Classical Music

Benji

There are so many pieces of classical music that I love and I'll know when I hear, but I don't have a clue what their names are and so can't get them for myself. :(

The only few I have are things like,

Carl Orff, O Fortuna

Holst, The Planets (All of them. Mars, Jupiter and Uranus are the best)

Vivaldi, The Four Seasons (My favourite is one of the Spring tracks, but I don't remember which one it is)

Then there's stuff like Beethoven's 9th, Tchaikovsky's 1812 Overture, Prokofiev's Dance of the Knights. I like the grand dramatic scores, me.

Then of course there is the Tao Orchestra's rendition of One Winged Angel, which is just immense.

Edited by stokeriño

It's not particularly famous, but Olivier Messiaen's Turangalîla Symphony is quite possibly the most amazing, beautiful and mindblowing piece of music I've ever heard.

I've just remembered just how much I adore Samuel Barber's Adagio for Strings...

And Bach's Air on a G String too. I guess I'm not so single-mindedly geared toward dramatic pieces after all.

Edited by stokeriño

There are so many pieces of classical music that I love and I'll know when I hear, but I don't have a clue what their names are and so can't get them for myself. :(

The only few I have are things like,

Carl Orff, O Fortuna

Holst, The Planets (All of them. Mars, Jupiter and Uranus are the best)

Vivaldi, The Four Seasons (My favourite is one of the Spring tracks, but I don't remember which one it is)