Transfer Talk

Steeb

So yeah, transfers are back. So far we have:

Jimmy Bullard - Wigan To Fulham - £2.5mill.

Tim Howard - Man. Utd. To Everton - Season Loan

Cory Gibbs - Feyenord To Charlton - Free, Dependant On Work Permit

Chris Lucketti - Preston To Sheff. Utd. - £300,000

And of course, Michael Ballack - To Chelsea - Free, 3 Year Deal.

Credit to bbc.co.uk/sport for all of them.

Li Tie is also rumoured to be going to Sheff. Utd. after being released by Everton, and Chimbonda is apparantly unhappy with the £6mill. price tag he's been given, with several offers lower than that from Spurs being rejected.

Some interesting ones there though. Bullard could do alright for Fulham if they lose Malbranque as expected - he's been transfer listed, IIRC. Cory Gibbs sounds interesting, supposedly a good player from what I've heard. And Ballack is definately interesting if for no other reason than wondering where he'll be played.

If I've made any mistakes or anything, let me know, obviously.

• Replies 672
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Everton are looking to get Wolves' Joleon Lescott I hear.

Stuart Pearce has said Manchester City will be in the hunt for Shaun Wright-Phillips if Chelsea loan him out.

And since it's the Summer I'm sure we'll be hearing people linking Spurs with everyone who's available for a transfer.

Don't forget the rumours of:

Pires to announce after the CL final whether he will stay at Arsenal or go to Villareal on a free.

Henry to announce news on his future and possibly sign a contract extension before the World Cup.

Coninuing speculation on Ashley Cole's future with a possibly switch to Real Madrid.

Ian Wright's a clown, so I'll tend to just go with the opposite of what he says. It's just that I can see SWP being the type of player Benitez is interested in, along with Pennant. I think we'll sign either one of those two, hopefully Phillips.

Guest DirtyFoot

I think it's highly likely that Shevchenko will becoming to the Bridge with Gallas going the other direction, either way it seems Willly G is out with Ballack coming an taking his beloved number 13 shirt.

I think it's highly likely that Shevchenko will becoming to the Bridge with Gallas going the other direction, either way it seems Willly G is out with Ballack coming an taking his beloved number 13 shirt.

You could say Shevy's as good as on his way. AC Milan have said he's not for sale, which is football talk for "cough up a shit load more money and we'll talk", which as we all know, Chelsea will have no problem doing. I see Shevchenko getting utterly pissed if Milan stop him from going. If/when it does happen, I expect to see Crespo and Gallas going to Milan as part of the deal because Crespo wants out as well and Mourinho's letting him go.

Guest DirtyFoot

I'm not to happy with the Shevy thing, don't get me wrong I think he's a great player one of the Worlds best, but it's more of an Abramovich signing then a Mourinho one. On the other hand tho all of Mourinho signings have been suspect, so I suppose we'll just have to wait and see how it pans out.

I'm not to happy with the Shevy thing, don't get me wrong I think he's a great player one of the Worlds best, but it's more of an Abramovich signing then a Mourinho one. On the other hand tho all of Mourinho signings have been suspect, so I suppose we'll just have to wait and see how it pans out.

Who do you support by the way? I seem to recall you saying somewhere that you're a Chelsea fan, and not being happy about signing Shevchenko? The guys behind only Henry and Ronaldinho in terms of being the best striker in the world, how can ya not be happy?

Who do you support by the way? I seem to recall you saying somewhere that you're a Chelsea fan, and not being happy about signing Shevchenko? The guys behind only Henry and Ronaldinho in terms of being the best striker in the world, how can ya not be happy?

Guest muddatrucker

Mourinho has FM2006 sydrome, homegrown is boring, buy big and sell youth, its a nice idea, I do it too.

I'd love to have Gallas at Arsenal, but unless Gallas buys out his contract and signs for us, it won't happen, whats to stop Arsenal giving him the 5 million? I imagine thats pretty much against the rules, maybe they could leave an unmarked briefcase in the Emirates stadium, finders, keepers, losers, weepers and all that :shifty:

Real Madrid proved that having the biggest names doesn't necessarily equate to having the best team. Maybe he'd prefer a home grown youngster. Like a non-shit Carlton Cole.

True...but I think it's fair to say that a lot of the players who went to Real Madrid in the "buy everyone remotely good" phase they were/are going through sort of started 'phoning in' their performance. A lot of them let their ridiculous price tags go to their head and seemed to think that turning up for the game was good enough.

Whether Shevchenko would be like that I don't know, but I don't think he would. Besides, if he goes to Chelsea, they have Mourinho who won't put up with shit from his players. Although there is the problem of Shevchenko and Abramovich being buddies, which could really screw things up for Chelsea if something goes wrong. Anyway, if they did sign him, they would finally have a reliable goal-scoring striker who isn't a prick.

Tottenham have agreed a fee of £10.9m for Bayer Leverkusen's Bulgarian striker Dimitar Berbatov.

He has agreed personal terms and will sign on 1 July, subject to being granted a work permit.

Berbatov, 25, told Spurs' website: "Tottenham is a club that is building something special.

"The squad has some terrific young players, an excellent manager and coaching staff and I am looking forward to playing my part."

Confirmation of the Spurs/Berbatov transfer deal from BBC.

Chelsea are apparently in for Roberto Carlos.

A few years ago, I'dve taken him in a second but surely there's better options out there? If Bridge could stay fit then I'd happily have him as first choice left-back. I'd probably play Del Horno ahead of Carlos as well.

Let's just sign Heinze and be done with it :shifty: