

I doubt it, but I'll ask anyway:

Anyone know a way of accelerating game time at will? It sucks to have some four-year goal, and then reach it in half that time and have to just maintain the park the rest of the time. That's my only gripe with the RCT games, once you reach the goal that should be it, you've done it, now play the scenario as long as you want, not "Great, you reached the goal, now sit around and pretty much watch the park until Year 4 and hope nothing disasterous happens in late October of Year 3 and screws you up!".