Smackdown! VS RAW 2007

Guest Anti-Hero

I THINK that all the control types use that system for reversals, but dont quote me on that

Fair play on you Zero, fro proving that whining about this game is fairly unnesseccary, and that some people dont take time to think about how tough it is

Im DELIGHTED with the roster and such this year, glitches and small(ish) fuck ups are all that botheres me this year, and none of it is huge

Who cares if the announcers are messed up, or Tazz commentates on his own matches (that actually turned out to be funny) Hell, i got someone on another board complaining that in real life Triple H wouldnt team with Mickie James in real life, so why do it in season? please

• Replies 1.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Bullshit. Alls I wanted to do was play through season mode, win on PPV and unlock the trophies for legends. But no. After Royal Rumble, the Legends/Saving the Princess story begins. As far as I know, its leading to a match at No Way Out, which would have been my brands (I'm Orton, who's a SD! superstar on here) next PPV. But no. I spend all evening completing the story, only to be traded to RAW, and then told the next PPV is Backlash, which means not only have I missed NWO, I've also missed Mania, and the chance to unlock, King, Tazz, Hogan (I admit to not being bothered there), some arena's and the unlocking of the World Heavyweight Championship, which I assume I would have defended at mania.

Cocksucking motherfucking mega cunts. The lot of them.

Some of the matches were fun though.

I really want this game but don't feel like shelling out the cash to get it. I traded in last years game a few weeks or so after getting it mainly due to the fact that I didn't have money for another game, but basically is it worth the money despite the minor inconveniences. Also, how good is Season Mode and how long is it. Oh and sorry if its been mentioned before but I don't feel like going through 20+ pages to find out.

If I could simply modify the damage dealt I would have no problem whatsoever.
You can actually alter the damage done as well. The options menu where you can alter the sliders has a page for the AI's usage, the players usage, and the damage dealt, although now I actually look at it you can only change the damage from finishers, weapons and backstage brawls.

And how did you get a black t-shirt? The few white shirts, unlike previous games, just get brighter or have a tint if you mess with the shade or colour. It's only t-shirt that I can change (off the top of my head I think it's 3) has a pleated look to it.

Er...you can make almost every one of the shirts black. When you choose the shirt, select colour underneath pattern and above stylise. Instead of picking a colour move all the way down to custom colour and then you can do whatever you like. For just a plain black shirt you just empty the shade meter. Like you do in every Smackdown game on the PS2 :blink:

Kaney, the shirt 1 does not change colour at all. It is simply a bright white regardless of what I do. Shirt 2 would be great if I could adjust the arm length. Shirt 4 is what I wound up using but has the pleated look which looks bad up close plus the neck is wrong. Shirt 5 would be perfect if I could get rid of the neck part. 6 is just like the first one, and 12 and 14 can't be edited.

Just had a fucking awesome Money in the Bank match. It was 20:24 minutes of sheer brilliance. I lost of course (I'm now 0-3 in MITB matches). I was Shelton, with Carltio and Umaga from Raw, and Finlay, Lashley and Mysterio from SD!

If the match was great, the finish was fucking fantastic with one of those sheer fantastic video game wrestling moments. There was a ladder bang in the middle of the ring that Finlay was climbing. To the left, and at an angle to it was another ladder that I started to climb. Me and Finlay were both reaching for the briefcase, when the great moment happened. Lashley climbed Finlay's ladder, and just a fraction later, Umaga climbed mine. Me and Finlay both went to grab the case again, and both missed. This gave Lashley and Umaga the perfect chance suplex us both of a ladder at the same time! To make it better, Becuase the ladder Umaga suplexed me off was at a slight angle, and the Lashley/Finlay suplex started that little bit sooner, the me/Umaga suplex actually went diagonally over Finlay/Lashley suplex. It looked sodding beautiful. I marked out, despite having my character killed.

That was me and Finlay out of the finish. Right after, Carltio hit his finisher on Rey to take him out. Carlito and Lashley climb the ladder I was on, and trade punches, whilst Umaga climbs the other ladder to nick the briefcase and to pick up the win.

The match was great, but THAT spot and the neat finish made it fucking brilliant. Just fucking brilliant.

Edited by timmayy rave

Fair play on you Zero, fro proving that whining about this game is fairly unnesseccary, and that some people dont take time to think about how tough it is

Not sure I understand the point you're trying to make there - are you saying people should be easier on Yukes because it's tough to produce good quality games? Isn't that what they're paid for, to do a tough job well? :unsure:

Incidentally, unrelated to that, I've noticed a lot of people stating that the WWE has final say over the roster for these games. Does anybody actually have a source for that information? I'm just curious, as I'd always thought that the signs pointed to it being mainly a decision from the developers.

I suddenly wonder what Mr Ryland thinks about SDvR's GM Mode :shifty:

Kaney, the shirt 1 does not change colour at all. It is simply a bright white regardless of what I do. Shirt 2 would be great if I could adjust the arm length. Shirt 4 is what I wound up using but has the pleated look which looks bad up close plus the neck is wrong. Shirt 5 would be perfect if I could get rid of the neck part. 6 is just like the first one, and 12 and 14 can't be edited.

The PS2 version must be different then, but I can and just have changed the colour of shirt 1, and adjusted the sleeve length on 2. 12 can't be edited, neither can 13, but 14 can.

Pics not the best, but colour is clearly choosable :P

After posting I realised you're gonna look at that and say the colour hasn't been changed, but you can't change the colour and still show that it IS shirt number 1, but I'm not switching my 360 back on again >_>

Edited by Kaneanite

It's so easy. Doing what you would have done last year WILL NOT WORK. Moving the pointer in the "colours" part of the screen down will no longer reduce the brightness, it'll just take the colour out of it, much like the shade bar last year.

The Shade bar this year controls the (surprisingly) shade. Turn it down to 0 for black, or up to the top for white. It's very very easy.

How do you actually clothesline somebody off the ladder ala Shelton Benjamin? I've done it once but now my opponent seems to fall off the ladder before the clothesline actually connects and I end up elbow dropping the mat. Is it purely timing? And if so, what's the correct timing to get the actual clothesline animation?

How do you actually clothesline somebody off the ladder ala Shelton Benjamin? I've done it once but now my opponent seems to fall off the ladder before the clothesline actually connects and I end up elbow dropping the mat. Is it purely timing? And if so, what's the correct timing to get the actual clothesline animation?

I just usually press the attack button midway up the ladder. I've also pulled off a spear from the top of the ladder using the grapple stick instead.

I thought it was automatic. The first time I did it, I thought I had to press something, but all I actually did was press Y to start the run, and it dived off automatically. I've always just done that since, and its worked once or twice.

Other times It's worked less well..... When I've just totally missed anyone that is.

It's so easy. Doing what you would have done last year WILL NOT WORK. Moving the pointer in the "colours" part of the screen down will no longer reduce the brightness, it'll just take the colour out of it, much like the shade bar last year.

The Shade bar this year controls the (surprisingly) shade. Turn it down to 0 for black, or up to the top for white. It's very very easy.

Edited by Vilge Duin

Obviously the PS2 version has different settings then.

Thanks for the ladder tip Kaney, I managed to spear Kid Kash off the ladder :)

Has anyone else noticed the error in sound in an elimination chamber match? Instead of glass shattering when you whip someone into a chamber you get the electrocution noise for some reason.

Another question about ladder matches. How do you do different moves off the top of the ladder? When you use a finishing move there you do a suplex if you just press LB, but I've done a neckbreaker with Kid Kash before. Again, I can't remember how I did it :P

So I have 2 online wins, both by countout. The first guy wasn't thrilled, but he's the one that threw me into the fan area (although I'm the one that tornado DDTed him and made a mad dash for the ring).

The second guy was rather ornery about it...can one of you guys translate for me? What exactly is a "bollock muncher" and why am I one because Khali deliberately stayed outside the ring at 8, attempted to kick me, I reversed, Russian Leg Sweeped (swept?) and got back in before the 10 count while he did not?

I feel ripped off, though, because I had some guy using Foley beat with Perfect; 2nd PerfectPlex and he just disconnected on me (Foley then proceeded to kick out at 2.75). My most recent match I had a TakerCheaper who kept using that big boot every time, and you can only reverse so many times before a 9 strength big-boot-to-the-mouth puts Perfect in the red.

Umaga debuted on April 3. Sabu wasn't in the WWE until June. There's your answer. The roster is generally finalized around WrestleMania and that's the WWE's call, not THQ's.

My point is it doesn't take that much time to program things in. Especially in Sabu's case because a lot of his ring gear and moves have been staples of the previous games. You would just need an ingame model created for him. They rush the game as is, so why not?

Besides, Umaga's in... Where's Armando?

Armando hasn't wrestled a single match while he's been on the main roster. Why waste space by putting him in? Yeah, it would be nice, but it's hardly a great loss. As for Sabu, his style (especially in an "Extreme Rules" match) is pretty much impossible to replicate in a WWE game. They could try, but it wouldn't work out using the Smackdown system, in my opinion. And besides, the roster needs to be finalised by a certain point so that THQ can get the game released at the right time of year. Sure, they could delay the release date to keep adding new wrestlers whenever they debut, but then the game would never be released, certainly not in time for Christimas.

The Spirit Squad would not be able to be properly represented in this game. To me, putting in all five members of the SS would be a bigger waste than four Mick Foleys. At least I'd want to play as Dude Love, who the fuck wants to play as Mitch? And again, it's the WWE's call about who goes on the roster.

Maybe people who actually like Mitch? Or people who just want to beat the piss out of him in a HiaC with Undertaker?

[...]

And how couldn't they represent the Spirit Squad anyways? Just like any stable. If one of the two members comes out together they do it as a team. Simple. Sure you couldn't have the whole group out at once, but Yukes has sacrificed such things before.

The Spirit Squad aren't "any stable", though. They use five-person double teams, trampolines, and all manner of high-jinks that would require drastic re-programming to be able to implement into a Smackdown game. Without those unique aspects that make them the Spirit Squad, there's no reason to put them in the game. Individual Squad members have no appeal, it's only as a whole that there's anything remotely interesting about them, and that can't be achieved using the current game engine. Again, it would be possible to change that, but it would drastically delay the release date, and wouldn't be at all profitable.

Eugene was likely cut as a punishment due to his suspension earlier in the year. London is a bit mind boggling, but once again. THE WWE DECIDES THE ROSTER.

I don't care if they decide the roster. It's a horrible defense. It is honestly a shitty defense used by people to give the WWE an excuse for having people absent from their games.

You don't see Terrell Owens missing from NFL games do you?

As Zero said, all you need to change in an NFL game is a name on the back of a shirt, and possibly a slight facial model. Each WWE superstar has individual movesets and mannerisms, and as such will take a lot more to be incorporated into the game.

I'm also playing the PS2 version by the way, if you didn't catch that before. For all I know the 360 version is indeed better, and from what I have heard that is the case.
Shock horror, a version of a game on a better console is superior to the version on a lesser console. In other news, Golden Axe doesn't have as good graphics as Metal Gear Solid 2.

Yukes has been working on the Smackdown (which is just an extension honestly of Nitro and Thunder for WCW) line for the past 7 years. At least 6 of which have been on the PS2. They should have refined their programming by now. It's not like they are creating a wholly new game. That is no excuse. It is just lazy programming, because quite frankly, people will buy it year in year out.

At least six of those years have been on PS2? I beg to differ. The first Smackdown game came out while I was living in Jersey. I've lived here for a little under seven years. At least two games came out for PS1. That narrows it down to a maximum of four years of PS2 Smackdown games. And to say that Smackdown is just an extension of Nitro and Thunder is ridiculous, it's an entirely different engine and control system.