2006 NBA Draft

Blitz

Here are a few stories that have leaked entering the '06 NBA Draft.

Sources have Andrea Bargnani going number one to the Toronto Raptors. Honestly, the move is odd because they have taken Chris Bosh and Charlie Villanueva with their past two high picks. I've actually heard they could be shopping Villanueva this offseason, but this team needs help everywhere almost and if Bargnani can actually develop (and in my head that's a big if...) the Bosh-Bargnani combo could be really good.

If available at the number three pick, Michael Jordan has selected Adam Morrison to be the Bobcat's pick. Chicago, who currently has the number two pick, could look at Tyrus Thomas or a shooting guard such as Randy Foye or Brandon Roy.

The Boston Celtics and Portland Trailblazers struck a deal, sending the seventh overall pick to Portland in return for Sebastion Telfair. Telfair will help the point guard issue for the Celtics, and will give the Blazers the option to trade the number four and seven picks to move up if they want to. That deal could possibly be struck with the Chicago Bulls, who don't really see a player they NEED with the number two pick.

1. Toronto Raptors

2. Chicago Bulls

3. Charlotte Bobcats

4. Portland Trailblazers

5. Atlanta Hawks

6. Minnesota Timberwolves

7. Portland Trailblazers

8. Houston Rockets

9. Golden State Warriors

10. Seattle Supersonics

11. Orlando Magic

12. New Orleans/Oklahoma City Hornets

13. Philadelphia 76er's

14. Utah Jazz

15. New Orleans/Oklahoma City Hornets

16. Chicago Bulls

17. Indiana Pacers

18. Washington Wizards

19. Sacramento Kings

20. New York Knicks

21. Phoenix Suns

22. New Jersey Nets

23. New Jersey Nets

24. Memphis Grizzlies

25. Cleveland Cavaliers

26. Los Angeles Lakers

27. Phoenix Suns

28. Dallas Mavericks

29. New York Knicks

30. Portland Trailblazers

Damn my Suns.....they had their shot at a lottery PG as a backup in place of Eddie House, and screwed the pooch. (Not as much as the Knicks, but...)

I'm disappointed, but I understand that they need to help themselves out with money. I hope that the Grant contract leaving makes it "less-necessary" to trade away Marion.

RAWR Morrison in Charlotte. Hopefully he can be as good for us as he was in College, even though Gerald Wallace is a decent SF, I think Morrison could move to SG due to how well he shoots the 3. Either way Morrison is a good pickup for the Bobcats.

I have a feeling that the Celtics getting Telfair & Ratliff from Portland might be part of a package for Iverson and if so, at least it's better than the Barkely deal.

Telfair, Iguodala, Carney, Webber & Dalembert is a decent line-up and definately good for the future.

I was fine with Toronto's first pick but I was pulling my hair out as the draft went into the late teens and early twenties with Marcus Williams still sitting there and Toronto not making a trade to get a pick to take him. T.O needs a point guard bad and he would have been a nice fit. Then on top of it they don't even take Denhem Brown in the 2nd round. Damn it, damn it.

Thought this was a really funny part of ESPN's Page 2 draft diary.

10:20 -- The Mavs take Maurice Ager at No. 28. He puts his head in his hands and starts sobbing hysterically as his entourage congratulates him. It's about time we had some emotion tonight, dammit. Ager walks up to the stage in a triple-breasted, oversized beige suit, goes to shake hands with Stern and immediately gets whistled for a foul on Dwyane Wade.