Transfer Talk

Steeb

To be honest, I don't think Wright-Phillips has had an effect on foreign players - indicated by the likes of Kalou and Obi Mikel signing this summer. Wright-Phillips himself played in like 30 games, the idea that he didn't play enough to make a World Cup squad, when Owen and Walcott did, is laughable. Wright-Phillips just needs to up his own game to oust the likes of Cole, if you're good enough, you'll play.

Sven said he took Walcott to give him the experience of a World Cup. He never intended to play him.

• Replies 672
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Those are the reasons that friendlies got a bad name under Sven. Instead of using them to try out players/formations, he did in competetive games (4-5-1 against N. Ireland), and then in the World Cup! I didn't have a problem with Aaron Lennon being 'gambled' on, but really he should've been given a proper look in long before the tournament.

Don't you just hate it when you get a players name on your new shirt and you find out their about to leave probably :(

Patrick Gerrbrand looks set to leave Leicester for Fredrickstad or someone. Fucks sake.

That's why I don't do it. :P

To be fair, it's been nearly impossible to get a shirt printed supporting Spurs over the last ten years. Players seemed to either get sold on quickly, or just never play. God bless the new younger generation - I'm getting Huddlestone or Keane this year methinks.

Fucks sake his contract was cancelled tonight. I'm fucking pissed. Our manager said no one would be leaving only three weeks ago, so I made the trip to Leicester to get the shirt with Gerrbrand on - spent 50 quid on it. If I don't get a fucking replacement or refund I'm going to unleash fucking hell.

If he had at least kicked a ball this season it wouldn't be so fucking bad.

Find the quote on a website or something of them saying no-one would be leaving and print it out and take it and the shirt back to the shop, they should give you another. If not complain to the trading standards and then you'll get a new shirt.

I bought a Bradford City shirt for my nephew a few months back and had Cadamarteri put on the back for him. Then he got busted for drugs. They had no qualms about changing the shirt.

EDIT: Hopefully Windass will stay the whole season as I'm getting his name on the new City shirt when it comes out.

Edited by The LBTN

Mad. Didn't think that would work. I got 'Keane 22' on my Spurs shirt when he first signed. D'ya think I could go back to where I got it now (3 Years later) and complain that he is now no.10 and that I want a new shirt? :D

Edited by Rage

Primera Liga side Deportivo La Coruna have signed Spanish defender Antonio Barragan from Liverpool in a deal worth 1m euros (£680,000).

The Reds reserved the right to buy back the player after the second or third year for 700,000 euros (£475,000).

The 19-year-old made just one senior appearance for Rafael Benitez's side - against CSKA Sofia last August - since leaving Sevilla last summer.

Deportivo finished eighth in the Spanish league last season.

Edited by E. Von Dahl killed therockbox

It's not exactly a transfer, well I guess you could say it is, but Martin O'Neill is set to give a decision on the Aston Villa job, with sources claiming he is leaning towards a return to management.

So, basically, you're all screwed if he joins. Villa for the league¬!

:shifty:

BBC

Edited by Lost Soul

It's not exactly a transfer, well I guess you could say it is, but Martin O'Neill is set to give a decision on the Aston Villa job, with sources claiming he is leaning towards a return to management.

So, basically, you're all screwed if he joins. Villa for the league¬!

:shifty:

Edited by BillyGunnPinchedMyBum

Martin O'Neill is a fantastic pundit, if he goes we're stuck with Alan Shearer and Ian Wright.

Good, I actually like Alan Shearer, it doesn't take him a year to get a sentence out.

I also don't like it when current club managers are used as pundits for games, especially on games in the same league as their own.

Edited by alldawson

Martin O'Neill is without a doubt one of the most talented managers around, yes I am a Leicester fan and I suppose I do have a byest view but he has been a success everywhere he's been.

He took Wycombe Wanderers from relegation towards the giddy heights of promotion. He never got a chance at Norwich because we nabbed him...and he turned a Division 1 team with Division 1 quality players into one of the top teams in the country. He then took Celtic to the Champions League Semi's and cemented them as the top Scottish team - miles ahead of Rangers.

His ability is to be able to find every players best points and push them, Heskey is no way a brillant all-round striker - but under O'Neill (and helped by him of course being younger) he was pushed into a style of play that suited him. Not to mention O'Neill can process what the opposion does and adjust accordingly.

Aston Villa need this man, and I hope he signs - he's been away too long.