EWB: Revolution 2006

EWBRevolution.jpg

Ladies and gentlemen, welcome to what we all should hope will be the turning point for the EWB Graphics and Web Design forum: Revolution. Common name, yes, but hopefully it will fit this project's purpose.

Plain and simple... EWB: Revolution is a graphic design tournament, stressing a mixture of creativity AND real-world designs into one, looking to push your limits harder then they've been pushed before and help all of us excell as designers.

Some of us are taking this hobby of ours to the real world, others might just keep it as the hobby it is now... whatever path we decide to take, however... will benefit from this tournament.

There is an unlimited number to those who can sign up. Invite your friends, have others you know from other forums sign up to participate as well. I'll talk to the admins about even coming up with a prize for the winner if it's at all possible.

I don't know how long this thing will last before we have a winner-- I don't know if it'll end in March, April, May... I don't know.

I do know, however, there will be a winner, and all things will go on schedule.

To join in on the tournament, simply reply stating "I'm in"

Also, I'm accepting two 'advisors' for this thing. In order to keep from having to totally rely on other people, which is usually what holds back results for Monthly Contests, I will accept two people to act as judges and send me their opinions on a battle once both entries are posted.

Their opinions might persuade me or bring up factors of graphics I missed, thus tilting my decision in favor of one designer over another. However, in the end, I'm the only judge.

So let's get things started everyone... sign-ups are open for this thing.

Let's make it the biggest, most successful EWB Graphics Tournament there ever has been (Y)

Pretty vague description there Norris :P

Anyways, I'm in.

It's a tournament. For graphics. This is the sign-up thread. The rules will be unique ones that will benefit you if you ever make graphic designing a profession.

How much more description is needed? I could write a story about the tournament's history, but there is none >_>

Anyways, I'm in.

It's a tournament. For graphics. This is the sign-up thread. The rules will be unique ones that will benefit you if you ever make graphic designing a profession.

How much more description is needed? I could write a story about the tournament's history, but there is none >_>

I was just wondering what the structure and rules will be mainly. ie. simply a knock-out tournament or a league kinda thing, separate rules for each battle or a theme?

Anyways, I'm in.

I was just wondering what the structure and rules will be mainly. ie. simply a knock-out tournament or a league kinda thing, separate rules for each battle or a theme?

Ah, I get you.

Yeah, that'll all be revealed when the tournament begins :)

Speaking of which, sign-ups are going to close on March 15th, the tournament will then be put together shortly afterwards.

Like I said folks, I want this thing to be huge, so if you know ANYONE outside of EWB who's into graphic designs, invite them to join. They can join for the tournament, but for all we know EWB might even get a valuable new poster out of it too.

This isn't just about promoting traffic to the Graphics Forum/EWB, it's about helping everyone's level of design advance throughout with challenging stipulations and professional themes.

Let's make this thing huge, folks... still working on figuring out what a possible prize could be for the winner and the runner-up :)