The Guitar Hero Thread

apsham

EAT MY DICK SLIPKNOT!!!

Finally got through Before I Forget and Knights of Cydonia on Hard. Still can't get through 3's and 7's though. No idea how people play this game on Expert.

EDIT

QUEENS OF THE STONE AGE CAN SUCK MY STONE COCK BECAUSE THEY'RE A BUNCH OF QUEENS! FUCK!

Seriously, fuck that song. 97% and I fucking fail. I personally wish to kick Josh Homme in the mouth right now and then take his teeth and mail them to Neversoft.

Edited by Zero

Personally, I think the developers took themselves way too seriously this time around, catering for the OMGZ 100% YOUTBUBE NOWZ audience instead of the casual gamer. Some of the note charts on hard are incredibly retarded, with hardly any rhythm to it (Raining Blood, I'm looking at you), and if they honestly believe that the average gamer can play 15 notes per second for a good half minute or so without walking away with several wrist pains, I don't know what else to say. Yes, I was amped when I heard Dragonforce was going to be in, but it's not that big of a deal anymore when the last two tiers already have the difficulty cramped up to frustrating.

Seriously, the only way I can see myself beating Hard is by spending hours in practice mode, except that the whole concept of having to dedicate time to practicing on a mock instrument is just completely counterproductive to the whole idea of it being a mock instrument in the first place.

I think the developers took themselves way too seriously this time around, catering for the OMGZ 100% YOUTBUBE NOWZ audience instead of the casual gamer.

But to be fair, they are the expert players, shouldn't the expert difficulty be upped to challenge them?

I get what you're saying, though the note charts (frustrating as they are), seem pretty accurate.

I managed to beat "Slow Ride," "Talk Dirty To Me," and "Hit Me With Your Best Shot" on hard today. It was a pain in the ass but I did it. :D Now "Story Of My Life' is giving me the most trouble out of the four, though.

Edit: Well I finally managed to beat that while in the red.

Edited by Fitzy

Yeah "Rock N Roll All Nite" sucked but on my second try I got through it fine. "Mississippi Queen" was easy to get through. I don't understand how that could make tier two and not tier one. Then I tried the other second tier songs and gave up as I couldn't get through them. I got further through "Barracuda" than I did on the others through.

Well I got through QOTSA, breezed through Cult of Personality, managed through Cliffs of Dover and felt confident about getting through.

Then I failed Raining Blood at 30%

Failed One at 78%

And then, in my greatest moment, failed Number of the Beast at 7%

For... Fuck's... Sake.

I think the developers took themselves way too seriously this time around, catering for the OMGZ 100% YOUTBUBE NOWZ audience instead of the casual gamer.

But to be fair, they are the expert players, shouldn't the expert difficulty be upped to challenge them?

I get what you're saying, though the note charts (frustrating as they are), seem pretty accurate.

EAT MY DICK SLIPKNOT!!!

Finally got through Before I Forget and Knights of Cydonia on Hard. Still can't get through 3's and 7's though. No idea how people play this game on Expert.

EDIT

QUEENS OF THE STONE AGE CAN SUCK MY STONE COCK BECAUSE THEY'RE A BUNCH OF QUEENS! FUCK!

Seriously, fuck that song. 97% and I fucking fail. I personally wish to kick Josh Homme in the mouth right now and then take his teeth and mail them to Neversoft.

I got a 360 and Guitar Hero 2 today. So much fun. First time I've ever played it, so it was a little weird to be doing so badly on easy... but after a few goes, I managed to start doing better than my sister and her friend, who play it all the time at other people's houses. Go me.

They took the system to her friend's house though, so I have to wait until later to play.

I'm so fucking stoked for some of those awesome songs... the only thing I dislike, is that I really wanted Guitar Hero 3. The tracklist for GH3 looks like the best out of all the games... but I guess I'll just have to wait a bit.

You know, it amazes me that all these people concern themselves with Manhunt 2, GTA or Mortal Kombat making people go crazy... no game has ever sent me into a violent rage quite like Guitar Hero 3. If ever there were a game to inspire a killing spree, this would be the one. Fuck Slayer. I hope it rains blood in their houses and ruins their furniture.

I have finally beaten "Barracuda" on hard. It took me a while. During the many failures of this song, I took a break and played some of the bonus songs and all the downloaded songs. I got like 60% on "Closer" and like only 20% on "My Curse." And 6% was the highest I got on "Through the Fire and the Flames" which was basically just hitting the red, yellow, and blue buttons. Then came Velvet Revolver and Foo Fighters which are just impossible.

I got to Tom Morello and I couldn't beat him after five tries. I was going to play once more and then give up if I failed again but I beat him! Then I got to "Bulls on Parade" and I can get up to the 60-75% and I fail. So I have given up for the day.

I honestly have no idea what to do on Raining Blood. I get 35-38% through and continuously fail on Mosh 1. I've practiced on slowest, slower, and slow repeatedly and still can't get a rhythm for shit once I go into full speed. Any of you GH experts have any other tidbits of advice?

Wow, "The Number of the Beast" is retarded. I was playing online and I had to quit like a minute into the song as I cannot do it.

Also, going back and playing "Through the Fire and the Flames" on medium was so much easier. It moved slow but my arm got tired so I failed at 80%.

Edited by Fitzy