PFA Player of the Year Nominations

therockbox

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/football/4903072.stm

Didn't see it posted anywhere. It's bollocks that Lampard and Terry are on that list, Lampard's done nothing since the turn of the year except tap in penalties and get a couple of deflected goals, whilst Carragher has (once again) been miles better than Terry. Scott Parker should be in there, so should Carra, and Given, Nolan, Bellamy, and the list goes on. One of the Chelsea players better not win it, because if they do it'll only be because of their league position.

I think Terry deserves to be there ahead of Carragher personally.

Lampard has been poor, admittedly.

And it is all good listing loads of different players that could have gone there, but even if you remove the Chelsea players (two of whom I think deserve it in Cole and Terry), you still only have 3 places.

Given has been good, as has Nolan, but I wouldn't have them up here. Bellamy is good when on his game, but can be shit as often as not. Parker has also been injured.

Edited by rvdwannabe

Chelsea's defence has been much shakier this season (even Cech has made a couple of clanger's) and Liverpool have got four more clean sheets than Chelsea.

And I was just listing players that I think deserve to be their instead of Lampard and Terry. Nolan should be going to the WC (as should Parker, but he wouldn't have gone even if he was fit), and I really wish Given was English.

Same with Bellamy. If he was English and Sven didn't have his favourites, I'd much rather start with Bellamy and Rooney up front rather than Owen, because Bellamy's been much better than Owen this season.

Edited by therockbox

So 4 more clean sheets means Carragher has played better than Terry?

There are (usually) 5 people in a defence, so it is a tenuous way of looking at it if that is all that is taken into consideration.

Add in that Terry also scores goals which is an invluable asset as a defender.

Edited by rvdwannabe

Rooney being on both is total gay...now there's 2 things I see happening. Him getting the Young Player Of The Year and not the PFA Player Of The Year, sort of a consollation prize. Or with it being the world cup year, and Rooney being our golden boy, there's a distinct possibilitiy (MO) that politics may swing both prizes towards Rooney. Giving us even more of a chance of suceeding in the World Cup, in many peoples eyes.

Shay Given would have been on their personally for me. He's immense. He's single handedly given Newcastle a fair amount stability at the back, with our often ultra shit defence.

So 4 more clean sheets means Carragher has played better than Terry?

There are (usually) 5 people in a defence, so it is a tenuous way of looking at it if that is all that is taken into consideration.

Add in that Terry also scores goals which is an invluable asset as a defender.

And I was just listing players that I think deserve to be their instead of Lampard and Terry. Nolan should be going to the WC (as should Parker, but he wouldn't have gone even if he was fit), and I really wish Given was English.

Same with Bellamy. If he was English and Sven didn't have his favourites, I'd much rather start with Bellamy and Rooney up front rather than Owen, because Bellamy's been much better than Owen this season.

I'm Nolan's biggest advocate on this board from other topics about stuff like this, but yeah, I don't think he should be up for this.

Given is great, but there are better goalies that didn't get put up for it, so *shrugs*, I dunno. I like him, but its hard the way that kinda stuff works.

And Bellamy has been better than Owen this season? Well, it is kinda easy to be better than a player who is consistently injured. However, when Owen has played for Newcastle, he hasn't played too bad and has a pretty good goal tally considering.

Edited by rvdwannabe

Guest Ringmaster The Living Legend

Robbie Keane should have made the list. Dare I say, he's probably the reason Spurs are still at 4th.

I don't think he's had a bad game all season.

I think Henry since he's still be great in a poor domestic season for the Gunners and i think Fabregas has made the biggest impact this season so he should get the prize there.