GTA 4 Announced

abundant

He's taking his, er, clothes off. Well, jacket. "Yeah yeah yeah" he syas. He shows his Halo 2 tattoo. "You thought it was fake." Oh god. It's not on his chest, surely.

"Some guys do rubber ducks, some guys do tattoos," he jokes. His new one: Grand Theft Auto IV.

Okay, wasn't Halo then. Forgive me eh? But hell. October 16th 2007 in North America, October 19th 2007 Europe. GTAIV. "The first date it's available."

Available on 360 "from day one". So presumably it's on the others too. Strategic partnership for exclusive episodic content on Live Marketplace, though.

Edited by abundant

Am I the only one that finds these quotes really vague. All I got from it was...

A. Shitty Tattoo

B. GTA 4 (4? Shouldn't it be 7?) Announced

(EDIT: Or even 8 if Liberty City Stories is included.)

C. It's coming out on XBOX 360

D. "So presumably it's on others too." Does that mean it'll be on other systems or an exclusive? (Exclusive is doubtful considering it's as much a staple to Playstation as Halo is to XBox.)

E. Some exclusive content on the marketplace.

Did I get all that right or am I missing something?

Edited by Kliqing Legend

Oh, so it's basically gonna be a whole new story rather than a "continuation" like 3, VC, SA, and LCS was. I got it now.

Edited by Kliqing Legend

Rockstar Games announces Grand Theft Auto IV for the Xbox 360™ and PLAYSTATION®3 computer entertainment system

Next-generation console debut of the Grand Theft Auto franchise set for October 2007 release

New York, NY – May 9th, 2006 -- Rockstar Games, the universally-renowned publishing label of Take-Two Interactive Software, Inc. (NASDAQ: TTWO), is proud to announce Grand Theft Auto IV, the next-generation console debut of the genre-defining Grand Theft Auto franchise. Developed by world-class designers Rockstar North, Grand Theft Auto IV will be simultaneously available for the PlayStation®3 and Xbox 360™ and is currently planned to be in stores in North America on October 16, 2007 and in Europe on October 19, 2007.

About Take-Two Interactive Software

Headquartered in New York City, Take-Two Interactive Software, Inc. is an integrated global developer, marketer, distributor and publisher of interactive entertainment software games and accessories for the PC, PlayStation® game console, PlayStation®2 computer entertainment system, PSP™ (PlayStation®Portable) system, Xbox® and Xbox 360™ video game and entertainment systems from Microsoft, Nintendo GameCube™, Nintendo DS™ and Game Boy® Advance. The Company publishes and develops products through its wholly owned labels Rockstar Games, 2K and 2K Sports, and Global Star Software; and distributes products in North America through its Jack of All Games subsidiary. Take-Two also manufactures and markets video game accessories in Europe, North America and the Asia Pacific region through its Joytech subsidiary. The Company maintains sales and marketing offices in Cincinnati, New York, Toronto, London, Paris, Munich, Madrid, Vienna, Milan, Sydney, Breda (Netherlands), Auckland, Shanghai and Tokyo. Take-Two's common stock is publicly traded on NASDAQ under the symbol TTWO. For more corporate and product information please visit our website at www.take2games.com.

As if the 360 didn't have enough cock-boinging games in development, this was a legitimately shocking announcement. I think everyone gasped at E3.

Anyways, I expect this 'episodic content' to be pricey, so I don't have my hopes up too high. At least this time they'll finally make GTA with as good a graphics as storyline/fun. Even if it is multi-platform release (since the PS3 should also be graphically explicit).