World Cup 2006

Dan

I don't go as far as the win, but the penalties (after extra time, that is) we really deserved. France didn't play that much better than us.

To the rest of you, I respect your opinions. It isn't mine, but I respect yours. We'll see the ramifications this will bring now.

Player on player, France were better anyway. Sagnol, Thuram, Vieira and Zidane all had good games, with Henry and Ribery having their moments as well. Ronaldo, bar the diving, was good, Deco looked OK, Figo was invisible, Pauleta woeful, Maniche was ineffectual and Carvalho (who is undoubtedly class) was a mistake waiting to happen.

Scolari acted like a fucking bitch as well, even in the manner England lost you didn't see any English players or staff harassing the referee.

How does running down the wing's and then putting a low cross into Pauleta who is marked by 3 players and cross easily disposed by the defenders, how does this constitute as you deserving to win?

Or do you you have no concept of football whatsoever and when you play you concentrate on diving like your national team does so magnificently?

Name more oportunities from France, excluding the penalty.

1st minute, Malouda shoots wide after being feebly let through.

14th minute, Abidal crosses into the six yard box and just misses Henry.

28th minute, Henry's wasteful stab shot at goal.

48th minute, Ricardo saves from Henry.

49th minute, Ribery tests Ricardo.

55th minute, after nice work from Ribery, Zidane overhits a pass to Henry, who was through on goal.

With the help of the highlights and bbc.co.uk

Wow following yesterday's game that was a huge disappointment. Portugal for me played better overall but the inability to play the final ball and create a clear cut chance means they didn't deserve anything either in all honesty. I think France defended pretty well but they invited far too much pressure on to themselves and didn't seem to cope down the wing too well at all on the left. Italy/France could be a train wreck waiting to happen and Scolari is a twat, i'd be embarrassed if an England teamed dived that much, i can stand a little "simulation" but their just fucking ridiculous.

Did anyone else think Henry was fouled, almost regained his footing and then went down? No denying it was a foul but it almost look like he found his footing but then fell when he saw the ball go away. Of course i don't really care, at least the cheating bastards are out.

Oh and why in the hell does a team who needs a goal continue to play one up front, take their main striker off and player about forty winger's? Are they incapable of playing two up front. There's a reason They've score few goals this tournament and it's not because Scolari's a genius.

Edited by Visionary

Wow following yesterday's game that was a huge disappointment. Portugal for me played better overall but the inability to play the final ball and create a clear cut chance means they didn't deserve anything either in all honesty. I think France defended pretty well but they invited far too much pressure on to themselves and didn't seem to cope down the wing too well at all on the left. Italy/France could be a train wreck waiting to happen and Scolari is a twat, i'd be embarrassed if an England teamed dived that much, i can stand a little "simulation" but their just fucking ridiculous.

Did anyone else think Henry was fouled, almost regained his footing and then went down? No denying it was a foul but it almost look like he found his footing but then fell when he saw the ball go away. Of course i don't really care, at least the cheating bastards are out.

Oh and why in the hell does a team who needs a goal continue to play one up front, take their main striker off and player about forty winger's? Are they incapable of playing two up front. There's a reason They've score few goals this tournament and it's not because Scolari's a genius.