Liberty City Stories

Lowerdeck

I have been thinking about picking up Liberty City Stories for PS2 when it comes out tommorrow. I was a big fan of GTA3, hopefully this will be similar.

Anyone have the PSP version or know details about the PS2 version that want to say how good it is or not?

$19.99 is the rumored price tag and to me that makes it a must buy. But I fear it will be limited since it seems to be a direct port of the PSP version. I want it to take full use of the PS2 capabilities, but I feel it will be a let down after the great San Andreas.

I'm getting it. It's just a straight port of the PSP version pretty much without multiplayer, although I believe they've added to the soundtrack. I didn't get it for the PSP, so being half the price of the PSP version it's worth if you haven't got it yet.

I think to be honest LCS for PSP was greatly overrated. Don't get me wrong, it's an absolutely awesome feat to get a game with such a scale running on a handheld console, and GTA has always been fun, but I felt the story wasn't really that engaging, and I lost interest about halfway through. And the lack of a rock radio station was inexcusable. Although I loved putting in my own custom soundtrack.

If it's only fifteen quid, or twenty dollars, it's certainly worth getting (unless you have the PSP version already, I imagine), but don't expect too much from it, it's nowhere near San Andreas.

I bought it today and have only played a little of it so far. I didn't know the game area was almost exactly like GTA3 and it sucks that you can't swim like you could in GTA: SA but I think it's worth the twenty bucks I paid for it. As Dragsy said, the lack of a cool rock station sucks balls especially since they went out and got a bunch of good rap songs.

I did mark out like a bitch when I heard the Midnight Express theme though.

Guest Bluesman

I'll probably pick it up later tonight. So far the complaints I've seen are what Dragsy mentioned (story, same city) and the graphics. They don't really seem to bother me too much, so for $20 I'll pick it up. I know not to expect too much in length and such, and to be perfectly honest I've never completed a GTA game in my life, so I don't think that'll be an issue.

I feel let down by it after every thing that San Andreas was. No skills, swimming, etc, it all really upsets me. It's like they've taken select features from Vice City and SA and put it into Liberty City...

That and the lack of Michael Madsen as Toni :thumbsdown:

The guy they have sounds like a tard...

Still, I cannot call it a waste of money since I paid 20 bucks for it...

I'll probably get this when its out over here. I loved GTA3 to bits, and I actually have some form of insane love for the Portland Island. Seriously. I actually miss it sometimes.

Also, at a budget price, you can't really complain. I take it it's basically GTA3's City (which was the best anyway), with different missions? Cool if it is.

I'll probably get this when its out over here. I loved GTA3 to bits, and I actually have some form of insane love for the Portland Island. Seriously. I actually miss it sometimes.

Also, at a budget price, you can't really complain. I take it it's basically GTA3's City (which was the best anyway), with different missions? Cool if it is.

Guest clintcasey

Its basicaly the Vice City engine in GTA 3's city with a new story.

Edited by clintcasey

Its basicaly the Vice City engine in GTA 3's city with a new story.

• 2 weeks later...

I picked this up yesterday morning, and completed the storyline missions this morning. Only took 11 and a half hours (counting in all failed mission attempts etc). Now I just need to do the hidden packages, etc.

It does feel like a step back from San Andreas, and does have a very similar feel to Vice City. I really liked it though. It offered something a bit different in the storyline, having one focused goal rather than shifting between different allegiences. Very good game.