EWB World Cup 2006 Sweepstake

• Replies 115
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I predict that Ando Solo and I will be following Slickman’s Germany through to the knockout stages after England’s convincing 13-0 battering of Trinidad and Tobago later on >_> If Sweden and Paraguay draw then we go through on top of the group as well. I think Sweden will win that game though. Plus Costa Rica will lose to Ecuador.

I predict a tough battle, but a comfortable win margin for our lads this afternoon. As well as a Rooney cameo.

I predict a tough battle, but a comfortable win margin for our lads this afternoon. As well as a Rooney cameo.

I love actually predicting something right for once. I also predicted 2-0 in the WC thread, as well as on that prediction game.

Shall we see how we're getting on? (Y)

Group A

After 2 Games...

1. WCSweep-Ecuador.jpg

Small Red - played 2 - won 2 - goal diff +5 - 6pts

2. WCSweep-Germany.jpg

The Slickman - played 2 - won 2 - goal diff +3 - 6pts

3. WCSweep-Poland.jpg

kulex - played 2 - won 0 - goal diff -3 - 0pts

4. WCSweep-CostaRica.jpg

alldawson - played 2 - won 0 - goal diff -5 - 0pts

Well this one is all done and dusted apart from who will actually end up as winners of this group. Ecuador and Small Red have been a slight surprise despite their South American form while Germany and the Slickman still don't look settled into their World Cup. Hard luck for Poland and kulex who on another day and another competition could have made it through, Costa Rica and alldawson also gave it their best - and will certainly be remembered for the opening day antics against the Germans. Small Red and the Slickman will be advancing here.

Group B

After 2 Games...

1. WCSweep-England.jpg

AJ and Ando Solo - played 2 - won 2 - goal diff +3 - 6pts

2. WCSweep-Sweden.jpg

Eddie G - played 2 - won 1 - goal diff +1 - 4pts

3. WCSweep-TrinidadTobego.jpg

Michael - played 2 - won 0 - goal diff -2 - 1pt

4. WCSweep-Paraguay.jpg

Jam - played 2 - won 0 - goal diff -2 - 0pts

England alongside AJ and Ando Solo have seen themselves have a rocky start - but still manage to gain maximum points so far and a spot in the next round. The other place in the next round will either go to Eddie G's Sweden or Michael's Trinidad and Tobego - both who stand a good chance going into the last group games. It's all over though for Paraguay and Jam who after two losses to Sweden and England are out.

Group C

After 2 Games...

1. WCSweep-Argentina.jpg

Be - played 2 - won 2 - goal diff +7 - 6pts

2. WCSweep-Netherlands.jpg

Green Demon - played 2 - won 2 - goal diff +2 - 6pts

3. WCSweep-IvoryCoast.jpg

TMN - played 2 - won 0 - goal diff -2 - 0pts

4. WCSweep-SerbiaMontenegro.jpg

lafunky xxvii - played 2 - won 0 - goal diff -7 - 0pts

Group C is the second group from three that is already wrapped up before the last ties. However the epic battle between Argentina and Holland for the top spot will be huge, and will see Be and Green Demon's teams battle in what is destined to be an excellent encounter. Unfortunatly it's already all over for TMN's Ivory Coast who in another group could have had a much better chance of getting through. The same goes for lafunky xxviii and Serbia & Montenegro who in another group could have possibly done better.

Group D

After 2 Games...

1. WCSweep-Portugal.jpg

What Would Jesus Do? - played 2 - won 2 - goal diff +3 - 6pts

2. WCSweep-Mexico.jpg

Chazmus - played 2 - won 1 - goal diff +2 - 4pts

3. WCSweep-Angola.jpg

Lost Soul & The Ace - played 2 - won 0 - goal diff -1 - 1pt

4. WCSweep-Iran.jpg

IAceI - played 2 - won 0 - goal diff -4 - 0pts

Group D is like Group B in that one of two sides can join the group leaders in going through. In this case though WWJD's Portugal are the ones topping the table - and already through, while Chazmus' Mexico and Angola with Lost Soul and the Ace both have a chance at making the next phase. Mexico have got the more difficult task of having to go up against Portugal next, while Angola have the already eliminated Iran and IAceI. This could be another tricky one to call, but both teams will be up for it.