EWB World Cup 2006 Sweepstake

• Replies 115
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I was gonna do this, just haven't found the time. So nice one TAFKA, count me in for sure.

I hope England will win it, but I predict Brazil will. As for who I'll draw, I think it'll be a good but not great team. Sweden perhaps.

Cheers AJ, I was surprised it hadn't been done yet and thought possibly an admin was going to do it, glad I didn't step on anyones toes.

We're nearly there, just five more places to go. As we speak I'm sorting out creating small graphics to show who has got who - which if you want you can use in your sig.

Sorry mate, you just missed it :( but yeah you and aj can share seeing as he's a lovely bloke (Y)

logo.jpg

EWB VI Presents:

World Cup 2006 – Sweepstakes

Taking place from the worldwide home of football…Barnstaple, North Devon it is now time for the EWB World Cup 2006 Sweepstakes draw!

With the aid of two glass bowls like these:

A6164-007f.jpg

(Except not as colourful or small)…the draw shall be made.

Firstly a team shall be drawn from Bowl A – and then a EWB participant shall be drawn from Bowl B to make the connection. This will be done thirty-two times until the draw is complete and every team is matched up with every participant.

Then of course comes the World Cup itself…and we’ll see the competition unfold until there is one nation that lifts the cup on July 9th…and one EWB winner.

With that explained…let the draw begin!

The Draw

Bowl A (with the World Cup teams) is swished around by the gentle hand of TAFKA's mum >_> the papers get moved around randomly...and we're ready.

TAFKA: The first team drawn is...

WCSweep-Iran.jpg

TAFKA: and the lucky EWB member who draws Iran is... IACEI

Draw 1: IAceI draws Iran

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

TAFKA: The second team drawn is...

WCSweep-Japan.jpg

TAFKA: and who gets Japan? TURBONEGRO

Draw 2: Turbonegro draws Japan

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

TAFKA: Time for the third team to be drawn...and it is...

WCSweep-Netherlands.jpg

TAFKA: Holland! Wow the first major team to be drawn. Who has drawn Holland?

TAFKA: Its...GREEN DEMON

Draw 3: Green Demon draws Holland

TAFKA: To meet the half-way point for the first part of the draw it's time for the forth team...

WCSweep-SArabia.jpg

TAFKA: Saudi Arabia! And the forth different group drawing out of four, wow! Who's got this underdog?

TAFKA: Its...Me! TAFKA Well, at least its got to prove its a randomised process (Y)

Draw 4: TAFKA Castroneves draws Saudi Arabia

TAFKA: Well after that "top rate" draw from myself then it's time for the fifth team...

WCSweep-Ukraine.jpg

TAFKA: And who draws Shevchenko...I mean Ukraine? HIPSTER DOOFUS

TAFKA: Not a bad draw for Doofus there!

Draw 5: Hipster Doofus draws Ukraine

TAFKA: The sixth team to be drawn is...

WCSweep-Switzerland.jpg

TAFKA: A good little side, the Greece of this International competition perhaps?

TAFKA: The person who draws Switzerland is...AARON MAIDEN

Draw 6: Aaron Maiden draws Switzerland

TAFKA: Two to go now in this first draw post! Number seven is...

WCSweep-France.jpg

TAFKA: The winners of World Cup 1998 - FRANCE! The second massive draw of this round.

TAFKA: Who has drawn France? SUMMERS

TAFKA: Well at least Summers got a big team? <_<

Draw 7: Summers draws France

TAFKA: And to finish off this first draw post...

WCSweep-Sweden.jpg

TAFKA: It's the first draw in Group B, and one opponent of England - Sweden!

TAFKA: Who's got Sweden? JAM

Draw 8: Jam draws Sweden

Let's see how that influences the groups of the competition...

Group A:

Germany -

Costa Rica -

Poland -

Ecuador -

Still all four places up for grabs in this Group after the first draw.

Group B:

England -

Paraguay -

Trinidad and Tobego -

Sweden - Jam

Jam is the only person in this group so far, and does look a possible second round qualifier.

Group C:

Argentina -

Ivory Coast -

Serbia and Montenegro -

Holland - Green Demon

Difficult group for Green Demon's Holland - but they must be one of the favourites.

Group D:

Mexico -

Iran - IAceI

Angola -

Portugal -

IAceI could see his team go through, but it will prove difficult for Iran.

Group E:

Italy -

Ghana -

USA -

Czech Republic -

No one so far has been drawn in this group, all have a chance of progression.

Group F:

Brazil -

Croatia -

Australia -

Japan - Turbonegro

Turbonegro must fancy his teams chances with Croatia and Australia in the same group.

Group G:

France - Summers

Switzerland - Aaron Maiden

South Korea -

Togo -

Summers will face Aaron Maiden here at the moment, both teams have a good chance of getting to the second round.

Group H:

Spain -

Ukraine - Hipster Doofus

Tunisia -

Saudi Arabia - TAFKA Castroneves

TAFKA is pretty much screwed :P But Ukraine are realistic outsiders for getting very far into the Cup.

The Next 8 will be drawn soon :D