Why'd they bring Celebrity Deathmatch back.

It still sucks, and what's with the shit new MTV2 "SicEmation" shows? uggghhh. Next they'll ressurect Beavis & Butthead or something.

Remember when Deathmatch was good?

That was about six years ago.

The Sic'emation block would've been so much better had they just revived a few of the awesome animated shows that MTV canned. I'd love to see new seasons of stuff like Undergrads, Clone High, and 3 South. Of course, we all know that wouldn't happen and instead some Jeffrey Ross/Orlando Jones shit would take its place. Still, it couldn't have gone over any worse than MTV2 doing season 2 of Andy Milonakis.

Edited by just ROC...

I'll admit. I enjoyed seeing GI Jane kick the shit out of Ashton and Bruce Willis.

ok, I have to admit too, that was amusing.

"You are an idiot."

Is Stone Cold still in it?

Fuck Stone Cold, the best one was when The Undertaker showed up to kill Diamond's son who'd turned into Satan.

Stone Cold can take his time machine and fuck off, right.

I don't think a single voice actor from the original is in this outside of MAYBE the guy who voiced Johnny Gomez since that's the only voice that sounds remotely similar.

Celebrity Deathmatch, at its peak, was a great show. However, going solely from Tony Hawk vs. Bam Margera and Bam Margera vs. Don Vito, this? Not so much. It had its moments (the gags about Tony Hark's complete lack of anything resembling a personality worked very well), but the animation is bad and if they're not going to bring back the actual voice actors for the established characters there's no point to bring them back in the first place (ESPECIALLY Mills Lane).

Edited by GoGo Yubari

I don't think a single voice actor from the original is in this outside of MAYBE the guy who voiced Johnny Gomez since that's the only voice that sounds remotely similar.

Celebrity Deathmatch, at its peak, was a great show. However, going solely from Tony Hawk vs. Bam Margera and Bam Margera vs. Don Vito, this? Not so much. It had its moments (the gags about Tony Hark's complete lack of anything resembling a personality worked very well), but the animation is bad and if they're not going to bring back the actual voice actors for the established characters there's no point to bring them back in the first place (ESPECIALLY Mills Lane).

According to Wikipedia, it's not him. Chris Edgerly does the voice for both him and Mills Lane, and he was Cid from Advent Children. I can't believe they don't have Mills Lane, gettin' it on won't ever be the same :(

According to Wikipedia, it's not him. Chris Edgerly does the voice for both him and Mills Lane, and he was Cid from Advent Children. I can't believe they don't have Mills Lane, gettin' it on won't ever be the same :(

Well, Chris Edgerly does a VERY good Johnny Gomez. Like, it sounds EXACTLY like Maurice Schlafer's portrayal.

Watching it now on MTV2; if the original was hit-or-miss, this is ten times as hit-or-miss. A lot of it is that they have absolutely no clue how to end the fights. The ending to Ryan Seacrest vs. Simon Cowell was completely abrupt with a halfway-decent punchline. And the only particularly good part of the Olsen Twins vs. the Osbournes was the "which is the one with the eating disorder? Yeah, I'll take her." line at the start.

I admit I haven't seen the new portrayal of CD, but I loved it when I was younger. Best match finish ever: Hanson vs Spice Girls. They all join in the ring for a final attack, when the rafters come down on them. Up on the ceiling... Marilyn Manson with a chainsaw. Classic, I tell you. CLASSIC.

It still sucks, and what's with the shit new MTV2 "SicEmation" shows? uggghhh.

It's because of Cartoon Network's 'Adult Swim'. It generally gets the highest ratings for it's timeslot among 18-34 year olds. MTV, along with G4, seem to be attempting to cash in on this market.

It still sucks, and what's with the shit new MTV2 "SicEmation" shows? uggghhh.

It's because of Cartoon Network's 'Adult Swim'. It generally gets the highest ratings for it's timeslot among 18-34 year olds. MTV, along with G4, seem to be attempting to cash in on this market.

Don't forget Fuse and their craptastic Empire Square.