The 2006 NFL Draft

ACCBiggz

• Replies 172
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Bruce Gradkowski = Steal of the draft

How he dropped so low and had some many QB's who imo were worse than him, I have no idea.

Edited by Hajjhowe

God I have to put up with my friend saying "people were saying White was the second best RB in there"

Nah, I'd have picked Bush, Maroney and Williams all ahead of him with my eyes shot. I don't think picking White up mid 2nd was anything special for Tennessee considering he was nothing more than a late 1st - early 2nd in my eyes.

I just hate with what I have to put up with now.

Redskins royalled messed that up, why we ignored CB so much I have no idea, but we've always been a Free Agency team - not a drafting team.

White was a good pick for Tennessee Ace. All through the past 2 seasons I told people that White is the better NFL style RB at USC. Bush is the gamechanger, but NFL style RB is White. White will go through the tackles, be paitent. Maroney is right there with him however, but I think they both will have solid career's.

Gradkowski... I really like him, but I am not sure what kind of impact he will make.

I know plenty of people who thing White is better than Bush - although 90% of them are just cynics.

Yet, I still think it was right for Bush, Maroney and Williams all to go ahead of him. Out of them three including White I can see Maroney or Williams having the best career, I've always been partial to Maroney so we'll say him.

Did Brett Basanez go undrafted (on another note) y'know, I'm a massive Northwestern fan :P. Well, I followed them a bit last season but I think he was like 20th on the list so I doubt he'll have been drafted. I'll be interested to see when Tyrell Sutton is drafted - he'll go like Sproles because of his size I'd say but he puts up the numbers for Northwestern.

I know plenty of people who thing White is better than Bush - although 90% of them are just cynics.

Yet, I still think it was right for Bush, Maroney and Williams all to go ahead of him. Out of them three including White I can see Maroney or Williams having the best career, I've always been partial to Maroney so we'll say him.

Did Brett Basanez go undrafted (on another note) y'know, I'm a massive Northwestern fan :P. Well, I followed them a bit last season but I think he was like 20th on the list so I doubt he'll have been drafted. I'll be interested to see when Tyrell Sutton is drafted - he'll go like Sproles because of his size I'd say but he puts up the numbers for Northwestern.

In case anybody is interested in seeing college highlights of their teams picks, they can use the following link.

Yahoo Sports Video Packages

For almost every player, there is a little camera next to their name. Click the camera and it will give you a 4-5 minute highlight package of the player. It's a pretty nice little tool to have if you have never seen any of your new players in action. To switch rounds, there is a little drop down box in the right corner of the screen.

Just prey that LenDale White doesn't end up like Chris Brown, bucket loads of talent and injured, then the Tennessee fans finally realise he won't be a good starter.

Also do you not think it would have been interesting to see how Bush coped without White? While they had Leinart's brilliance at QB, White could take a could pounding while Bush can't. Bush will fit in nicely at Saints where he doesn't need to take all the carries. He can take 15 or so a game, Deuce can take the bulk on them and Brees can throw when needed.

Just prey that LenDale White doesn't end up like Chris Brown, bucket loads of talent and injured, then the Tennessee fans finally realise he won't be a good starter.

Also do you not think it would have been interesting to see how Bush coped without White? While they had Leinart's brilliance at QB, White could take a could pounding while Bush can't. Bush will fit in nicely at Saints where he doesn't need to take all the carries. He can take 15 or so a game, Deuce can take the bulk on them and Brees can throw when needed.

From that statement I can tell all you have ever seen from the college ranks are highlights and what some of the sportcasters have mentioned on tv.

From that statement I can tell all you have ever seen from the college ranks are highlights and what some of the sportcasters have mentioned on tv.

And I also say that if he cleans his act up and matures that Marcus Vick will be, by far, the best UDFA pick ups of 2006, simply becuase he has 1st round talent. Whether or not he actually cleans his act up or not, is the question.

I read a bit of an interview from Vick on espn.com on the second day of the draft. He apparently approached Elvis Dumervil at the combine and apologized, the two hugged and now have no beef. That's a step in the right direction, for him to admit his mistake and apologize to the guy he kicked. He's also apparently devoting his life to religion and attending church regularly. While that doesn't necesarily mean he's going to clean up his act, he does seem to be on the right track. It's just a matter of him sticking to his guns, and wanting to be a good guy.

And I also say that if he cleans his act up and matures that Marcus Vick will be, by far, the best UDFA pick ups of 2006, simply becuase he has 1st round talent. Whether or not he actually cleans his act up or not, is the question.

I read a bit of an interview from Vick on espn.com on the second day of the draft. He apparently approached Elvis Dumervil at the combine and apologized, the two hugged and now have no beef. That's a step in the right direction, for him to admit his mistake and apologize to the guy he kicked. He's also apparently devoting his life to religion and attending church regularly. While that doesn't necesarily mean he's going to clean up his act, he does seem to be on the right track. It's just a matter of him sticking to his guns, and wanting to be a good guy.

i'm actually kinda worried about tennessee's running back situation. b/c now we have 4 good tail backs in brown, henry, white, and peyton. TN rarely uses a fullback which is Troy Fleming. but i can see white or maybe even brown getting moved there over him and maybe they can work on a new offensive set..

And speaking of Markus Vick.. i'm watching espn right now and they just said that he has a try out at the dolphins camp on friday....i think that was the day. anyway. maybe he will go there and train under culpepper.

And speaking of Markus Vick.. i'm watching espn right now and they just said that he has a try out at the dolphins camp on friday....i think that was the day. anyway. maybe he will go there and train under culpepper.