Curbishley resigns

NobBe Nobbs

Guest Heresy

I guess he needs a new challenge. He's either going to take a break from football or take over the Newcastle job. I can't see him becoming England manager he just doesn't seem good enough to fit that role to me.

Curbs has been nothing short of phenomenal at Charlton. Hes taken them so far. It's going to be interesting to see what a new manager can do, wether he can take them on further, or if the club just won't be the same and they drop-off some.

Still, hes been fantastic at the Valley, its gonna be well weird without him.

Finally, now lets see if he can garner success elsewhere now his lost his safety blanket of sorts.

BTW, the fact that Curbs came out and said this had nothing to do with the England job plus the fact that him resigning and Scolari turning the job down on the same day would make it a bit to obvious if the F.A where to opt for him. Would they really need to lie about it?

Who's going to take the Charlton job then?

Curbishley came and played in my secondary school centenary match, that alone makes him a legend.

I hope he goes on to do bigger and better things, as he is one of the only managers I truly like, as he seems like a genuinely nice guy.

I wouldn't be surprised to see him go to Newcastle grooming Alan Shearer while he's there. For me he isn't the man for England. Big Sam deserves a shot in the England hotseat