Transfer Talk

Steeb

• Replies 672
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

West Ham in takeover discussions

West Ham are having "exploratory discussions" over a possible takeover.

The move comes hot on the heels of the club luring Argentine pair Carlos Tevez and Javier Mascherano to the club.

"Discussions are at an early stage and there can be no certainty that an offer for West Ham will be forthcoming," said a club statement to the Stock Exchange.

"The board also confirms that there is no contractual link between the signing of the players (Tevez and Mascherano) and the bid discussions."

More to follow.

Guest Ringy Bangs Dennis' Mom

William Gallas > Ashley Cole. Whereas Cole is indubitably the better left back of the too, Gallas was a little bit the unsong hero of the Chelsea team. Whereas Terry made the key saves and got the plaudits for it, Gallas was the one who was marking the other player to death. He'll do a fine job at Arsenal.

But, in any case, both Cole and Gallas are complaining, cheating twats and I'd like if their knees broke :shifty:

And not for nothing, but Baptista won the Spanish press' award for top diver last season, so I really hope he doesn't become another Drogba and that he stays on his two feet, because he's still fun to watch nonetheless.

Denilson agrees Arsenal deal

Arsenal are reported to have signed Brazilian teenager Denilson, although there has been no confirmation from The Emirates Stadium.

The Premier League have announced that the 18-year-old has signed for The Gunners, subject to receiving international clearance.

If the deal is ratified, Denilson will be joining from Sao Paulo and he is a highly-rated defensive midfielder.

Denilson would link up with compatriots Gilberto Silva and Julio Baptista in North London and could eventually cost Arsenal £4 million.

Meanwhile, Gunners boss Arsene Wenger has revealed he is thankful that the Ashley Cole transfer saga is finally over.

Cole concluded his protracted move to Premiership champions Chelsea on Thursday in a deal which saw William Gallas head in the opposite direction.

Wenger said: "It was a big day yesterday and obviously it dragged on for a long time.

"It's good to have everybody focused on the main target which is to play good football and respond to the ambitions of Arsenal Football Club.

"The positive thing is that it is finally over.

"It was the wish of Ashley Cole to go to Chelsea and the wish of William Gallas to come to us, so I'm relieved it has happened."

Source: Sky Sports

Well that's odd. Didn't the transfer window close last night? :shifty:

Although not as odd as the fact there was a news article on my FM game telling me someone had signed him just as I read this bit of news. Odd eh?

Well he's awesome on FM...let's hope the logic of "awesome players on FM=awesome players in real life" continues with him...if he has signed of course.

I'm not sure if it's been posted here already or not, but the reported fee for the Mascherano/Tevez deal is a joint £1m.

I also heard something along the lines of them being available for £30m (for the pair) after this year.

I read one of the papers this morning. I can't remember which one. The one Richard & Judy have a column in.

* Kia Joorabchian says it's not him that's in talks with West Ham over a takeover

* Mascherano says he joined West Ham because Lionel Scaloni said it was a good club, and he's a fan of Nigel Reo-Coker

* Tevez and Mascherano cost £5m, but there's some kind of minimum fee at which point MSI can start negotiating moves for the players - MSI hope to start a bidding war, which is where they'll make their money back. Something like that.