Festival Pre-Season 2006

Herr Matzat

I thought Burnt By The Sun were disbanded? (aimed at Bushmeister)

*shrug* That band list is the confirmed one from the official Maryland Deathfest site: if BBTS disbanded after the finalized lineup was released, maybe they haven't gotten around to fixing it yet (just call on Scott Hull and he'll bring you Pig Destroyer, end of the problem :shifty:)

I'd heard they had ages ago,but no complaints if they are not, they are sweet.

• Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Download has made me come in excitement twice in as many weeks...what with Metallica and Guns...my two favourite bands...I dont care if guns is basically Axl and friends, still their songs, and still their vocalist. I could care less if slash and his hat were playing with him.

I could kiss you for that :kiss:

Download has made me come in excitement twice in as many weeks...what with Metallica and Guns...my two favourite bands...I dont care if guns is basically Axl and friends, still their songs, and still their vocalist. I could care less if slash and his hat were playing with him.

I could kiss you for that :kiss:

I could kiss you for putting me in your sig :kiss:

But seriously...I was out with mates earlier and they hadnt heard about Guns playing...and they were all "oh its not Guns N Roses anymore"

Not taking anything away from Slash or Duff or any of the others...but no one complains about Sabbaths thousand different line ups...or Megadeths...or Ac/Dc or anyone else.

Guns and Roses hateage = :thumbsdown:

The way I see it is that if a band's principle member(s) are there, they can still use the name, see: Motörhead for the prime example, and Queen for the example of what isn't. Guns & Roses are an anomaly, though, as surely Tracii Guns would need to be involved for them to use the Guns & Roses name, as opposed to Hollywood Rose?

Basically, if that principle member (for the same example, Lemmy for Motörhead) is still in the bad, I have no problem with them continuing to release music. However, if the current Queen line-up where to release new material under the Queen name, I wouldn't accept that as "Queen". It's one thing to play a greatest hits live show, it's another to record new material.

I'm rambling somewhat, I'll cease.

TOOL, SOULFLY, SOILWORK, CRADLE OF FILTH, ARCH ENEMY, EIGHTEEN VISIONS, AIDEN, BLOODSIMPLE, TO MY SURPRISE and 36 CRAZYFISTS have been confirmed for the Download Festival, which is set to take place from Friday, June 9 until Sunday, June 11 at Donington Park in Leicestershire, England. They join the acts already announced, which are METALLICA, GUNS N' ROSES, THE PRODIGY, KORN, DEFTONES, TRIVIUM, CLUTCH, LACUNA COIL, INME, WITHIN TEMPTATION, HATEBREED and BULLET FOR MY VALENTINE. More acts will be confirmed over the coming weeks and months, to a full line-up of around 100 metal and rock bands over the three days.

TOOL are the confirmed headliners on Friday, June 9, METALLICA will top the bill on Saturday, June 10 and GUNS N' ROSES are set to close the festival on Sunday, June 11.

Tickets are on sale, priced at £115 for the three days, or £135 including camping and parking. Campevrans cost £35, and parking is £5 in advance or £10 on the day.

He's pretty good live actually (obviously, if you like his stuff).

It's just strange for V Festival to have picked up the 5 acts I've mentioned, in my eyes....they usually hit the commercial stuff a lot harder, twould seem (like...the really commercial stuff).

• 2 weeks later...

and again newness for my festivale

B-52\'s * Blackmail * Duels * Karamelo Santo * Muse * Wolfmother

the full lineup for Hurricane 2006 now is

Adam Green · Apocalyptica · Arctic Monkeys · Ben Harper & the Innocent Criminals · Billy Talent · Coheed And Cambria · Death Cab For Cutie · dEUS · Donavon Frankenreiter · Elbow · Element of Crime · Fettes Brot · Hard-Fi · Lagwagon · Live · Mad Caddies · Mando Diao · Manu Chao Radio Bemba Sound System · Maximo Park · Panteón Rococó · Seeed · Shout Out Louds · Sigur Rós · Skin · The Ark · The Brian Jonestown Massacre · The Cardigans · The Feeling · The Hives · The Strokes · Tomte · Wir Sind Helden · Within Temptation ·

today is the last day of early bird pricing, so the big guns should come around very soon.

• 3 months later...

So. Nummirock came, saw and mangled me. I saw Marduk, Kreator, Edguy, Samael, Karelian Warcry, Gorefest, Hypocrisy, Amorphis (only half of it though, went on to take an hours drunken nap) and Korpiklaani (which was seriously the worst idea ever, I almost passed out from one and a half hour's worth of drunken folk dancing ;E) Marduk and Hypocrisy were probably the best acts for me, though pretty much every band I went out to see kicked major ass. Great fun all around.

So, I was going to go the Jersey Live Festival. Secret Machines pulled out, and got replaced by Hope Of The States. I'm not going any more.

True story.

Muse got cancelt becaus of epic thunder lightning and rain (wen i say epic i mean epic, the heaven was daylight bright for houres becaus there always were a ton of lightnings around)

Nada Surf got cancelt because 40000 of the 50000 people wanted to see the germany game and they had to ad stage screens to not put people that were in front of the soccer video wall in danger.

sigur rós fucking rulled

i discovert that the answer is an amazing rock and roll band, need to see them again.

big yay to dEUS, eagles of death Metal, Ben Harper and so on, great great very hot weekend with one hell of an apocalyps in the last houres of sunday.

3089242428.jpg

http://www.nonstopnews.borgmeier-media.de/...e.php?Pfad=3797