NFL 06/07 Talk

Guest Mighty Mighty Bosstown

Some rumors afoot about McNabb being traded to Detroit for the 2nd Overall pick in the draft, who will be Russell or Quinn (whoever the Raiders don't pick).

If this materializes I will anticipate the riots in the Philadelphia area.

Not happening.

Marinelli is adamant on keeping Kitna as the starter and building the lines. McNabb would be just as bad as Kitna behind the current line, and he's not worth a #2 overall draft pick.

Wednesday, January 31, 2007

McNabb trade rumor gets chuckle from Lions

No, no, no. Donovan McNabb is not coming to the Detroit Lions.

Most fans who are knowledgeable about the Lions situation -- not to mention the NFL salary cap -- are well aware there's no chance the Lions are going to trade their second overall pick for McNabb. Still, since the rumor is making the rounds on AOL, it needs to be addressed.

A call to the Lions, just to make sure, drew a hearty laugh. While the Lions respect McNabb as a quarterback, that's not one of the many positions they're hoping to address in the off-season.

So, no, it's not going to happen. The writer was merely speculating about what he thinks the Lions "should'' do, not reporting any info that talks, internal or otherwise, have actually happened.

• Replies 2.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Because they covered a potentially big (yet retarded) trade concerning one of the highest profiled players in the league?

Anyway, Rex called the media ignorant today... good job Rex, that'll get learn 'em! Briggs also sorta slipped out that they'll win, good job Lance, way to help the cause.

Jerry Jones said his coaching search won't end till after the Super Bowl and hinted that he might not even be done interviewing.

I take this to mean he's going after Rivera

Fred Dean - Defensive End - 1975-1981 San Diego Chargers, 1981-1985 San Francisco 49ers

Richard Dent - Defensive End - 1983-1993, 1995 Chicago Bears, 1994 San Francisco 49ers, 1996 Indianapolis Colts, 1997 Philadelphia Eagles

Russ Grimm - Guard - 1981-1991 Washington Redskins

Ray Guy - Punter - 1973-1986 Oakland/Los Angeles Raiders

Gene Hickerson - Guard - 1958-1973 Cleveland Browns

Michael Irvin - Wide Receiver - 1988-1999 Dallas Cowboys

Bob Kuechenberg - Guard - 1970-1984 Miami Dolphins

Bruce Matthews - Guard, Tackle, Center - 1983-2001 Houston Oilers/Tennessee Oilers/Titans

Art Monk - Wide Receiver - 1980-1993 Washington Redskins, 1994 New York Jets, 1995 Philadelphia Eagles

Andre Reed - Wide Receiver - 1985-1999 Buffalo Bills, 2000 Washington Redskins

Charlie Sanders - Tight End - 1968-1977 Detroit Lions

Paul Tagliabue - NFL Commissioner - 1989-2006

Derrick Thomas - Linebacker - 1989-1999 Kansas City Chiefs

Thurman Thomas - Running Back - 1988-1999 Buffalo Bills, 2000 Miami Dolphins

Andre Tippett - Linebacker - 1982-1993 New England Patriots

Roger Wehrli - Cornerback - 1969-1982 St. Louis Cardinals

Gary Zimmerman - Tackle - 1986-1992 Minnesota Vikings, 1993-1997 Denver Broncos

Rod Woodson only retired in 2003, so he's still got another year before he's eligible.

Out of this group, I agree with Irvin and Matthews. I'm surprised Derrick Thomas and Art Monk aren't in already. Grimm and Dent are outside shots, and I'd see Tagliabue going in sooner rather than later.

And Jerry Jones can blow me, too.

In Order of How I'd Choose:

Bruce Matthews

Michael Irvin

Art Monk

Ray Guy

Paul Tagliabue (Only because he just retired, still fresh in our minds and such)

Derrick Thomas :crying: I loved him

Richard Dent

Russ Grimm

Thurman Thomas

Matthews is really the only shoo-in at this point I would think. I say that because Monk, Irvin, and others have already been screwed passed over before.

with at least three, but no more than six, candidates being elected annually.
Edited by ACCBiggz

If anyone has any reason why Art Monk shouldn't go in, although we all seem to be normal, rational people here, I can try and hook you up with a 100mb video I've watched to perhaps help change your mind. That's if I can dig up the link, basically it takes all the reasons that the opposition (Peter King etc. I believe) give, and gives factual and video proof as to why they're wrong.

Just put him in already.

In Order of How I'd Choose:

Bruce Matthews

Michael Irvin

Art Monk

Ray Guy

Paul Tagliabue (Only because he just retired, still fresh in our minds and such)

Derrick Thomas :crying: I loved him

Richard Dent

Russ Grimm

Thurman Thomas

Matthews is really the only shoo-in at this point I would think. I say that because Monk, Irvin, and others have already been screwed passed over before.

with at least three, but no more than six, candidates being elected annually.

So you could add someone else Chase, and I guess Dent, Grimm, and Thomas get the boot from my list.

Derrick Thomas

Michael Irvin

Bruce Matthews

Art Monk

Paul Tagliabue

Those are my five in order of deservance... of those five, I think four have a great shot of getting in. The only expection being Michael Irvin, who will never see the Hall of Fame, I'm affraid due to character issues, which is completely moronic.

Edit: Much like the way I spell. :shifty:

Edited by MikelSweeten

Derrick Thomas

Michael Irvin

Bruce Matthews

Art Monk

Paul Tagliabue

Those are my five in order of deservance... of those five, I think four have a great shot of getting in. The only expection being Michael Irvin, who will never see the Hall of Fame, I'm affraid due to character issues, which is completely moronic.

Edit: Much like the way I spell. :shifty:

I cannot confirm this, and the likelihood of it being true is in my opinion, small.

But a guy on a Steelers message board I frequent said he just heard on Fox Sports Radio that Chad Johnson is being questioned in connection with a murder in Florida or something.

Obviously I don't have all the details and neither did he, so it could be anything, but keep an eye out for news on this.

It's not a joke from my end. If the guy on the board is making a joke, I don't know.

But I thought I'd post it here to see if anyone else heard anything.

As for it being a joke, I can swear that I really got it from a message board and if the guy who posted it is joking, I can't say for sure.