Rollercoaster Tycoon

Tarheels.

• Replies 41
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm assuming you used some kind of cheat or trainer in the saved game? That always causes crashes if a save goes outside of the normal game's limitations. Just start a new one.

can anybody give me some help on how to make coasters less intense. I always have mine too intense and the pussies never want to ride it.

Intensity is determined largely on lateral G forces, so one thing you can do is try and keep the speed down around corners. If it's impossible to make it slower around one corner, make it a banked curve. Also, I generally only put in one loop (if any) and my intensity isn't too bad, so maybe keep the loops down to maybe two or three at most.

Also, keep in mind that even with a high intensity, if a coaster has a high excitement as well, people will still ride it.

I doubt it, but I'll ask anyway:

Anyone know a way of accelerating game time at will? It sucks to have some four-year goal, and then reach it in half that time and have to just maintain the park the rest of the time. That's my only gripe with the RCT games, once you reach the goal that should be it, you've done it, now play the scenario as long as you want, not "Great, you reached the goal, now sit around and pretty much watch the park until Year 4 and hope nothing disasterous happens in late October of Year 3 and screws you up!".

Well that's exactly the point of the goals being that far away. It might be easy to reach the requirements but then, as with businesses in real life, something could happen that makes your park bomb. So keeping it running is half the challenge.

I doubt it, but I'll ask anyway:

Anyone know a way of accelerating game time at will? It sucks to have some four-year goal, and then reach it in half that time and have to just maintain the park the rest of the time. That's my only gripe with the RCT games, once you reach the goal that should be it, you've done it, now play the scenario as long as you want, not "Great, you reached the goal, now sit around and pretty much watch the park until Year 4 and hope nothing disasterous happens in late October of Year 3 and screws you up!".

Well that's exactly the point of the goals being that far away. It might be easy to reach the requirements but then, as with businesses in real life, something could happen that makes your park bomb. So keeping it running is half the challenge.

Got RCT2 the otherday.

Mostly been buggering around with the track designer, and alll my coasters seen to have Extreme intensity, high Nausea and low excitement.

Rollercoaster Tycoon 3 is fucking amazing.

It's much more fun than the first 2, which I loved, one you actually get into it.

Loads more options, and rides, and it's just generally better.

And thank god janitors don't mow the lawn now.

If you have enough handymen and mechanics on call, that half of the challenge is practically non-existant. Barring a multi-train roller coaster losing the brakes and crashing in a fireball of death, once I reach the goal I'm just sitting there letting the game run for one, two hours while I wait for the scenario to end so I can move on. The game is fun, but when your "reward" for two excellent hours of gameplay and reaching the goal early is sitting around for two more hours waiting for the scenario to end...I loved the game until I got to my third scenario where I had completed the goal, and just had to sit there and wait, and then I stopped playing. I want to PLAY the game, not sit there and watch time go by.

Guest [ Tyler ]

They changed the graphics which improved it a ton! Gotta keep up with other games was their mindset, or atleast I think. Sims 2 came out around the same time so they were probs trying to give it some competition.

If you have enough handymen and mechanics on call, that half of the challenge is practically non-existant. Barring a multi-train roller coaster losing the brakes and crashing in a fireball of death, once I reach the goal I'm just sitting there letting the game run for one, two hours while I wait for the scenario to end so I can move on. The game is fun, but when your "reward" for two excellent hours of gameplay and reaching the goal early is sitting around for two more hours waiting for the scenario to end...I loved the game until I got to my third scenario where I had completed the goal, and just had to sit there and wait, and then I stopped playing. I want to PLAY the game, not sit there and watch time go by.

Then, keep playing? Keep building? Keep doing stuff, the game doesn't end when you reach the goal. I haven't even attempted a scenario yet, mainly because I go nuts and get myself into debt. Just keep building to pass the time while you're playing, or leave it running in the background and surf the internet.

I hated to love RCT2. I hated how you could only have a limited amount of rides available in Sandbox mode. It's called Sandbox mode for a reasion! And when you try building a huge park, you end up capping the amount of rides and stalls. Very frustrating. But it's so damn fun anyways.

Haven't tried RCT3.

I really don't see how they screwed up with RCT3. I got it, and am loving it! I used to stay away from theming my park in RCT1 and 2, but I love doing all the scenery and theming now that its in 3D. The only problem I can see with RCT3 is that lower end computers that can play the first would explode attempting to play this, and that sometimes when building an underground rollercoaster the view is difficult to work with.

I dunno I jsut see rct being better in 2d but thats my opinion . I hate the object limits in rct 2 as well but I deal with it. I have a hard part themeing my parks and making hotels and such but I'm getting better