Redneck

livid

A brand new LAMB OF GOD track, entitled "Redneck", has been posted online at www.sacrament2006.com.

"Redneck" is the first single off LAMB OF GOD's new album, "Sacrament", due on August 22 via Epic. A video for the song has reportedly been shot by director Bill Fishman (EAGLES OF DEATH METAL, GOOD CHARLOTTE).

"Sacrament" was produced by Machine (BLOODSIMPLE, WHITE ZOMBIE), who also helmed the group's 2004 effort, "Ashes of the Wake".

In a recent interview with MTV.com, LAMB OF GOD guitarist Mark Morton had the following to say about the upcoming CD: "The music's influenced by what the five of us are listening to, what we're writing about, the context in which we're writing, our lives and our experiences. We made a deliberate effort not to be so politically motivated this time. We still care about and think about those things, but at this point, creatively, we wanted to step out of that for a moment, and address some other things. So the lyrics are more introspective and more personal, and I think just about anybody will relate to them. Not everybody pays attention to the war or politics."

Not as good as their older stuff, it seems to be pushing for much more of a mainstream metal acceptance, Randy has changed his vocals again, seems to be trying to be a Phil a bit too much.

I dunno, i'm just not feeling this as much as their other stuff.