World Cup 2006

Dan

World Cup Countdown

It's HERE!

So Pre-Tournament favourites are of course Brazil.

Other teams in the mix are England, France, Germany, Netherlands, Argentina and the Czechs.

I really do think this world cup is going to be one of the best, can't wait.

Edited by RevolutionDanSquad

My surprise nation this year are Ukraine. But I truly sense that Brazil, Germany, and the Netherlands are the top 3 sides going into the Cup. That said, it wouldn't surprise me to see France make it to the 3rd Place match given, if everything lines up as I think, their weak level of competition.

Holy shit... 11 days. Jesus that time's gonna fast.

Anyway, I'm tipping Holland this year. I have been ever since the groups were drawn, they've got a good young squad and, from what I remember, if they get through their group okay then their root to the semis isn't stupidly difficult.

As for England, eh... i'm going to be severely disappointed if we don't win it.. although I fully expect us to go out in the quarters or semis. I just don't see us having as good a chance as we do this year for a long time.

Oh, and anyone writing off Germany will no doubt be eating their words soon. Seriously, they may be pretty crap but they have home advantage and they always seem to pull it out in the big tournaments. Let's not forget, they were crap in Japan & Korea and they still got to tthe final.

Holy shit... 11 days. Jesus that time's gonna fast.

Anyway, I'm tipping Holland this year. I have been ever since the groups were drawn, they've got a good young squad and, from what I remember, if they get through their group okay then their root to the semis isn't stupidly difficult.

As for England, eh... i'm going to be severely disappointed if we don't win it.. although I fully expect us to go out in the quarters or semis. I just don't see us having as good a chance as we do this year for a long time.

Oh, and anyone writing off Germany will no doubt be eating their words soon. Seriously, they may be pretty crap but they have home advantage and they always seem to pull it out in the big tournaments. Let's not forget, they were crap in Japan & Korea and they still got to tthe final.

Yeah, it's so fucking depressing knowing that the US could've actually beaten Germany. In more ways than one.

Guest Ringo Mars

My surprise nation this year are Ukraine. But I truly sense that Brazil, Germany, and the Netherlands are the top 3 sides going into the Cup. That said, it wouldn't surprise me to see France make it to the 3rd Place match given, if everything lines up as I think, their weak level of competition.

I looking forward to seeing how the US does this year, they have a ways to grow but I am hoping that they can make it out of group stages again this year and anything after that is going to be tough espesially finishing secound in the group would likely draw Brazil in the next round. The warm up games to the WC for them were nothing special so I am hoping that they were just resting rather then just not performing well.