World Cup 2006

Dan

ahahaha nice Crouchy, nice.

Eh, he's still awesome.

Hat trick for Crouchy!

Get in.

Just don't give him any penalties over the next month or so and we'll be fine.

EDIT ~ Stupid flood control.

Edited by Whisper in the Wind

Well, Jamaica were pissing all over England's play in the first five minutes. I go for a sleep, and when I come back they are 6 down? :(

Honestly, they aren't a bad side. I've seen worse.

I join TheArsenal in my non-rating of Crouch although his chest down was the best thing he did all day. His first goal was going wide before it pinged back at 90 degrees. His penalty miss was hilarious and he did give the ball away quite a lot. Still after scoring three you gotta keep him in.

Owen did pretty well and Lampard and Gerrard did their jobs nicely.

Joe Cole is buzzing at just the right time and Downing did alright down the left.

Carrick did well after coming on but Lennon looked nervous, unsurprising in his first game - he seemed too worried to go on forward runs.

Campbell and Bridge didn't look good enough, also we just ponced around too much giving the ball away and rushing the passes. For periods we played as they did rather than controlling. They shouldn't have had the number of shots they did.

We scored 6 but we weren't commanding enough.

Crouch gave the ball away THREE times in 97 minutes.

I counted, just because I knew someone would say something.

We weren't commanding enough? You sound like the total cunts off TalkSport who wouldn't be happy if England beat Brazil 14-0 because we gave the ball away once.

I thought Campbell looked very solid. Even more so than Tery with that appauling howler to let in Jamaica. It's only thanks to Robinson that Terry didn't cost us a goal.

Bwahaha.

Campbell made a mistake in the second half to gift them a chance too.

Terry made one mistake, so did Campbell.

I'm just glad it's Sven who is picking the squad.

I join TheArsenal in my non-rating of Crouch although his chest down was the best thing he did all day. His first goal was going wide before it pinged back at 90 degrees. His penalty miss was hilarious and he did give the ball away quite a lot. Still after scoring three you gotta keep him in.

Joe Cole is buzzing at just the right time and Downing did alright down the left.

Carrick did well after coming on but Lennon looked nervous, unsurprising in his first game - he seemed too worried to go on forward runs.

Campbell and Bridge didn't look good enough, also we just ponced around too much giving the ball away and rushing the passes. For periods we played as they did rather than controlling. They shouldn't have had the number of shots they did.

Ha, what game were you watching? I think you can count the number of times he's given the ball away in the last two games on one hand. That's one of his best qualities, his link up play. He rarely gives the ball away.

And how can you say his chest down was the best thing he did when he played a huge part in the first goal, scored 3 with his third being an extremely well taken goal. Seriously, I think people need to actually pay more attention to the little things players do, like their movement off the ball and such. For example, when Owen was offside in the first half, the way Crouch's run towards the ball pulled the defender with him allowing the space for Owen. Something which rarely seems to get noticed, I'mm just glad they brought it up in the studio so it's not completely forgotten about. If Rooney did something like that everyone would be going mad yet, just because it's someone like Crouch, no one really cares.

Having said that, the penalty was ridiculously bad.

Also, I admit Joe Cole is playing well at the moment but he did very little today other than a few nice touches. Although he did impress me defensively once or twice today which is always a bonus.

Edited by Whisper in the Wind

Sure it was a confidence boost, it was a warm up game, we scored 6 and, after the first 10 minutes, dominated for the next 30 but it did seem like England were allowing themselves to be rushed a little into playing Jamaica's more frantic game.

That was my opinion, watching on TV anyway. I'm sure it would have seemed different actually being there.

If they're in the same ranking 'secton' as Trinidad then I now feel more confident about that game but I'm just a natural pessimist and have the sort of views that make England fans hated by foreigners.

Ha, what game were you watching? I think you can count the number of times he's given the ball away in the last two games on one hand. That's one of his best qualities, his link up play. He rarely gives the ball away.

And how can you say his chest down was the best thing he did when he played a huge part in the first goal, scored 3 with his third being an extremely well taken goal. Seriously, I think people need to actually pay more attention to the little things players do, like their movement off the ball and such. For example, when Owen was offside in the first half, the way Crouch's run towards the ball pulled the defender with him allowing the space for Owen. Something which rarely seems to get noticed, I'mm just glad they brought it up in the studio so it's not completely forgotten about. If Rooney did something like that everyone would be going mad yet, just because it's someone like Crouch, no one really cares.

Having said that, the penalty was ridiculously bad.

Ahhhh but the chest down WAS brilliant. (Y)

Edited by ChrisSteeleAteMyHamster