The Guitar Hero Thread

apsham

Upon some casual google searching it occurs that the 3rd party shredder guitars name is a good one since it gets ripped to shreds by reviewers on Amazon.

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B000FJMJQ...ce&n=468642

One to avoid methinks.

So, I'm conducting an expirament to see if you make more money by going through and doing poorly(getting ***) the first time you play a song, then going back and doing better, or if you make more money by getting a high rating the first time you play a song.

I get to 'I Wanna Be Sedated'(on hard, BTW), and I start hitting every note in the song. First time I've ever done that on any song, I usually miss a couple notes on this song due to my timing being slightly off or something. But not this time. Every note... Except one. The last note. A near-perfect game marred by a single mistake. :angry:

Alright, Helmet's been usurped. "Cavemen Rejoice" owns your third born.

Plus it's easy to five-star :D

I failed it first time, I was too busy crying in laughter at the lyrics. EH-OOH UGH-AGH.

Any song with a Sabbath-esque riff and lyrics about cavemen attacking other cavemen and wooly mammoths...oh, fuck yes.

Immediately got the album after hearing the song. Album's just as crazily good.

I've got to the point where I can finally four-star Cowboys from Hell on Hard. On Expert it's hit or miss whether I get past the opening part. I've gotten a lot better at soloing though in the past few weeks.

I also find it easier to slide my index finger down to the green button as well...

Done the first 10 songs on expert, scraping through now. Fuck Symphony of Destruction though, that solo is HARD. How the fuck do you do the finger-blistering solo? I usually just save my star power and blag through the tough solos, but my luck ran out on this song today.

:crying:

I finally beat Guitar Hero career mode...ON EXPERT! The two songs that eluded me on Expert, Cowboys from Hell and Bark at the Moon, were finally beat today, although rather poorly. 72% and 3 stars on Cowboys and 75% and 3 stars for Bark at the Moon. It's cool because once you beat expert you get the battle axe.

Now it's time to beat all the extra songs on Expert...

• 3 weeks later...

OMG. I bought this game two days ago and can't stop playing. I'm geeting raped on Bark at the Moon on medium so I have no idea how you guys are doing this stuff on hard and expert. My hand hurts so much from all the playing. Time to grab an advil and get back to rocking!

Even Rats FTW

A Peek at Guitar Hero II's Song List (PS2)

Here's what E3 attendees will get a taste of during the show.

By Li C. Kuo | May 4, 2006

RedOctane is giving everyone at E3 a small sampling of Guitar Hero II this year, and what they've revealed about the song list for the blazing hot sequel is sure to please fans of the first game.

Seven of the 55 songs featured in the new title have been revealed. They are: Psychobilly Freakout, Strutter, Who Was in My Room Last Night, You Really Got Me, War Pigs (more Black Sabbath, woot!), YYZ and Arterial Black. New bands to be featured in Guitar Hero II include Van Halen, Rush, KISS, Butthole Surfers, and Reverend Horton Heat.

During the show, RedOctane will present live performances by bands from the first Guitar Hero. Drist (Marcus Henderson's band), Graveyard BBQ, and Shaimus will all be rocking out in Kentia Hall. Guitar Hero II is scheduled to come out for the PlayStation 2 this November.

Don't know if the above's been posted.

I just ordered my copy from AtomicPark.com for 63.99 and S&H was free.

According to wikipedia, the list of announced songs for GH2 is...

Arterial Black - Drist (original track as a bonus song)

John The Fisherman - Primus (original track)

Madhouse - Anthrax

Psychobilly Freakout - The Reverend Horton Heat

Shout at the Devil - Mötley Crüe

Strutter - KISS

Trippin' on a Hole in a Paper Heart - Stone Temple Pilots

War Pigs - Black Sabbath

Who Was in My Room Last Night? - The Butthole Surfers

You Really Got Me - The Kinks, as performed by Van Halen

YYZ - Rush

God, I love this game. It took me a shitload of tries to beat Hard...I don't know how in the world I'm gonna' beat expert.

Those pull-offs and hammer-ons are tougher on the controller than on a real guitar.

They so need to put The Offspring on GHII.

I just started playing this again...I can't rememebr my hand hurting this much the first time round :(

And I am in awe of people who can do expert all the way through, I'm stuck on No One Knows, Crossroads and Ace of Spades on Hard.

I really have to get used to the positions for my fingers again, I keep fucking up and doing yellow and green instead of red and blue and all because of that annoying orange!!

They say GHII is gonna be harder...I now officially need a change of pants.