World Cup 2006

Dan

Mine was something like an AUS/JAP 1-1 draw, a Czech Republic win and an Italy win.

It is a comment that may come back to bite me on the arse, but I found the number of people who actually feel the US will beat the Czech Republic laughable.

Mine was something like an AUS/JAP 1-1 draw, a Czech Republic win and an Italy win.

It is a comment that may come back to bite me on the arse, but I found the number of people who actually feel the US will beat the Czech Republic laughable.

Me too.

The Japan/Australia match can go either way. The Aussies are tough dudes, so they'll probably play really physical against the skinny Japanese, but Japan showed against Germany that they have a lot of potential, and their coach is the legendary Zico! :pervert:

Czech beat USA, I can see the Czech Republic being the first "big" football country to easily win (Germany hard time with Costa Rica, Netherlands - Portugal - England win with only 1-0, Mexico have hard time with Iran). I don't see USA going "far" like last time World Cup.

Italy will have a harder time with Ghana. I have faith in Ghana, I think they are able to pull off a shocker with a bit of luck. But it's Italy and they ALWAYS have luck, so they'll probably win 2-1.

You tell South Korea that..... :shifty:

Me too.

The Japan/Australia match can go either way. The Aussies are tough dudes, so they'll probably play really physical against the skinny Japanese, but Japan showed against Germany that they have a lot of potential, and their coach is the legendary Zico! :pervert:

Czech beat USA, I can see the Czech Republic being the first "big" football country to easily win (Germany hard time with Costa Rica, Netherlands - Portugal - England win with only 1-0, Mexico have hard time with Iran). I don't see USA going "far" like last time World Cup.

Italy will have a harder time with Ghana. I have faith in Ghana, I think they are able to pull off a shocker with a bit of luck. But it's Italy and they ALWAYS have luck, so they'll probably win 2-1.

Me too.

My memory is vague, care to elaborate? Did South Korea beat Italy in 2002 or something?

South Korea beat Italy, and IIRC Italy had about 2 good goals disallowed, and a whole manner of other shit decisions against them.

I hate Italy, so I loved it.

EDIT: The above may have been for one of Korea's other matches, I can't remember for sure.

Edited by HGwannabe

Me too.

Me too.

My memory is vague, care to elaborate? Did South Korea beat Italy in 2002 or something?

South Korea beat Italy, and IIRC Italy had about 2 good goals disallowed, and a whole manner of other shit decisions against them.

I hate Italy, so I loved it.

EDIT: The above may have been for one of Korea's other matches, I can't remember for sure.

Didn't Italy have someone wrongly sent off in that game too?

Possibly, I can't reemmber. It was all a bit Pete Tong, basically.

Me too.

Guest Ringo Mars

I just heard the phrase:

"Lovely touch for a big man"

for the first time this tournament....

Edited by Ringo Mars