The Games You're Playing

Benji

I've recently re-discovered my love for games (I know, the irony of the Coin-Op leader being bored of games) after about three months out of the loop, which is a long time for me, and I seem to be going all over the place to play (compared to my usual single game rampage at a time). So I thought I'd ask everyone else... what games are you playing at this point in time?

Resident Evil DS

Recently purchased this, it was one of my favourite PSOne games, I loved it then and I love it more now, there's something differently creepy about haunching over a handheld and getting engrossed rather than being aware of your surroundings on a TV. Some of the new features are a bit iffy, but they barely affect the gameplay. First new game I've bought in a while.

Final Fantasy VII

Happens every few months, I return to this game, the cause currently? Watching the Review of FF7 on the English DVD and realising how much fun the game was. I know people rag on it for not being as big as people make it out to be, but to me this is the very definition of what a game should be.

Pokémon Emerald

I love restarting this game, fun to go through, easy to play and you can either get really involved or just be sporadic playing for a few minutes. People have toilet reading material, this is toilet playing material. I expect crap jokes to be made, with both meanings.

Mario Kart DS

Wi-Fi. 'Nuff said.

Tekken 5

Am I ever truly seperated from Tekken? -_-

TEW 2005

I've rediscovered the joys of TEW, especially the Cornellverse now that I've spent some time getting to know it. The 1993 scenario is good fun as well.

Day of Defeat: Source

Got it a couple of weeks ago, I've been playing it loads. I prefer it to Counter-Strike, really enjoyable.

Max Payne 2

I want to complete it just to get the alternate ending, but it's also probably one of the best games I've ever played.

Guitar Hero

I suck at it, but whatever.

FIFA 06: Only recently purchased and the manager mode is keeping me hooked on it. It's also inspired me to get interested in MLS.

NBA Live 06: Again, only just bought this one and I've been having fun with an Orlando dynasty. I was playing this as much as FIFA, but this has slipped a little.

Metal Gear Solid 3: Snake Eater: Borrowed it off a friend ages ago and decided it was good enough to get myself a copy. Brilliant game, already completed it but every now and then I feel the urge to return to it. Recently started a new game on it.

I've gone through an evolution of sorts in regards to what games I play. Now, I am only interested in Sports games it seems.

NBA Live 06 on my PC and NHL 2K6 on the XBOX are my games.

Clearly I have a very limited attention span, as I have numerous games on rotation.

Hearts of Iron II: Doomsday

It is 1946 and World War 3 is in full swing between the Allied Powers and the Communist Bloc. Luckily in my game no one has quite managed to muster any nukes yet and so I (the British) am able to press forward with my conventional forces.

Metal Gear Solid 3

It annoys me that I can proverbially play MGS 1 and 2 in my sleep, but I find myself sucking spectacularly at this one. Still haven't got very far into it.

Final Fantasy VII

Have got to that big dragon boss in the Temple of the Ancients and realised that my party aren't nearly as levelled up as they ought to be. Mass slaughter ensues, and I feel the need to play something else.

Pokemon Yellow

The Gameboy is pulled out whenever I need to fill a spare 10 minutes. Progressing slowly, just got out of Mt. Moon.

Disgaea

Because repeated transmigrating is a nice way to occupy time when you don't actually want a game that requires any effort.

SmackDown vs. RAW 2006

Picked it up on the cheap a few weeks back. Having done a couple of seasons, am now going through GM mode or, when that becomes boring (and it does, very quickly), fulfilling the Amateur/Rising Star challenges.

ICO

Having difficulty getting a grip on it, particularly in terms of how to twat those black ghoulish bastards without yet having a weapon.

Soul Calibur 3

Strife is a son of a bitch. That is all.

Edited by stokeriño

Final Fantasy VII

Have got to that big dragon boss in the Temple of the Ancients and realised that my party aren't nearly as levelled up as they ought to be. Mass slaughter ensues, and I feel the need to play something else.

Poison Materia is your friend in that battle, but if you're struggling against Red Dragon you may as well restart the game or do SERIOUS levelling up, Demons Gate ups the ante of boss to whole new levels thanks to a huge skip in power.

Currently I'm playing:

Pro Evo 5 on the PS2.

Can't not play this. Especially with friends round.

LOTR: Battle For Middle-Earth 2 on the PC.

Top notch game, War of the Ring mode is awesome, it's kind of like Risk, but using the LOTR map and fighting the battles yourself. Shame I can't play online though.

FSO2 on the PC (firststaronline2.com)

Haven't played it for about 3 months, but recently got my girlfriend hooked on it and at the same time rekindled my interest. It's an mmorpg similar (so I've been told) to Runescape.

Guest clintcasey

EWR - I'll take a break from this game every once in a while but I'll usualy go back after a few months.

Galactic Civilizations 2 - This is an awsome game. Despite the fact that it's only sold in electronic stores like Best Buy this game has managed to break the the top ten in sales last week for PC games and thats not including online sales. When you see a running poll that says 94% of the people who played this game would recomend it to a friend you know it good. Best $35 I've spent in a long while. Not only that but no matter what your difficulty level if you can set the game's AI to move at your pace. Game difficulty runs the gambit between Cakewalk and Suicidal

Who cares if they don't have mulitplayer right now, the game is much better and has better features like diplomacy, random events, civil wars, and up risings that could not exist in a multiplayer environment for fear of unbalancing the game. It dosn't need it.

Me and my flatmates are loving Guitar Hero at the moment. I'm also playing a lot of PSP, mainly Wipeout (just got my 50th gold medal) and Mercury. The NFL draft also got me playing Madden 06 again, 3rd season with Da Bears. I'm in playoff contention, but can never quite break through Seattle's glass ceiling. MLB 06: The Show is in heavy rotation too. And my girlfriend is hooke d on We Love Katamari.

NHL Eastside Hockey Manager

I got games with the Ottawa Senators (see diary..cheap plug) where I am kicking ass and a game with the Red Deer Rebels where I seem to continue to screw up year in and year out.

Total College Basketball

After seven years I have finally got Niagara to the final four. Fun addicting game that goes hand in hand with Total Pro Basketball.

Guitar Hero

Have been rocking out to this game and while doing so people think I look like an idiot... but I don't care.

Metal Gear Acid

Took me a while to get into this game but I love it. I am stuck where after I beat a boss I have to escape and the halls are filled with soldiers. I can never escape.

Kingdom Hearts 2

Already beta it but now I am leveling up all my characters and trying to synthesize everything and get 100%.

Loco Roco

I believe this is the first ever downloadable PSP demo. It is innovative like the Katamari games and is addictive. If you have a PSP download this game.

Loco Roco

I believe this is the first ever downloadable PSP demo. It is innovative like the Katamari games and is addictive. If you have a PSP download this game.

Where from? I tried the official site, but it's all in Japanese.

Edited by CKN

Guest Bluesman

KOTOR: Man, I just can't seem to get enough of this game. I don't know of a game that I have played more, or gone back to play more than KOTOR. Spending the time to go through side-quests and character development adds a new twist, as does the sweet stuff you can buy with the XBL content.

Madden 06: How can you get tired of playing as the Packers and benching Favre, and then releasing him? Good times.

NBA 2K6: Maybe KG can win a title playing with D-Wade...on the Heat...far away from McHale.