World Cup 2006

Dan

Screw you all.

Germany will pull themselves together. They can play as a unit, they just need to get motivated; and where better to get motivated than in their own country, with the support of millions. I really think Germany can win it. Maybe this is just a burst-of-glory-moment, but what the hell.

Germany to beat Sweden hopefully. They look better than Sweden now at least. While they started shit, they've improved since then. And while I still don't think they're going any further once they come up against Argentina, I cant see the overrated Sweden knocking them out.

Not quite sure how that Mexico player got sent off today either, that second yellow was total bollocks. Not to mention they should of had a second penalty, in which case Portugal were a little lucky today.

I'd love to see England/Holland happen, although at the same time it'd be a joy to see them get revenge on Porutal for what happened at Euro 2004.

And cant wait for tomorrow. Italy HAVE to win, well sort of. They simply cant afford to come second, because if they do then they'll be meeting Brazil, which is just something you don't want happening so early. While I'd love to see it, I'd rather they avoid them in the next round and instead play Australia or whoever get's second place in the other group. Should be a brilliant day though because all four can qualify still, so it's all to play for.

Edited by Dirty Johnny 27

I was driving down the street today. There was a guy behind me in a Bronco honking his horn nearly incessantly. I look in my rear view, there's a Portuguese flag hanging from the antenna.

This is the first time I've ever seen that in America for soccer. Shame. I have for baseball, Yanks or Red Sox winning the ALCS against each other or the World Series. But not for soccer.

I predicted Italy and the Czechs to go through, and I'll stick with it. :)

Italy vs Czech Republic is one of my dream matches, so I'm enjoying this game.

And I might as well do it:

If America beat Ghana, and Italy beat the Czechs, Italy & USA qualify.

If America beat Ghana, and the Czechs beat Italy, Italy & Czech Republic qualify.

If Ghana beat America, and Italy beat the Czechs, Italy & Ghana qualify.

If Ghana beat America, and the Czechs beat Italy, Czech Republic & Ghana qualify.

If America draw with Ghana, and the Czechs draw with Italy, Italy & Czech Republic OR Ghana qualify (not sure how they'll decide it, probably on the Czech vs Ghana game result, in which case Ghana qualify as they won that game).

If America draw with Ghana, and the Czechs beat Italy, Czech Republic & Italy OR Ghana qualify (depending on goal difference).

If America draw with Ghana, and Italy beat the Czechs, Italy & Ghana qualify.

If America beat Ghana, and Italy draw with the Czechs, Italy & Czech Republic OR USA qualify (depending on goal difference).

If Ghana beat America, and Italy draw with the Czechs, Ghana & Italy qualify.

Basically, USA need Italy to win, and need to win as well.

Edited by The Kraig