The Guitar Hero Thread

apsham

Dude, you always earn the same amount of cash when you get all 5* ratings, i.e. enough money to buy every unlockable on that difficulty.

Also, the notes are there, you just have to pay attention.

"Freebird" by Skynard and "Sweet Child of Mine" by Guns N' Roses were annouced today for GH2.

Aaaaand I'm officially 'meh' about this game. If it wasn't for Sabbath and Primus being included (imagine that bass line on expert) I would likely not even bother with the sequel. I hold out pretty good hope that the rest of the 55 are quite excellent.

"Freebird" by Skynard and "Sweet Child of Mine" by Guns N' Roses were annouced today for GH2.

Aaaaand I'm officially 'meh' about this game. If it wasn't for Sabbath and Primus being included (imagine that bass line on expert) I would likely not even bother with the sequel. I hold out pretty good hope that the rest of the 55 are quite excellent.

I wouldn't get too "meh" just yet. It'd be like being "meh" over the first game if all they announced was "More than a Feeling," "Heart Full of Black," "Hey You," "Stellar," and "Frankenstein." There's still plenty of songs to be announced, plus, "Freebird" has one of the most badass fucking solos ever that's going to be an absolute bitch to pull off.

Not to mention, the songs announced so far are pretty badass. Butthole Surfers? Kiss? Anthrax? Rush? Van Halen?! How can you be "meh" about that?!

Edited by Zero

I wouldn't get too "meh" just yet. It'd be like being "meh" over the first game if all they announced was "More than a Feeling," "Heart Full of Black," "Hey You," "Stellar," and "Frankenstein." There's still plenty of songs to be announced, plus, "Freebird" has one of the most badass fucking solos ever that's going to be an absolute bitch to pull off.

Not to mention, the songs announced so far are pretty badass. Butthole Surfers? Kiss? Anthrax? Rush? Van Halen?! How can you be "meh" about that?!

Although I'm almost certain you've read this by now...I live in the south. If I hear anymore goddamn motherfucking Van Halen, Led Zeppelin, Skynard, or Kiss, I will start melting pissant rednecks' flesh with blow torches and making them choke by shoving the bits that fall off down their throats.

Hahahahahahaha... poor Midge.

But c'mon, playing the solo in Freebird?!

I'll save that song for when I'm piss-ass drunk and/or in the middle of a plane crash. Y'know, for realism's sake.

Maybe even set myself on fire and play it =P

Seriously, though, there are already a few songs on here that I can see myself going back to consistantly. Keep in mind that they could put 54 Skynard songs on there with 1 Soundgarden song and I'd buy it in a heartbeat. All a matter of what else gets thrown on there.

For those lazy folk out there, here's the confirmed list so far:

Anthrax - Madhouse

Black Sabbath - War Pigs

Butthole Surfers - Who Was in My Room Last Night?

Drist - Arterial Black

Guns N' Roses - Sweet Child O' Mine

Kiss - Strutter

Lynyrd Skynyrd - Freebird

Motley Crue - Shout At The Devil

Reverend Horton Heat - Psychobilly Freakout

Rush - YYZ ("One Little Victory" would have been better to me, but your mileage may vary.)

Stone Temple Pilots - Trippin' On A Hole In A Paper Heart

Van Halen - You Really Got Me

The STP song, although not their best to listen to, has a badass grove during the verses and a great chance to do your best rock gawd poses during the chorus. And for those of you who haven't heard the good Reverend yet, be prepared. That song will be harder that most.

The inclusion of Sweet Child O' Mine is what worries me about the idea of including a band I enjoy, like Offspring, in Guitar Hero. I'm afraid that of all their great songs, they'll put the lamest, boringest, poppiest single they've put out in the game. It happened to Bad Religion, it happened to Guns n' Roses, it might happen to Offspring.

I could see them picking something like 'Kids Aren't Alright' for Offspring which, while not the best, would still be quite fun to play Guitar Hero to. It's if they pick something like 'Pretty Fly' that we'd have to fear. ¬_¬

I want some Chili Peppers on this one for those badass bass lines they've got in almost every song.

Technically speaking, their version of Stevie Wonder's "Higher Ground" was in the first game. Not saying we couldn't get a little "Around The World" love (fess up, you'd love to play that bass line), especially since Sabbath is appearing in both games.

I want some Chili Peppers on this one for those badass bass lines they've got in almost every song.

Technically speaking, their version of Stevie Wonder's "Higher Ground" was in the first game. Not saying we couldn't get a little "Around The World" love (fess up, you'd love to play that bass line), especially since Sabbath is appearing in both games.

I know it'll never happen, but i was at the Stones concert at Twickenham the other night and witness to some stirling guitar work from Keith Richards and Ronnie Wood. I know they aren't reknowned for being a 'guitar band' but they do have a really distinctive two guitar sound. I'd love to play 'Jumping Jack Flash' or 'Honky-tonk Woman' on GHII.

Oh and for Guitar anoraks, and after visiting the 'Unlock shop' in GH I'm sure there are a few more out there, Keith and Ronnie went through most of the Gibson Guitars catalogue, I lost count of how many changes there were. There were a few Fenders on display too (Keith used a Telecaster at one point and Mick used a Black Strat when he joined in).

If the Stones did feature we'd need to have Keith's ES-355 semi-acoustic in the unlock shop, very distinctive sound there.

I know it'll never happen, but i was at the Stones concert at Twickenham the other night and witness to some stirling guitar work from Keith Richards and Ronnie Wood.

It could happen. The Stones aren't opposed to licensing out their work.

And what's with all the clamoring for Offspring in the game?