World Cup 2006

Dan

Okay so Australia might make it to the second round 'cause Japan beat Malta 1-0 and that just sucks ass and Croatia got beat by Poland (Croatia isn't what it once was). So I won't say the Aussies won't get through but if they do get through they won't do it with the kind of football that is enjoyable to watch you know. They'll probably defend like hell against a side like Japan.

Guest Ringo Mars

Arguments like "Your team hasn't been to the WC in 29098 years therefore they suck" are fucking retarded, a country which was never that good at the game can hit its stride suddenly and provide a solid starting XI (ie 1974 Holland). By using that logic, you may as well say that Uruguay has won two WCs, they must be world superpower that can beat everyone to death. It's shoddy, lazy and reaks of stupidity.

People need to stop slagging the US. We aren't a great side, and, honestly, I'm a bit worried about us getting out of group play, but for a country who's best athletes, unlike the rest of the worlds, don't play the game, we're a decent side.

Guest muddatrucker

Ignore Lost Soul, he's been a complete cunt throughout the duration of this thread, he got owned over the Rooney issue and he needed another arguement in a desperate chance of winning, he wont, he's a cock.

I know for a fact Australia will not win the WC.

What a stupid thing to say, really. You don't know 'for a fact' that Australia won't win the World Cup. It's unlikely, but it's not fact that they won't.

Edited by Lost Soul

Arguments like "Your team hasn't been to the WC in 29098 years therefore they suck" are fucking retarded, a country which was never that good at the game can hit its stride suddenly and provide a solid starting XI (ie 1974 Holland). By using that logic, you may as well say that Uruguay has won two WCs, they must be world superpower that can beat everyone to death. It's shoddy, lazy and reaks of stupidity.

Guest muddatrucker

Says him that thinks it's "cool" to come on a message board and play the "cunt" role.

And what role are you playing?

I know for a fact Australia will not win the WC.

What a stupid thing to say, really. You don't know 'for a fact' that Australia won't win the World Cup. It's unlikely, but it's not fact that they won't.

Oh, come on, it was a figure of speech.

No, it's a figure of speech when you're referring to something that's a fact, which you weren't.

I said bringing Defoe wasn't pointless. They'll use him as a substitute in the group stages if needs be. Rooney will travel too, but he won't be playing in the group stages.

You clearly don't understand that Defoe going to Germany does not mean he is in the 23-man squad. Either Rooney or Defoe will be chosen in the 23. Sven must make that decision by June 8th. We all know he's going to pick Rooney, fit or not. You can't have Defoe play as a sub in the group and then replace him with Rooney. It's one or the other. Defoe's only in Germany for the possibility that Sven changes his mind on Rooney, which we're all 99.9% confident that he won't.

Edited by alldawson

Says him that thinks it's "cool" to come on a message board and play the "cunt" role.

And what role are you playing?

I don't play roles.

And really, I don't see how I was "owned" over the Rooney topic. :ohwell:

I said bringing Defoe wasn't pointless. They'll use him as a substitute in the group stages if needs be. Rooney will travel too, but he won't be playing in the group stages.

Guest muddatrucker

And thats how you got owned, its like me going in an Ice Hockey thread and spouting some crap when I don't even know the rules.

EDIT: Unfortunately its too late for you to come and make the save as you've already shown that you didn't understand the rules behind Defoes inclusion. Cursing? fuck off back to sunday school you tart.

Edited by muddatrucker

And thats how you got owned, its like me going in an Ice Hockey thread and spouting some crap when I don't even know the rules.

Edited by Lost Soul

EDIT: Unfortunately its too late for you to come and make the save as you've already shown that you didn't understand the rules behind Defoes inclusion. Cursing? fuck off back to sunday school you tart.

Edited by Lost Soul