NFL 06/07 Talk

Guest Mighty Mighty Bosstown

If they would have kept Plummer in, they would have made the playoffs. They had a winning record, and seemed to be doing fine until their coach was like "So, we are switching QB's for almost no reason despite being a playoff team and we are going ot use our starter this week bu tnot next just to fuck with his head in the next game."

Jay Cutler is a loser. Denver has good running and defense, and he still fucked it up enough to miss the playoffs.

• Replies 2.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Considering Detroit already has Jon Kitna, who is a perfectly servicable quarterback - even with the Lions' shittastic offensive line - that would be a wholly useless trade.

I'm not sure how much cash is owed to Carr, but Kitna is 34 years old and Carr is only 27. That's 7 years difference, and that's a big deal in the NFL. Give Carr the year to learn the system and heal from all the sacks he's taken over the years, by the start of the 2008 season Kitna will be nearly 36.

They also probably could've gotten value for Carr, rather then giving up draft picks for a player who still isn't proven in the NFL, especially behind a line such as the one the Texans have. So while it may not have been the best option, I think it would've been much better then "wholly useless".

Evidently this thread Needs less Haijhowe because he has no fucking clue what he's talking about. Cutler has an amazing arm and after last year, he should be a lot better and a lot more accurate.

The Atlanta Falcons have found a potential replacement for the recently traded quarterback, Matt Schaub. The Falcons signed former Baltimore backup Chris Redman to a one-year deal tonight. Redman played at Louisville, where Atlanta's new head man, Bobby Petrino, coached.

Stop all those rumors of Marshall Faulk reuniting with Mike Martz in Detroit or possibly returning to the St. Louis Rams. Not happening. Faulk has decided to retire. He and the Rams will make a joint announcement March 26 at the owners meetings in Phoenix. Faulk now will be eligible for Hall of Fame Class of 2011, along with Jerome Bettis and Curtis Martin. What an RB class!

Sucks as I was hoping Marshall would come back. He wouldn't be the focus back, but he would be a good second option in the pro set.

7-4

Denver's record before blowing their load and putting in Jay Cutler.

The next megastar of football than sucessfully drove his team out of the playoffs, finishing 2-3 with losses to Seattle (At home) and San Fransisco (Also at home) and San Diego (Forgivable). But he did manage to beat powerhouse Arizona (On the road no less) and and got an impressive win thanks to his magic ability to make the Bengals botch a PAT attempt.

Oh, and let's not forget his College career, where he had no bowl births, winning seasons, and Tennessee team and an OT loss to Florida.

Next time youw ant to call me out like I don't fucking know anything, don't.

The reason Vandy lost to Florida is because the NCAA is a bunch of dumb motherfuckers. A guy gets flagged for "Unsportman's like Conduct" and he didn't even fucking do anything. Which cost them the Two Point conversion that they were going to go for, and instead, had to kick a field goal. Seriously, the guy didn't hardly move it all when he scored and they said "that's excessive celebration" what a crock of bullshit.

Considering Detroit already has Jon Kitna, who is a perfectly servicable quarterback - even with the Lions' shittastic offensive line - that would be a wholly useless trade.

I'm not sure how much cash is owed to Carr, but Kitna is 34 years old and Carr is only 27. That's 7 years difference, and that's a big deal in the NFL. Give Carr the year to learn the system and heal from all the sacks he's taken over the years, by the start of the 2008 season Kitna will be nearly 36.

They also probably could've gotten value for Carr, rather then giving up draft picks for a player who still isn't proven in the NFL, especially behind a line such as the one the Texans have. So while it may not have been the best option, I think it would've been much better then "wholly useless".

Carr's owed close to $7 million this year and I don't know the Lions cap room at this point, but I doubt they'll go out and trade for him when they can probably just draft a QB next year (or this year if they want Quinn, which would be a mistake IMO), so while it would be nice for the Lions to get a younger QB in and getting ahold of the offensive scheme, I doubt they'll bite.

The Vikings would be an interesting team to see him on, if only because they have less weapons than the Texans, but have an o-line.

People also forget we have Josh McCown as a back up, who wasn't as highly touted as Carr coming out of college, but hasn't really been worse off either. He's also considerably more mobile then Carr giving him an advantage with the Lions shitty offensive line should Kitna go down during the year.

No reason for the Lions to take a chance on Carr when they already gave up on the other QB flop of the 2002 NFL draft. I'd say next year is Detroit's year to make a move for a young QB, with Kitna's age becoming a factor.

Edited by VerbalPuke

The Miami Dolphins and quarterback Trent Green have all but reached a contract agreement; there no longer is an issue about whether those two sides can strike a deal. The issue is between the Dolphins and the Chiefs. If those two teams can reach a trade agreement, Green will become a Dolphin. Otherwise, Miami could opt to try to sign David Carr, who is expected to be released by the Houston Texans.

The week of moving and shaking for the Houston Texans continues. The Texans have decided to cut quarterback David Carr and running back Domanick Williams -- the former Domanick Davis. Each is now free to sign with another team. The Texans also are expected to match the offer sheet that restricted free-agent fullback Vonte Leach signed with the New York Giants.

The Dallas Cowboys have reached agreement with free-agent safety Ken Hamlin on a one-year, $2.5 million deal. Hamlin also had visited the Saints, but he spent the past few days trying to finalize the deal with the Cowboys. Now Hamlin and Roy Williams will form one of the most formidable safety tandems in the league.

Seattle re-signed free-agent wide receiver Bobby Engram.

The New York Jets signed free-agent defensive end Michael Haynes, the former Chicago first-round draft choice.

Green Bay re-signed restricted free-agent tight end Tory Humphrey.

The New York Giants re-signed restricted free-agent wide receiver Darius Watts.

Tennesse re-signed restricted free-agent defensive tackle Marcus White.

The Detroit Lions signed free-agent guard Zach Piller to a one-year deal worth $760,000. Piller, formerly of the Tennesse Titans, also had visited the Redskins.

The Arizona Cardinals reached agreement with free-agent fullback Terrelle Smith on a two-year deal. The Browns recently released Smith.

Perhaps someone who knows more about the business side of football can help me out here...

What advantage is there, if any, to just releasing a player instead of trying to trade them?

Why would the Texans release both Carr and Davis rather than shop them around?

I am pretty sure that the likely have bonuses that are due in the next few months so the realased them rather then pay them the bonuses and I am sure that they tried shopping them around but couldnt get any deals.

On that note I wouldnt be suprised to see Carr end up in Cleveland seeing as how they were intreseted before he was realased and now that it would be free to get him they will probably give him a close look.

The Steelers sign FA LB Marcello Church.

And jesus christ hajjhowe, Cutler has half a year to play AS A ROOKIE and you're calling him a "loser". Do you realize how stupid that makes you sound?

Or do you hold some kind of petty grudge against the kid? 5 games is hardly enough time to know whether or not a guy will be a loser.

What advantage is there, if any, to just releasing a player instead of trying to trade them?

To put it simply, Houston screwed themselves out of a chance to deal either player.

They just traded for Matt Schaub and signed him to a 6-year deal. Therefore, a deal involving Carr is no longer "We're trading the face of our franchise and our starting QB", it's "We're trading the guy we've already found a replacement for." Williams/Davis, same deal with the Ahman Green addition.

If you're going to make a deal, you have to trade the players before you get their replacements; once you've got replacements everybody knows you're just trying to get rid of them and the offers you get pale in comparison to if you'd made the same offer before replacements were added.

Edited by ACCBiggz

To put it simply, Houston screwed themselves out of a chance to deal either player.

They just traded for Matt Schaub and signed him to a 6-year deal. Therefore, a deal involving Carr is no longer "We're trading the face of our franchise and our starting QB", it's "We're trading the guy we've already found a replacement for." Williams/Davis, same deal with the Ahman Green addition.

If you're going to make a deal, you have to trade the players before you get their replacements; once you've got replacements everybody knows you're just trying to get rid of them and the offers you get pale in comparison to if you'd made the same offer before replacements were added.