EWB World Cup 2006 Sweepstake

• Replies 115
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Any chance I can throw my name into the hat here for a team? I got Serbia and Montenegro in my work's sweepstake, so I'm hoping for something better here.

My pick for the World Cup are Holland with Shevchenko being the top scorer, 10-1 on Holland and 20-1 on Shevchenko, I shall be placing my bet on Friday.

logo.jpg

EWB VI Presents:

World Cup 2006 – Sweepstakes

The Draw

TAFKA: Here we are, the final 8 teams, the final 8 EWB members - the final 8 draw!

TAFKA: There are massive teams still left, the hosts Germany, England, Argentina, Spain to name a few. This is going to prove very interesting...

TAFKA: So, who's first?!

WCSweep-Spain.jpg

TAFKA: Viva Espanol! It's Spain who are the first out here!

TAFKA: Who has been drawn to Spain?

TAFKA: Its...HG WANNABE

TAFKA: Wannabe has himself a decent team here. He must fancy the Spanish to give this a good go.

Draw 25: HG Wannabe draws Spain

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

TAFKA: Who's going to be the 26th team drawn? England?

TAFKA: Funny how you say that...it's their arch rivals.

WCSweep-Germany.jpg

TAFKA: Despite how good they are - is anyone going to be happy if they draw the Germans?

TAFKA: Well, looks like THE SLICKMAN will have to make the decision himself.

Draw 26: The Slickman draws Germany

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

TAFKA: Two down, two huge sides gone! Who's next!

WCSweep-Argentina.jpg

TAFKA: Bloody Hell it's Argentina! The large teams are being drawn out now!

TAFKA: Not popular to the English EWB community, who will get the 'Argies?

TAFKA: Its...BE

TAFKA: Be gets his team, hopefully he'll be happy about it.

Draw 27: Be draws Argentina

TAFKA: Phew *wipes brow* Let's hope things cool down for a moment before I do myself a mischief...

TAFKA: Next is...

WCSweep-Paraguay.jpg

TAFKA: Paraguay, the first team England will play in the competition.

TAFKA: The EWB member against England this Saturday will be...

EDDIE G

Draw 28: Eddie G draws Paraguay

TAFKA: This is getting tense now, still no sign of England in this draw. Four left for both teams and personel...whats next?

WCSweep-Ghana.jpg

TAFKA: African representatives in Ghana. Who will be backing this side?

TAFKA: It's...MR. LCS

TAFKA: Still Togo to be drawn from the African sides, but here we've seen MR. LCS draw a decent little side.

Draw 29: MR. LCS draws Ghana

TAFKA: Three to go...England, Togo and Italy.

TAFKA: Who's it gonna be this time?

TAFKA: It's Italy.

WCSweep-Italy.jpg

TAFKA: Who's going to draw the Italians?

TAFKA: DIRTY JOHNNY 27 is who!

TAFKA: The Defensive Italians are a good shout for this thing, Johnny's got to be happy with that!

Draw 30: Dirty Johnny 27 draws Italy

TAFKA: Two to go. England...Togo...England...Togo....

TAFKA: England...Togo...England...Togo...England...TOGO

WCSweep-Togo.jpg

TAFKA: Well it's Togo, England are going to be the last pick.

TAFKA: And Togo is...muddatrucker

TAFKA: Mudda draws Togo.

Draw 31: muddatrucker draws Togo

TAFKA: Well, there's only one left...

WCSweep-England.jpg

TAFKA: England, and theres only one left from the "B" Bowl, well really two...

ADRENALINEJUNKY & ANDO SOLO

TAFKA: Congratulations to them on this selection. Being English I've got to say we have a chance!

Draw 32: adrenalinejunky & Ando Solo draw England

TAFKA: Wow, what were the odds of England being the last side out? Amazing, what a draw.

TAFKA: With the draw complete let's see the final groups...

Group A:

Germany - The Slickman

Costa Rica - alldawson

Poland - kulex

Ecuador - Small Red

Germany and the Slickman are the favourites here, they should take the group - while the other three all have a realistic chance to grab the second place spot. Here's my prediction...

1st: Germany (The Slickman), 2nd: Costa Rica (alldawson), 3rd: Ecuador (Small Red), 4th: Poland (kulex)

Group B:

England - adrenalinejunky & Ando Solo

Paraguay - Eddie G

Trinidad and Tobego - Michael

Sweden - Jam

England with AJ and Ando Solo at the helm look set to win this group, but never doubt the Swedes who have the ability to take the top spot. My Prediction...

1st: England (adrenalinejunky & Ando Solo), 2nd: Sweden (Jam), 3rd: Paraguay (Eddie G), 4th: Trinidad and Tobego (Michael)

Group C:

Argentina - Be

Ivory Coast - TMM

Serbia and Montenegro - lafunky xxvii

Holland - Green Demon

Argentina, Holland and the Ivory Coast all have a good case to go forward to the next stage, I think though that Be might be unlucky and Argentina will go out in the first round. As for Serbia and Montenegro...well, they will try at least! Prediction...

1st: Holland (Green Demon), 2nd: Ivory Coast (TMM), 3rd: Argentina (Be), 4th: Serbia and Montenegro (lafunky xxvii)

Group D:

Mexico - Chazmus

Iran - IAceI

Angola - Lost Soul & The Ace

Portugal - What Would Jesus Do?

Portugal with What Would Jesus Do? and Mexico with Chazmus are the favourites here, they don't look touchable by Angola with Lost Soul & The Ace, or Iran with IAceI. My Prediction...

1st: Portugal (What Would Jesus Do?), 2nd: Mexico (Chazmus), 3rd; Angola (Lost Soul & The Ace), 4th: Iran (IAceI)

Group E:

Italy - Dirty Johnny 27

Ghana - MR. LCS

USA - Mr. Potato Head

Czech Republic - Jook

Tough group for all the participants. My Prediction is...

1st: Italy (Dirty Johnny 27), 2nd: USA (Mr. Potato Head), 3rd: Czech Republic (Jook), 4th: Ghana (Mr. LCS)

Group F:

Brazil - Lowerdeck

Croatia - Second Stage Turbine Blade

Australia - The LBTN

Japan - Turbonegro

Brazil and Lowerdeck are without doubt the favourites here to win this group, and I can't see that changing. Second place? The LBTN and Australia! Yeah I've got a feeling about this. Japan will just miss out. Prediction:

1st: Brazil (Lowerdeck), 2nd: Australia (The LBTN), 3rd: Japan (Turbonegro), 4th: Croatia (The Second Stage Turbine Blade)

Group G:

France - Summers

Switzerland - Aaron Maiden

South Korea - Assassin

Togo - muddatrucker

France and Summers to win this, they have a good side at this World Cup and will do well. Second place, let's try Switzerland and Aaron Maiden - very much an outside bet but I'm sure they can do it. It will definatly be close for everyone. My Prediction...

1st: France (Summers), 2nd: Switzerland (Aaron Maiden), 3rd: Togo (muddatrucker), 4th: South Korea (Assassin)

Group H:

Spain - HG Wannabe

Ukraine - Hipster Doofus

Tunisia - The Kraig

Saudi Arabia - TAFKA Castroneves

Spain or Ukraine are going to win this group, it's a battle of two levels here. I've gotta put Saudi third though - sorry Kraigy :P

1st: Spain (HG Wannabe), 2nd: Ukraine (Hipster Doofus), 3rd: Saudi Arabia (TAFKA Castroneves), 4th: Tunisia (The Kraig)

And with that the draw is complete. Congratulations everyone on your selections! Use the images in your sigs if you want, and enjoy the World Cup. Don't forget to bitch at each other about the matches in here when you guys face each other :P

Edited by TAFKA Castroneves