Transfer Talk

Steeb

• Replies 672
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

After getting knocked back on the Carrick and Diarra front, Ferguson is looking for a new "new Roy Keane" in midfield still. The Guardian reported yesterday that he was looking at Porto's 29 year-old midfielder Petit, who I believe is left-sided, so they might play him on the wing if they get him and move people around. Or just play him in the middle and tell him to get on with it, ala Alan Smith.

United were looking to have their transfer dealings over with by the beginning of the World Cup, but right now it's halfway through the first phase and they're yet to bring in a man.

Oh dear oh dear.

He's apparently given up on Carrick now, which is good news indeed.

Petit is too old and not good enough for United. I'd prefer we get Muntari, at least he's young. Mascherano would be a better option IMO, but with Chelsea's link to Corinthians I can't see it happening.

Davids to Ajax, reports Spurs (sent via text)

Edited by Hipster Doofus

• Admin

Petit is too old and not good enough for United. I'd prefer we get Muntari, at least he's young. Mascherano would be a better option IMO, but with Chelsea's link to Corinthians I can't see it happening.

Davids to Ajax, reports Spurs (sent via text)

Davids not to Ajax, report Ajax (via Sky Sports)

Spurs can't even get their own facts straight.

>_<

Chelsea are interested in Philip Lahm according to The Sun.

From the same source, apparantly Marseilles still want Cisse from Liverpool during this transfer window, even if he won't be back until October. £6.5million is the figure quoted.

Probably been brought up, but I am mega pissed that Chopra has left for Cardiff...I know it was his decision (We offered him a new contract and everything, but I'm angry). Now Newcastle officially have 2 strikers. Michael Owen (Who was rather injury prone last season) and Shola Ameobi...whilst Roeder knows how to get the best out of Ameobi, it's still nowhere near good enough to play week in week out. We need at least 2/3 strikers to be brought in during the summer. It doesn't ahve to be 2/3 world class strikers, just competent premiership strikers. Stern John would be nice :shifty:.

Well, neither would you if you'd come from Deportivo and European football and a hot climate and food beyond pie and chips. [/stereotypes]

Larm could be pretty good for Chelsea, given his World Cup and the fact that they need a decent left-back, and apparently if Wayne Bridge starts a game at Chelsea the world will be sucked into a black hole (come up with a better theory, I dare you).

I'd expect people to start making moves for Carlos Tevez during or after the tournament, traditionally South American players move across the pond once they've had a really good chance to put themselves in the shop window, which he's got the opportunity to do right now.

LIVERPOOL have made a formal £6m bid for Blackburn striker Craig Bellamy.

Rafa Benitez has ended speculation surrounding his much publicised search for a top striker by testing the validity of claims Bellamy has an exit clause in his contract.

With Bellamy desperate for a transfer to Anfield, Liverpool now expect to be given permission to talk to the Welsh striker.

The 25-year-old is certain to react to today's developments by urging his club to accept the offer.

The outcome of talks between Bellamy and Benitez will then determine if Liverpool want to press ahead with a deal.

It's known Benitez harboured concerns about the off-field history of the centre-forward, but the players' footballing skills have made him the most highly rated of all those Premiership-based stars linked with a move to Liverpool.

Blackburn were one of the most improved teams in the Premiership last season, largely down to Bellamy's goalscoring threat and contribution. The Spanish boss will now want to meet Bellamy and assess if he has the right mentality to join his club.

Bellamy's eagerness for the transfer, however, has already proven an influential factor and he's unlikely to blow his opportunity now.

The former Newcastle and Coventry striker jumped to the top of the wanted list following Djibril Cisse's unfortunate injury, but his £6m clause always made a Reds bid likely.

Benitez already rated Bellamy above the likes of Darren Bent and Jermaine Defoe, but was cautious due to his bad boy reputation.

The loss of an £8m kitty due to Cisse's injury made Benitez feel Bellamy's bargain price made him a risk worth taking. Bellamy is also a boyhood Liverpudlian having hero worshipped the legendary Ian Rush as a youngster.

His imminent arrival could trigger a busy period, as the Red have also increased their offer for Daniel Alves to an estimated £10m.

Alves is also determined to move to Merseyside, but Seville are holding on for £12m. Marseille are negotiating a possible loan deal for Djibril Cisse, but no agreement has been reached for the injured striker yet.

We've now been given permission to talk to Bellamy, so it looks like that the £6 million clause was there. It'll be interesting to see if we sign him though, especially as Blackburn are reported to have offerted him a new £65,000 per week deal.