The 2006 NFL Draft

ACCBiggz

Reggie Bush and Deuce McAllister is a HUGE two back system for a team to have. Barring injuries, this could change to Saints into a league leader in rushing yards, as I can see both players getting 1000+ yards, and I won't be surprised if they both get 100 yards in a game each more then once, as Deuce can pound and pound, and then Bush breaks it open.

• Replies 172
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Yeah, Bush and McAllister will make a pretty good two back system, but I don't see the Saints being much better this season than they have the last two years. They *might* win one or two more games than last season, but I doubt it. Sure, not being able to play in the Superdome last season did affect them, but they still would have stunk even if they had been able to play all their home games there.

I'm most interested in seeing how Jeremy Bloom does with the Eagles, considering he hasn't played football since 2003. After the way he finished at the Olympics, I bet he wishes he had stuck with football and gone into the draft instead of becoming a skiier.

Not too thrilled with the Titans picking up LenDale White, but he could surprise people.

Oh, and regarding Livid's comments about San Francisco.....I didn't bother seeing who they drafted, but unless they drafted a QB or sign one as a FA during the offseason, the 49ers will continue to suck no matter who they drafted. Alex Smith is an obvious bust.

Unfortunately, I don't see either of my two favorite teams (Cowboys and Titans) making it to the postseason this year. Both teams will definitely be better, and I could even see Dallas challenging for their division's title, but that's about it.

Just prey that LenDale White doesn't end up like Chris Brown, bucket loads of talent and injured, then the Tennessee fans finally realise he won't be a good starter.

Also do you not think it would have been interesting to see how Bush coped without White? While they had Leinart's brilliance at QB, White could take a could pounding while Bush can't. Bush will fit in nicely at Saints where he doesn't need to take all the carries. He can take 15 or so a game, Deuce can take the bulk on them and Brees can throw when needed.

From that statement I can tell all you have ever seen from the college ranks are highlights and what some of the sportcasters have mentioned on tv.

Well, and comments from other people on a different message board. I don't get college football here in England so no. Also I may have got a bit wrong when I said Bush can't take a pounding, I just meant that White is a bigger back and could take a lot more hitting. Has Bush ever had to truly cope agaisnt a good defence without White? Could he really run the ball 35+ times a game, every game?

Anyways, Basanez got signed by Carolina :). Also we got Spencer Havner, perhaps one of the best UDFA pick ups of 2006.

By week 8, Bush will take the #1 RB spot from Deuce. Until then, he'll spend more time catching the ball out of the backfield than anything.

Marcus Vick has 1st round talent, that's what someone mentioned earlier. I've never seen it. He's undersized with a strong, but very inaccurate arm. He's fast but not exactly agile. He's never been a leader, which is a must at the QB position, and beyond his namesake, I don't see any reason to talk about him as a great football player. What's the difference between him and Adrian Macpherson? Macpherson's probably a better athlete and definately a better QB, but has the same leadership issues and look where he's at, strugglin to maintain the 3rd QB spot in New Orleans.

The best undrafted free agent? Jai Lewis. Has a football background, has great size for TE or DE, played both positions, has incredible hands and surprising agility. Give him two years under Strahan and the Giants got a steal.

Yeah, Bush and McAllister will make a pretty good two back system, but I don't see the Saints being much better this season than they have the last two years. They *might* win one or two more games than last season, but I doubt it. Sure, not being able to play in the Superdome last season did affect them, but they still would have stunk even if they had been able to play all their home games there.

I'm most interested in seeing how Jeremy Bloom does with the Eagles, considering he hasn't played football since 2003. After the way he finished at the Olympics, I bet he wishes he had stuck with football and gone into the draft instead of becoming a skiier.

Not too thrilled with the Titans picking up LenDale White, but he could surprise people.

Oh, and regarding Livid's comments about San Francisco.....I didn't bother seeing who they drafted, but unless they drafted a QB or sign one as a FA during the offseason, the 49ers will continue to suck no matter who they drafted. Alex Smith is an obvious bust.

Unfortunately, I don't see either of my two favorite teams (Cowboys and Titans) making it to the postseason this year. Both teams will definitely be better, and I could even see Dallas challenging for their division's title, but that's about it.

Edited by Livid

As far as I'm concerned the NFC South will be the divison to watch in the NFC. All three teams have done something to improve. Tampa Bay will have a hard time keeping the defense on top of the divison. Atlanta and Carolina made big signings.

My sleeper picks for thsi year are The Browns and The Cardinals. Browns could finally make a playoff run.

And as far as Marcus Vick is concerned, he actually has a more accurate arm than his brother, who I know is known for not having the best of accuracy, but in many ways he is a better QB than his older brother, so then why wouldn't it translate to more success? And McPherson is having trouble holding that spot because of the new coach who is more pocket-passer oriented and didn't draft McPherson and he doesn't really fit the sysem they're going to have in place now either. Both have some leadership issues, yes, but you can learn that as you go on, especially if you realize you've made mistakes and you've changed yourself becuase of them.

And as far as Marcus Vick is concerned, he actually has a more accurate arm than his brother, who I know is known for not having the best of accuracy, but in many ways he is a better QB than his older brother, so then why wouldn't it translate to more success? And McPherson is having trouble holding that spot because of the new coach who is more pocket-passer oriented and didn't draft McPherson and he doesn't really fit the sysem they're going to have in place now either. Both have some leadership issues, yes, but you can learn that as you go on, especially if you realize you've made mistakes and you've changed yourself becuase of them.

The only way Marcus is more accurate is if you look purely at completion percentage. If you actually watch the games, you factor in the risks that Michael Vick takes, which is a plus or a negative depending on how you look at. I'll always take a gunslinger like Favre, so I like the risktaking, but it does lead to incompletions and INTs. With Marcus, you see mostly dink and dunk passes, you're not going to see him stretch the field and you're not going to see him thread the needle twenty five yards over the middle.

And don't get me wrong, I love Adrian McPherson, I think he's still got incredible athletic potential, but I'd never make him a starting QB, he's more about self than team.