I bought a Gamecube.

Summers

Guest Mr. Potato Head

Agreed on SSBM. Not as good as the original, and Kirby's useless this time around, but still worth the little money you'll have to pay for it.

We have Smash Brothers Melee, Timesplitters: Future Perfect, Star Fox Adventures, Metal Gear Solid: Twin Snakes and Paper Mario: Thousand Year Door.

There's been plenty others but those are about the ones I figured to keep.

Eternal Darkness and the plethora of Resident Evil's definately fill out the horror category very well. Animal Crossing can get quite dull very quickly (it's best for short intervals on the DS). I personally found Zelda: Wind Waker drab and boring. Just seems to be a slower paced and easier Ocarina of Time. Mario Sunshine is just like Wind Waker, with Mario 64 being better. They're both fun but are just derivitive. The same goes for Mario Kart, Wave Race, F-Zero and the Mario Party games. Most Nintendo sequels, just seem like prettied up versions from the past with some tweaks. Paper Mario is about the only one that seems like a slight upgrade, and it's a very enjoyable game.

As for original games not entirely based on something before; Metriod Prime is decent, but not as amazing as people make it out to be. Pikmin can be an amusing good time, but is simplistic and easy as wll.

The Rogue Leader Games are also very good. Can be frustrating difficulty wise but are good fun. Day of Reckoning is a refreshing change of pace from the Smackdown series, but the second was a major disappointment. Future Perfect is a great game to get if you haven't tried it on the other two already. Twin Snakes is also a nice update of the original MGS. Star Fox Adventures is also a decent game in the same line as Zelda (I swear Rare ripped off the engine entirely), which I prefered to Wind Waker.

You can also get every Sonic game made in some form or another, if I'm not mistaken.

Skies of Arcadia Legends, Tales of Symphonia and Baten Kaitos are about the only real RPGs apparently (aside from Paper Mario). I haven't played the latter two since I can't stand the new recurring trend of every RPG being anime inspired but Skies of Arcadia was awesome on the Dreamcast.

Last but not least, Smash Brothers Melee. The game kind of speaks for itself. You either like it or you don't, with most people liking it. It's just fun batting Young Link across the Super Mario Brothers level with Bowser.

I tried to keep it to the exclusives I can remember off the top of my head. Everything else can be found on the PS2 or Xbox. I personally recommend Smash Brothers Melee, Future Perfect and Paper Mario.

I hope that helped, I kind of rambled a bit...

Edited by Vilge Duin

You can add Resident Evil Zero, Sonic Mega Collection and any of the Mario Party games to that list. I agree to a certain extent about Wind Waker and Super Mario Sunshine, but the Gamecube updates of F-Zero GX and Mario Kart Double Dash supercede their N64 incarnations, same for the Mario Party games too. Also one that hasn't been mentioned here is Wario Ware, Inc. - now that's a fun game.

I wouldn't be so quick to write off Mario Sunshine. I didn't like it at first, but once you begin playing, there is challenge and value to be found. It isn't too hard, but some levels are rediculously difficult, and it can provide for hours of entertainment.

Wind Waker also gets a bad rap because of the shit graphics. It's not as good as OOT, but it's a good waste of a few hours. And it's better then Majora's Mask.

Mario Baseball is fun, but kinda boring.

I haven't tried the Football (You're football, not american) one, I haven't heard much about it either, I'd suggest atleast a try of it.

If you're looking for random fun, get Mario Party maybe?

Mario Tennis is a good game as well...

I only use my cube for mario games and wrestling ones, everything else goes on PS2.

You've all helped out. Seeing as I already have my XBox and Playstation 2 most of the games I'll be getting will be those that are only on the 'cube. I'll be checking out reviews/pricest of the ones you suggested within the next week hopefully and splashing some cash. If anyone wants to add anymore about potential games I could purchase, don't stop yourself. (Y)

From EWB's Nintendo Rep:

SSX3 (Not On Tour)

Super Smash Bros. Melee

Mario Kart Double Dash

F-Zero GX

Luigi's Mansion

Super Mario Sunshine

Pokémon XD :shifty:

Edited by PkmnTrainerJ

I thought Mario Sunshine was a very entertaining game myself, obviously it's nowhere near as good as Mario 64, but it's still fun to play.

And get Animal Crossing, I was addicted to that game for ages before I lost my Gamecube. <_<