Transfer Talk

Steeb

• Replies 672
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Indeed it is. You know you've got a big fine when it's enough to buy the most overpaid, overrated wastrels in professional sport and still have enough left for a fleet of sports cars for them to drive you around in.

Chimbonda to Spurs updates, anyone?

Still don't think we'll be relegated, so I see no real chance of Vieira going anywhere. And there's about a one in a million chance that he'll show up at Newcastle, that's just pure bollocks.

Zambrotta to Madrid? Don't see that happening either, although it'd make perfect sense if Carlos is leaving. Zambrotta's a great left back.

As for Zlatan, it's beyond me as to why Real Madrid would want him. I rate him greatly but good god, they've already got Ronaldo, Cassano, Raul and Robinho. Sure it's all good adding to your squad, but really it's beyond me as to why they don't keep starting Cassano and Robinho together, they're better finishers than Zlatan as well. He's a great player who I personally feel needs to get into the mood of scoring more, because he's great outside of that. If he was to go anywhere, it'd be Milan IMO.

Nice to see us sign Zanetti. Not a super player but it's a nice addition to the squad :)

Still don't think we'll be relegated, so I see no real chance of Vieira going anywhere. And there's about a one in a million chance that he'll show up at Newcastle, that's just pure bollocks.

Zambrotta to Madrid? Don't see that happening either, although it'd make perfect sense if Carlos is leaving. Zambrotta's a great left back.

As for Zlatan, it's beyond me as to why Real Madrid would want him. I rate him greatly but good god, they've already got Ronaldo, Cassano, Raul and Robinho. Sure it's all good adding to your squad, but really it's beyond me as to why they don't keep starting Cassano and Robinho together, they're better finishers than Zlatan as well. He's a great player who I personally feel needs to get into the mood of scoring more, because he's great outside of that. If he was to go anywhere, it'd be Milan IMO.

Nice to see us sign Zanetti. Not a super player but it's a nice addition to the squad :)

As someone who goes to Uni in Newcastle, it is a big club. They're one of the few clubs who fill their ground every week, regardless of whether its Man Utd or Portsmouth, are in Europe and have some decent players in Owen, Parker, Emre, Given and Solano. They pay big wages as well.

Most footballers don't give a shit about loyalty anyway, Vieira will go to the highest bidder.

Zanetti will be good in Serie B ;)

I wish Zlatan would come to the premiership, along with Nedved.

Nedved in the premiership would be brilliant, although I'm not sure there's much chance of it. If anything happened to Juventus like relegation, which I still don't think will happen, then I could see him just hanging up his boots like he was going to a while back. Although I still think he's got one last super season left inside of him.

Ronaldo is nearly finished.

As for the Viera link being bollax, I find that statement remarkable. Honestly, don't write anything off. People said that Owen going to Newcastle was "bollax". (Y)

Shevchenko moves to Chelsea

Premiership champions Chelsea have confirmed the signing of Milan striker Andrei Shevchenko for a club record fee.

The Ukraine international had spent most of Wednesday discussing a move to Stamford Bridge after asking to leave Milan.

Shevchenko had enjoyed seven seasons with the Rossoneri, but asked for a transfer due to family reasons.

The Italian titans grudgingly acceded to the 29-year-old's demands and he has now agreed a four-year contract with Chelsea.

The Ukraine Football Federation had claimed that The Blues had stumped up €36 million (£24.5 million) for the fearsome hot shot, while previous reports had suggested that Chelsea would have to splash out a British record fee of £35 million to secure Shevchenko's signature.

Though Chelsea have not divulged the exact amount, the figure does eclipse the £24.4 million the club paid Lyon for Michael Essien last summer.

Shevchenko has expressed his delight at joining The Premiership's big-spenders and is happy to have his future resolved before the World Cup finals.

"I am here for the challenge and the excitement of playing in The Premier League," Shevchenko told the club's official website.

"I am going from one big club to another and joining a team of champions.

"There is a right moment to join a football club and I think I have arrived here at the perfect time.

"The Champions League has to be a realistic target for next season, but it is not just about the Champions League. Chelsea is going for their third Premiership as well and I like the club's mentality of wanting to win every game they play.

"I have followed Mr Mourinho's career carefully for the last few years and have been hugely impressed with the way he manages.

"He puts team ethic before individual expression which is the way I believe great teams are created.

"Had money been my motivation for coming, I would probably have stayed in Milan.

"I am pleased that Chelsea managed to conclude everything before the World Cup - I can go to Germany with a clear mind and proud to be a Chelsea player."

Jose Mourinho could not contain his joy at signing Shevchenko - the player he claims is the one he has wanted to sign since his appointment as Chelsea boss two years ago.

The Portuguese said: "Today is a day when the dream became reality. Andrei has always been my first choice for Chelsea since I arrived. Before it was not possible, now it is for real. He has great qualities, ambition, discipline, tactical awareness and of course he is a great goalscorer.

"I did not need to meet with him to convince him about Chelsea, in the same way we did not need to talk a lot about why I wanted him. Everybody knows him as a player, tactically he can play in the Chelsea system no doubt.

"Milan is a big club, a great club, but for him to leave Milan for Chelsea is a big statement about where Chelsea is. He is a champion and he is joining a team of champions. I have already spoken to some of our players and they are looking forward to playing with him. Great players want to play with other great players."

Shevchenko becomes Mourinho's third capture since the end of the season, with Michael Ballack and Salomon Kalou already agreeing moves to West London.

Source: Sky Sports

Well, it was coming, not a surprise really, but if there is one in there it's gotta be the fee. It was said to be about £35m originally, but it's only just more than they paid for Michael Essien. As much as I despise Chelsea, it'll be good to see Sheva in the Premiership finally. Still think it'll take him time to adapt seen as he had to play at such a crappy slow pace in Italy, especially considering how badly Rebrov didn't adapt. Although, with Sheva it's probably more a case of "when he adapts" instead of "if he adapts".

Rebrov adapted, did well, then Glenn Hoddle took over and decided he didn't like him, its a completely different situation.

The rest of the league are now officially fucked though.

The rest of the league were fucked anyway...guess Shevchenko justs makes it official <_<

Rebrov actually did something? I really don't remember him playing decently at all.

Guest Ringo Mars

Aside from the obvious "Sheva's play will clash with Lampard" comment (which Mourinho will probably fix), here's the deal with Sheva: He's outstanding and rivals Henry with his gameplay with one exception. He's a weakling and he's injury prone. Over the last 2 and a half years, he's only played 65-70% of Milan's games, due to what Carlo Ancelotti has described as "the rough and physical nature of Italian football". Now, it doesn't take a genius to say that the Premiership has eons of twats trying to take out legs and make a name for themselves and is about a million times rougher than Italy, so I'm curious as to how exactly Sheva will fair with the physicality.

Edited by Ringo Mars

Aside from the obvious "Sheva's play will clash with Lampard" comment (which Mourinho will probably fix), here's the deal with Sheva: He's outstanding and rivals Henry with his gameplay with one exception. He's a weakling and he's injury prone. Over the last 2 and a half years, he's only played 65-70% of Milan's games, due to what Carlo Ancelotti has described as "the rough and physical nature of Italian football". Now, it doesn't take a genius to say that the Premiership has eons of twats trying to take out legs and make a name for themselves and is about a million times rougher than Italy, so I'm curious as to how exactly Sheva will fair with the physicality.

I wouldn't expect him to play in more than 50% of his side's games a year.

Edited by Lost Soul